S82 Song/chant Tonight

One Team

2 minutes ago, UK0wnag3 said:

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLA

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLA

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH BRISTOL CITY 

LA LA LA![1]

[1]citation needed

Took it to be Allez instead of Ole but it works the same. Piss easy to join in with.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

No I've never heard this one before today. Definitely a good 'un

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

No 100% not. People need shooting if that gets sung.

Its ole not allez at all don’t worry!!

Phew! Thank you gents.

Small group of us got it going which was just a bit of fun, more eventually joined in. At least it wasn't about the gas. Couldn't understand why it was so quiet in our section tonight, so many people there who aren't joining in with the songs. 

1 hour ago, One Team said:

What was it, around 70 mins onwards?

Not heard it before, lots of "oooooh"s and "aaaaaahhhh"s in it?

Sounded great whatever it was!

I wondered if it was the PSG chant at Madrid station which was featured in here last week ? 

Whatever it sounded great . Much better atmosphere tonight and BC back to their pre season levels of energy and fight . KS immense and Mags was excellent . Bodes well . 

10 hours ago, hodge said:

I liked it on the basis I think we've lacked a song that can go on for a while, quite a few times have songs which go on and on as constant noise. 

Really? Red Army... Cider Army... 8 Men Had A Dream... Plus others I can't think of now...

11 hours ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

The song was sung in Portugal 2 years ago started randomly by farense,

so we joined in with them and had a bloody good laugh.

fairplay to bringing it back! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Ha! The irony. The lads who started it a couple of seasons ago in the Atyeo were booed a few times. Not sure why. New song? Not a good one according to the booers? I was stood in there amongst it all and it didn't take off. Went quiet for a while but the booers have either moved on or been drowned out by those joining in. It's not top of my list of faves but if it's noise and can go on for a bit, I'm in favour. When I say booing, it wasn't like Cnutgate, when we all started slagging each other off, more older people grumbling at younger ones not to sing it. It adds to the canon, can't be too bad a thing.

3 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Really like the song was great to join in with. Just think theres a few two many 'ole's, it needs a few more words to have more content imo

S82 tried more complex songs in the past few weeks. As we do have a lot of support with an IQ of under 50, anything with more than 3 lines becomes tricky and doesn't catch on.

1 minute ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

S82 tried more complex songs in the past few weeks. As we do have a lot of support with an IQ of under 50, anything with more than 3 lines becomes tricky and doesn't catch on.

Fair point I suppose, being in S24 it can be hard sometimes to catch the lyrics so I definitely understand that 

I thought it was great, it's the sort of song you could see running for 5 or more minutes early, as there is a lot of content in it, 

Problem with our other long songs red army, cider army is on two words repeated so people get bored and stop singing after a minute or two,

Also like that the drum was going to hole time driving the song along, best new song at the gate since Flint said no

2 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

Really? Red Army... Cider Army... 8 Men Had A Dream... Plus others I can't think of now...

Those tend to quieten down after a minute or two unless it's a really good atmosphere I find. From memory some of the best away fans at Ashton gate have been the ones who have a constant chant that just goes on and on and fills time between other chants. 

Archived