IGNORED

City Lose to Leeds Today and.......

cityfan

It will nearly be over.  That's not to be silly, but other teams are in the ascendancy and City are on a poor run.  Someone else always comes in with a late run and that would make City most vulnerable out of the top 6. Mentally that might put them in a difficult position and less able to 'fight'. It certainly wouldn't be impossible to be top 6 thereafter, but I feel the task will be much harder.

Win today and beat Fulham on Wednesday and the whole dynamic could change. Beat Cardiff the week after and City will be in the ascendancy.

However, Cardiff, Derby and Villa all look strong right now as we enter the last leg.

5 minutes ago, cityfan said:

It will nearly be over.  That's not to be silly, but other teams are in the ascendancy and City are on a poor run.  Someone else always comes in with a late run and that would make City most vulnerable out of the top 6. Mentally that might put them in a difficult position and less able to 'fight'. It certainly wouldn't be impossible to be top 6 thereafter, but I feel the task will be much harder.

Win today and beat Fulham on Wednesday and the whole dynamic could change. Beat Cardiff the week after and City will be in the ascendancy.

However, Cardiff, Derby and Villa all look strong right now as we enter the last leg.

Can’t agree with that. Granted, three wins from the next three will make things look rosy whereas three defeats will probably mean we fall back into the chasing pack but it will be a long, long way from over either way.

Three points would be huge for us but a defeat doesn’t end our season - it just makes the next game more important.

3 minutes ago, cityfan said:

It might be us that come in with a late run, why not.

Can't agree sorry. Even if we lose today we are still well in the hunt for play offs.  A win or draw would be very very welcome though. 

We need a performance today more than anything, after that toss at Bolton & the second half last Saturday.

I’d happily take a point and a good performance to get the confidence flowing again, we are such a confidence team and there’s no better time to be playing Leeds.

59 minutes ago, cityfan said:

Sorry but that’s rubbish. Whatever happens today, we’re still in 6th spot and there will still be 14 games to go and countless permutations. Form is just that; it’s form, it’s temporary and it is not a reliable indicator of what’s to come. Just look at the last third of our previous two seasons for proof of that. It’s likely another team will finish strongly (it could be us, even) but equally another team currently above us may falter.

Seems some are determined to predict the outcome of the season based on isolated results. Today is a huge game but whatever happens, nothing is decided and every outcome remains entirely possible. I can only hope for some perspective should we lose.

1 hour ago, cityfan said:

Ohh ...F F S 

Ps... It's on TV... 

& online .. Hesgoals 

If you dare to watch... Hey we're WINNING! :sun:

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Can’t agree with that. Granted, three wins from the next three will make things look rosy whereas three defeats will probably mean we fall back into the chasing pack but it will be a long, long way from over either way.

Three points would be huge for us but a defeat doesn’t end our season - it just makes the next game more important.

Three wins from the next three would look rosey but that's not going to happen and it still wouldn;t change the fact that we've given up two games in a row that we should have easily seen out and crumbled.

6 points out of the last 27 is relegation form, not promotion form. In my opinion, City now need to beat both Fulham and Cardiff to peg back two other promotion contenders.

I doubt Cardiff under Neil Warnock will blow up and Wolves are kind of home and dry.  So City's form has to change just to stay in 6th place, let alone climb further.

Whether tiredness has set in, mental fragility, game management or lack of depth in the squad, I don't know.  City have had a great season, but the next two games could determine whether City are in the play-offs or not.  Win and mental strength and confidence is restored.  Lose both and I anticipate that City will fall away.

6 points out of the last 27 is relegation form, not promotion form. In my opinion, City now need to beat both Fulham and Cardiff to peg back two other promotion contenders.

I doubt Cardiff under Neil Warnock will blow up and Wolves are kind of home and dry.  So City's form has to change just to stay in 6th place, let alone climb further.

Whether tiredness has set in, mental fragility, game management or lack of depth in the squad, I don't know.  City have had a great season, but the next two games could determine whether City are in the play-offs or not.  Win and mental strength and confidence is restored.  Lose both and I anticipate that City will fall away.

Fair play. Agree with that.

I think it is a massive uphill struggle for us now after tonight's draw with Fulham.  Simply looking at form, position and games, we need to improve results drastically to hold on to the play-offs.  Much as I would love us to win against Cardiff, I fear that will be extremely difficult and Warnock has got them firing, that's for sure; the man just keeps winning.

Assuming City were to lose against Cardiff, City will need to go on quite a winning streak to maintain their position.

5 minutes ago, cityfan said:

I think it is a massive uphill struggle for us now after tonight's draw with Fulham.  Simply looking at form, position and games, we need to improve results drastically to hold on to the play-offs.  Much as I would love us to win against Cardiff, I fear that will be extremely difficult and Warnock has got them firing, that's for sure; the man just keeps winning.

Assuming City were to lose against Cardiff, City will need to go on quite a winning streak to maintain their position.

Kind of agree, comes down to whether we can get our form back, and there were signs of that today.

On paper, we will still look very well placed. Even if we are a point or two out of it, in any our last 12 we will have none of the top five left to play, big games v Sheff Utd, Brentford, Boro and Preston, and eight bottom half teams left. If we can get some form back, our run in is as good as anyone’s.

If. 

Archived