IGNORED

Fulham on Wednesday

BRISTOL86

16 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Mags and Bryan down the left at the Etihad did alright if memory serves. 

Our best form came with our patched up team and Reid as a lone striker. That's why I'm convinced 3.5.2 suits us best. Keeps that five Man midfield. Brownhill Pack and Smith were outstanding at craven cottage. 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Our best form came with our patched up team and Reid as a lone striker. That's why I'm convinced 3.5.2 suits us best. Keeps that five Man midfield. Brownhill Pack and Smith were outstanding at craven cottage. 

Agree. I was at Craven Cottage earlier this season too, and we were extremely organised that night, whilst being fluid/lively in our attacks. With our 5 in Midfield we flooded the middle of the pitch, meaning that Fulham really struggled to get a strangle hold of the game. Their only outlets were out wide most of the time, which we figured out quickly, enabling our full backs to stay compact snuffing out potential danger, and not allowing them any space in behind. 

What I'd give for this performance on Wednesday night!

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

For me, starting XI would be:

Fielding

Wright - Flint - Baker - Magnússon

Brownhill - Walsh - Smith - Bryan

Diedhiou - Reid

I like this; the thought of either Kent or Paterson in front of Bailey Wright worries the hell out of me on Weds. Sessegnon will tear Bailey a ‘new one’ and he needs help. Neither Kent or Pato are disciplined enough.

Another possible option is Bryan in the middle - for Walsh - and Pato on the left but I fear that would leave Mags a little exposed. At least Bryan helps cover when playing left mid

11 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t think of a worse two games to lose Pack for. But it is what it is. Hopefully someone else steps up. Desperately just need a win by any means possible to get some confidence back. 

Personally don’t think we will miss Pack against Fulham but Cardiff is a different matter 

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fielding

Diedhiou - Reid

Only concern really is missing Pack. I wonder if Walsh and Smith are too similar.

Your edited :P side is the one I would be very tempted to pick, but....

....part of me is tempted to leave Diedhiou on the bench.  Madness I hear, but perhaps we need to get back to pass and move to get our confidence up?  Can always unleash a fresh Diedhiou for mast half hour?

So perhaps Pato in behind Reid?  Would stop them overloading us in the middle if Pato or Reid sit in.

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fielding

Wright.  flint   Baker  Bryan

Smith

Brownhill.  Reid

Kent.                   Paterson

Diedhiou

We won't get overrun in midfield with that team. Our wingers will be able to attack like they should be, with that extra man in midfield as cover. Deidhiou is suited to the lone role. And Reid can find more space to get chances by arriving into box from deeper. I feel he has not been getting many chances for a while up front. 

I think Reid is so important to our triggers from the front, I’d rather sacrifice Diedhiou if I was gonna play one up topic our current form.  Harsh on Diedhiou I know, but he was also tired after 60-65 yesterday.  Against a passing team like Fulham he would have to more ‘doggies’ on his own.

Regardless of player selection and formation we'll be 12th man on the field, creating that special night game cauldron atmosphere (as against Man U, Swindon, Gas) as we can do, will be vital.  Fair play to Leeds fans, they did that 2nd half and it made a difference but we have done and can do better.  Hoping also for the right tunnel music at full volume.

COYR :chant6ez:

Haven’t read all this thread, just skimmed through but I think we need to go back to how we got us so high in the table. We need  Baker back,(tick) and Korey in midfield, especially now that Pack is missing. We look like we can get onto the end of Magnussion’s long throws and Diedhiou looks like scoring (then tiring). We need to fit an on form Paterson into the team, but don’t put him out too wide. Brownhill needs to feature too. Personally I wouldn’t play anyone we got in Jan, not from the start anyway. Over to you Lee. 

22 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fielding

Diedhiou - Reid

Only concern really is missing Pack. I wonder if Walsh and Smith are too similar.

Not sure about the 2 CMs they are both midgets! I’d start Brownhill in the middle then Kent on the right and then give Paterson the chance and drop Mags.

20 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

Regardless of player selection and formation we'll be 12th man on the field, creating that special night game cauldron atmosphere (as against Man U, Swindon, Gas) as we can do, will be vital.  Fair play to Leeds fans, they did that 2nd half and it made a difference but we have done and can do better.  Hoping also for the right tunnel music at full volume.

COYR :chant6ez:

I love your optimism, Man U aside I can’t remember this ‘cauldron’ atmosphere you describe! Our cauldron appears lukewarm at best rather then boiling!

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

FF
Wright-Flint-Baker-Mags
Kent-Brownhill-Smith-Bryan
                  Reid
                  FD

I thought Mags had started to look as though him and JB could form a good left side, he has made mistakes but who hasn't lately? 
Brownhill has looked good in CM earlier in the season and JB is good going forward and doesn't get caught out of position so much. Kent could be OK in front of BW and Wright doesn't get forward so much and would cover better, LJ might go with Pato but the poor form of late might mean he misses out again. Be good to see Oneil get 20 minutes and I'd love to see Eliasson on for FD when he tires, be good to have some pace late on. 
Tough game, we need an improvement and some luck.

That's th team I'd go for.  Brownhill in the holding role, Bryan left of midfield, Kent on the right.

16 hours ago, marmite said:

I hope whoever we select that we don't play JB at full back. He is a great asset to the team but not in that position. He drifts inside when play is on the other flank and leaves his winger with acres of space to receive and control the ball.

He is instructed to do it. City frequently do not go man for man. They screen and slide.  

IF he's fit, I would probably replace Marlon with GON. He can play the holding role and that releases Korey. No idea if Eros is likely to feature so I'll assume he's not.

_____________Fielding

Wright      Flint      Baker     Joe B

Brownhill  Smith    GON      Patterson

Diedhou    Reid

Subs:

Kent

Doiny

Magners

Steele

Walsh

Elliasson

Kelly / Pisano

Either that line up or play Magners at LB and Joe B on the LHS of midfield.

____________Fielding

Wright     Flint       Baker      Magners

Brownhill  Smith      GON      Joe B

Diedhou      Reid

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF he's fit, I would probably replace Marlon with GON. He can play the holding role and that releases Korey. No idea if Eros is likely to feature so I'll assume he's not.

_____________Fielding

Wright      Flint      Baker     Joe B

Brownhill  Smith    GON      Patterson

Diedhou    Reid

Subs:

Kent

Doiny

Magners

Steele

Walsh

Elliasson

Kelly / Pisano

Either that line up or play Magners at LB and Joe B on the LHS of midfield.

____________Fielding

Wright     Flint       Baker      Magners

Brownhill  Smith      GON      Joe B

Diedhou      Reid

Gary Oneill played for the U23's yesterday mate, so no chance.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Smith is not 6ft whatever any source says.  I’ve stood next to him on quite a few occasions, and he’s considerably shorter than me (i’m 6’1" and a bit).  5’8"/5’9" would be about right.

Do you reckon Fielding is 6ft?! That’s the strangest one for me. Looks 5ft 10” at most to me!

Archived