IGNORED

Tomorrow night and Sunday

ollywhyte

Big. Huge. Massive. Humongous.

We absolutely need to do everything in our power as fans to help our team get the results we need over the next 4 days.

A win tomorrow coupled with a Cardiff defeat and we will travel to Wales on Sunday with a realistic possibility of cutting the gap to second place to just 2 points. 

Alternatively we could be go 14 points behind Cardiff on Sunday. Plenty of different scenarios to ponder and we simply need to do the business if we are serious about mounting a serious pursuit for promotion.

We need to get behind the boys and even if we fall behind tomorrow, keep an atmosphere going, we saw the difference the Leeds fans made on the weekend and if needs be we need to do the same. We all happily sit here and slag off a player who didn't put 100% effort into a game in an effort to win so why should we be any different?

Johnson talks a lot about the fine line between success and failure and as fans if we can help the team by even a fraction of a percentage mentally, then we should be absolutely doing just that. 

After the season we have already had, the memorable Manchester United win and all the positivity surrounding the club in general this season, these players absolutely deserve us fans to be at our best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Who knows where it may take us. Despite this run we are still within touching distance. Now or never. 

COYR

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

We absolutely need to do everything in our power as fans to help our team get the results we need over the next 4 days.

A win tomorrow coupled with a Cardiff defeat and we will travel to Wales on Sunday with a realistic possibility of cutting the gap to second place to just 2 points. 

Alternatively we could be go 14 points behind Cardiff on Sunday. Plenty of different scenarios to ponder and we simply need to do the business if we are serious about mounting a serious pursuit for promotion.

We need to get behind the boys and even if we fall behind tomorrow, keep an atmosphere going, we saw the difference the Leeds fans made on the weekend and if needs be we need to do the same. We all happily sit here and slag off a player who didn't put 100% effort into a game in an effort to win so why should we be any different?

Johnson talks a lot about the fine line between success and failure and as fans if we can help the team by even a fraction of a percentage mentally, then we should be absolutely doing just that. 

After the season we have already had, the memorable Manchester United win and all the positivity surrounding the club in general this season, these players absolutely deserve us fans to be at our best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Who knows where it may take us. Despite this run we are still within touching distance. Now or never. 

COYR

Why have you started another thread about atmosphere? 

Wonder what LJ is saying to his players?

Would expect him to be saying things like:

- come on lads, remember the things that got us to second, we are still playing well, you are still good players, go out there and do the right things, the things we are good at, and that’ll get the crowd going, and we will get the win etc.

rather than:

- we’ve over achieved, you’re not really a top six side, it was gonna catch up on us at some point, I would take 10th now, Fulham are on a great run and will probably beat us etc.

Perhaps we should have a bit of the top mentality and transfer that to the players tomorrow night.

Well I have no idea what LJ has been saying at half time recently but I wish he would stop!

I am fed up of hearing about "overachieving" as some kind of excuse for a run of truly bad form since Christmas. I still maintain that the 2 semi final games were a massive distraction to the players. 

We need to going back to what we were doing so well 3 months ago, although even then we had a bad performance in us (Preston). Diedhiou back is a major plus & Bobby seems as good as ever but too many players seem out of sorts & down on confidence at the moment.

A win tomorrow is really what is needed. I can hope but given recent form with minimal expectation....

It's make or break time for the whole season. Let the chance of a playoff place slip away in abject fashion, and despite all we have achieved in the first half the season, the ultimate feeling for most will be one of disappointment of an opportunity squandered, even if it is a significant improvement on last season.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No pressure then! Do you really think a team could win ‘every’ game from now until the end of the season...?!

Not every game "until the end of the season", but certainly the next 3 or 4 to build a gap to 7th place.

Back in December, we were talking about a top 2 spot.

There are quite a bunch of teams from about 7th to 14th who are now in touching distance.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not every game "until the end of the season", but certainly the next 3 or 4 to build a gap to 7th place.

Back in December, we were talking about a top 2 spot.

There are quite a bunch of teams from about 7th to 14th who are now in touching distance.

If the team in 14th on 45 Pts (8 Pts behind us) are “in touching distance” doesn’t that mean that we are “in touching distance” of 2nd place still, at the moment..?! 

