IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Fulham FC Match Day Thread 33

Septic Peg

Just got back from the game and not read any threads, this seems like as good a place to ask as any.

Can anyone confirm if there was a guy who got stripped down to his pants and jumped the advertising boards from the dolman, thought twice about it then ran out the stadium? I dragged myself to the game with man flu and am not sure if i was being delusional or not

Really enjoyed the match, thought we edged it and should/could have won it. I thought they all played well and just don't know why Flint didn't put his foot through it and smash it into the net!!?

Fulham were a good side and the way we want after them after first 15 minutes and again in the second half, gives me hope that the results will start to come.

Sunday is massive though.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well i’m sure some will be happy tonight, not me i’m afraid.

Not for the first time in recent weeks LJ has got it wrong tonight.

Firstly his selection of Paterson beggared belief but to keep him on for 90 minutes was a joke, he was truly dreadful and Kent was hardly any better. I felt sorry for Diedhiou he never had one decent cross to attack all night, neither managed to beat an opponent all game, Kent put in maybe 3 crosses none of them were balls that could be attacked but Paterson was worse he managed to hit the first defender every time, I will get back to Kent later.

I am not a huge Magnússon fan and I don’t know if he was injured when he was taken off but to me he looked mortified and with good reason because he played well and at least contributed to our game unlike our 2 misfiring wide men.

Back to Kent I don't get the love in with him and I must say that I find his signing a total and utter vanity signing, whose vanity I am not sure SL, MA or LJ you choose, why are we trying to improve a Liverpool winger who has done little or nothing so far in his senior career at the cost especially of Eliasson, I suspect he must be well and truly pissed off and miserable with his time here so far.

9 starting players were terrific and the effort was outstanding and overall I thought probably deserved a little more, but LJ you got it wrong again tonight IMHO.

cant seem to stop unnecessary tinkering at the moment, we were better earlier in the season when we seemed to be short handed with our backs to the wall, almost cant seem to make up his mind and is trying to keep everybody happy, and in my experience rarely works. 

8 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

But look at the league table.

We don’t play pretty football, and I must admit that I thought anywhere above 7th would knocking well above our weight.. but you’ve got to admit, 19 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats for us ain’t too bad at all.

Huge disappointment for us tonight is Sean Morrison was subbed off after 30 with a groin injury.. and we’ve not won a game without him on the pitch. So fingers crossed there’s a plan B for Sunday..

11 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

We don’t play pretty football, and I must admit that I thought anywhere above 7th would knocking well above our weight.. but you’ve got to admit, 19 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats for us ain’t too bad at all.

Huge disappointment for us tonight is Sean Morrison was subbed off after 30 with a groin injury.. and we’ve not won a game without him on the pitch. So fingers crossed there’s a plan B for Sunday..

Like Morrison. Glad he's not playing.

Anyone who thinks you're lucky to be where you are atm needs to give their head a wobble.

roddy-d

• roddy-d
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  4 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

You’re obviously a deluded idiot then pal. If you think being 2nd place with 14 games remaining is lucky, with all of the stats I’ve just given you then there really is no hope for you in life. Probably why you’re a Bristol fan.

You’re apparently a “good” side.. so I’m presuming you think you’ve just been “unlucky”.. seeing as you’re now 10 points behind us.

Absolute moron.

Can't you lot count. There is 13 games left actually. Your be lucky to get 13points from the remaining 13.Again you've been Lucky. 

Edited 4 hours ago by roddy-d

This feller disagree's with you   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Like Morrison. Glad he's not playing.

Anyone who thinks you're lucky to be where you are atm needs to give their head a wobble.

I gave my head a wobble, and I still think they are lucky to be where they are atm.

29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I gave my head a wobble, and I still think they are lucky to be where they are atm.

At the end of the day, they've had 30 odd matches for their luck to run out. As unpalatable as it may be they have to be treated as a good side.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

At the end of the day, they've had 30 odd matches for their luck to run out. As unpalatable as it may be they have to be treated as a good side.

I can't remember where I read it.. But someone described Cardiff as not a good side... But an effective side.

Sounds about right to me.. But if it gets you to where we are in the table, then I'll take it.

1 minute ago, BlueDredd said:

I can't remember where I read it.. But someone described Cardiff as not a good side... But an effective side.

Sounds about right to me.. But if it gets you to where we are in the table, then I'll take it.

Think thats fair. Personally wouldn't like to see City play "Warnock football", but that's a whole other debate. Suits yous down to the ground though!

Archived