IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not going to debate with someone who uses this abusive, foul language....if you can’t reply without swearing and using immature terms then you may need to be the one to ‘get a grip’ as you advised a previous poster who dared to be upset that we have thrown away a sizeable lead, again....

While you continue to twist my words and spread lies I will use foul language. The ball is in your court.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's the thing, 2 games and a 3 goal and a 2 goal lead thrown away just like god knows how many times last season.

We have signed around 11 players since last season and only 2 of those 11 started in both games, coincidence?, just saying.

like this once with an emoji, deserves more than that so give yourself 5 likes from me!!

9 hours ago, maxjak said:

Sort it  out  LJ.............Your a fine young cannibal, but you need to knock some heads together, we have ability and teamwork, but 3-0 and 2-0.....and 2 points.....NOT Good enough, get yer frigging act together........or sort out your tactics

I think it is no coincidence that these results happened while we were without Baker.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

While you continue to twist my words and spread lies I will use foul language. The ball is in your court.

So you have stated on here your intention to use foul language which is against the Forum’s guidelines, so you’re risking a ban or suspension from here. Are you unable to communicate without using such language? It’s unnecessary and abusive. Why not just don’t do it?

I don’t ‘spread lies’ I just give my opinion. It’s a forum for debate, don’t be so dramatic...

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you have stated on here your intention to use foul language which is against the Forum’s guidelines, so you’re risking a ban or suspension from here. Are you unable to communicate without using such language? It’s unnecessary and abusive. Why not just don’t do it?

I don’t ‘spread lies’ I just give my opinion. It’s a forum for debate, don’t be so dramatic...

Why not just stop misrepresenting what I have said?

That is being dishonest, as is lying. Proof being in your nonsense about me not letting Johnson come under criticism at all.

Rather to the opposite to you and Warnock, I am fine with criticism where it is due. I took issue with someone saying Johnson has awful decision making when that is demonstrably false. That does not equal me saying his decision making is perfect, and he gets it all right.

I am able to communicate without foul language but you have been acting as a bit of an arse towards me lately- such as having a dig at me on a thread I hadn't commented on at the time, again misrepresenting my thoughts. 

As for risking a ban, if I get banned, then I get banned. Feel free to report me.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

@mods 

Any chance I could get a weeks ban?

I should probably have a break before I overstep the mark but I dont have the self control to keep myself away.

Extend it for another week if we **** up against Cardiff.

I had a self imposed break from the forum fairly recently.

I'd recommend it - every regular poster should do it now and again imo.

All the more so if you're finding much of your time on OTIB is just spent arguing with others posters.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Midred said:

No it's not a blame the ref post, but what the hell is going on at the moment? Do they have any regular training sessions, as in - reviewing decisions from the last month in a "what would you do in this situation?" like in training sessions in other occupations. In the Bolton game we could have had a penalty against the goal keeper, in todays match Maggers quite rightly was jumping for the ball and the referee gives a free kick to the goal keeper! Flint and Diedieu are regularly wrestled in the box but that goes unseen. Todays referee seemed very reluctant to hand out any cards in the first half and only managed a yellow for Pennington and another for a simulated dive, a rarity in itself. He then proceeded to book 3 city players for fairly minor offences. To me it doesn't matter how many laws there are in the game if they are all going to be interpreted at the whim of individual officials. Surely referees aren't so fragile that they can't compare their decisions with other referees? 

He didn't give a penalty for Magger's shirt pull on their player .

14 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:
13 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

the list of players signed under LJ is quite extraordinary , then add in the loan players. LJ needs better material. 

We have signed around 11 players since last season and only 2 of those 11 started in both games, coincidence?, just saying.

The above posts seem to me to indicate that our recruitment policy is poor to say the least. I too have been underwhelmed by the quality brought in, too often on the pretext that "they are the future".

Lee Johnson has the title "Head Coach" not Manager. Considering how many have been signed (an unprecedented number in my long experience of the Club) a thought occurs. Could it be that recruitment is undertaken by others, Mark Ashton, scouts, etc., and the Head Coach is then expected to build his team from the players he is given. Before the keyboard warriors burst a blood vessel and reach for the "rubbish" key I would point out that it does happen.

4 minutes ago, jayjay said:

The above posts seem to me to indicate that our recruitment policy is poor to say the least. I too have been underwhelmed by the quality brought in, too often on the pretext that "they are the future".

Lee Johnson has the title "Head Coach" not Manager. Considering how many have been signed (an unprecedented number in my long experience of the Club) a thought occurs. Could it be that recruitment is undertaken by others, Mark Ashton, scouts, etc., and the Head Coach is then expected to build his team from the players he is given. Before the keyboard warriors burst a blood vessel and reach for the "rubbish" key I would point out that it does happen.

I imagine the scouting team are involved, as they should be, but id be very surprised if LJ didn't have the final say.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I imagine the scouting team are involved, as they should be, but id be very surprised if LJ didn't have the final say.

I would sincerely hope you are right but I would then ask why do so many appear to be not to his liking?

Gutted we allowed yet another comeback but overall happy with an away point at Elland Road against a team with a new manager.  

We need to sort our defence out and perhaps Baker’s return will do that. Scoring goals isn’t a problem for us (vs Bolton excepted) but stupid and panicky defending is - although to be fair 2 of the Sunderland goals last week were utter flukes that they won’t recreate again in 100 seasons.