11 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

COYR

Yes, bit game tonight, but certainly not now or never.  I'd like to think that if we don't get promotion  this season we'll be in an even better position this time next.  The important thing is that we continue to progress.  Promotion this season isn't the be all and end all.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder what LJ is saying to his players?

Would expect him to be saying things like:

- come on lads, remember the things that got us to second, we are still playing well, you are still good players, go out there and do the right things, the things we are good at, and that’ll get the crowd going, and we will get the win etc.

rather than:

- we’ve over achieved, you’re not really a top six side, it was gonna catch up on us at some point, I would take 10th now, Fulham are on a great run and will probably beat us etc.

Perhaps we should have a bit of the top mentality and transfer that to the players tomorrow night.

I read your first sentence as

" I wonder what LJ is saying in his prayers ? "

The lads need to know that they are within touching distance of playing at the pinnacle of world football.

They must give  everything in training , in their daily lives and on the pitch for these remaining games.

They must be able to look at themselves at the end of the season and say , promotion or not ,  I gave it my best shot and couldn't have tried any harder.

That's all I ask of them.

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes, bit game tonight, but certainly not now or never.  I'd like to think that if we don't get promotion  this season we'll be in an even better position this time next.  The important thing is that we continue to progress.  Promotion this season isn't the be all and end all.

There are no guarantees that next year we will be better placed for promotion, look at Reading , Sheff Weds for example.

I have said before ( really Major unlike you to repeat yourself ) I believe this team will have run its course at the end of this season if we don't go up .

The back bone of our team , the League 1 winners , are coming into their best years and may fancy a new challenge if bigger clubs come calling .

No one could begrudge them that or the money we would most likely get for them.

This would mean several players needing to step up their games and new players coming in to hit the ground running .

All possible of course but we are so close it would be very hard to take if after having been promotion candidates for two thirds of the season just to fall away at the business end . The morale for all concerned would be hard to boost .

So promotion this season isn't of course the be all and end all but the repercussions of failure would sound loud .

We will still have a club , thanks to SL but it cannot be denied that the momentum would be badly hit .

Alternatively , We go up , everyone is happy that we got what we deserved and we add some quality to the team, the Gate is sold out for every match and this time next year we'll be speculating on Europe. 

I, personally, want the Champions League place because Thursday's are my bridge nights and that would clash with the Europa Paint Cup .

:yes:

12 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

COYR

Quality post. 

Scary to think we could be 14 points behind Cardiff on Sunday!

I like the fact that a win tonight will take us above Fulham.  If we do take 3 points tonight, then we have set ourselves up for an incredible finish to the season.

I am ******* well up for this lads. Day off so be on the ciders by 3, at the Gate for 6, chips, drop off a shit, then shout the lads on to 3 points.

Lets ******* do it yeah? No more pussyfooting and "they're in a good run of form", we as fans can have a massive impact on the game so lets make it an absolute hell for Fulham.

Up the shagging City.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I am ******* well up for this lads. Day off so be on the ciders by 3, at the Gate for 6, chips, drop off a shit, then shout the lads on to 3 points.

Lets ******* do it yeah? No more pussyfooting and "they're in a good run of form", we as fans can have a massive impact on the game so lets make it an absolute hell for Fulham.

Up the shagging City.

Your dropping off my ex mother in law???

12 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the shagging City.

Will the shit be drinking with you ? If not drop him off before the match gives you more time at the Gate.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Will the shit be drinking with you ? If not drop him off before the match gives you more time at the Gate.

Routine now I'm afraid Major. Can't get in to the match if I don't put one of the Dolman traps out of order.

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the shagging City.

Just don’t get so pissed that you accidentally drop off the chips and wolf down a bag of shit. 

20 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the shagging City.

Waiting until 3?

Late starter!

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Up the shagging City.

I'll be listening out for you (not listening out for you dropping off the shit mind you, but screaming and shouting in the stands).

Perhaps you can get a 'Up the shagging City' chant going, then we'll know its you. 

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I'll be listening out for you (not listening out for you dropping off the shit mind you, but screaming and shouting in the stands).

Perhaps you can get a 'Up the shagging City' chant going, then we'll know its you. 

You won't even need to be in AG to hear me tonight. Buzzing.

Archived