IGNORED

Penalty appeals

JBFC II

With the red and white specs on I agree but I also see that in each game the ref could have given a penalty against us, so its just swings and roundabouts but I do feel that we don't seem to get the rub of the green.

I do remember that a few seasons ago when we finished very high in Division 1 we never got a penalty all season and I know that in the whole season we must have had at least one good shout for one.  

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I make that 3 nailed on penalties in our last 4 games that we haven't been given, I know you can't blame the referee for not picking up points but the standard of referees really needs to be looked at, poor to both teams last night

Probably says it all that I have no idea when this was in the game? Didn't come out of the game thinking we were robbed by the ref, thought he was ok.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I make that 3 nailed on penalties in our last 4 games that we haven't been given, I know you can't blame the referee for not picking up points but the standard of referees really needs to be looked at, poor to both teams last night

Flint gets pulled in every game. Refs don't give it. It's a joke. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

He also only flings himself to the ground when the ball isn't anywhere near him, if there's half a chance he can get there he's not too bothered about being held and manages to break free!

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I believe Flint's size counts against him for these sort of appeals .

Just like Baker's tackle for the red he looked like a bully against the little forward who he could have snapped in half . 

Just to shoot myself in the foot with my theory Bobby is fouled a lot and doesn't get as much given as he should do though.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Think the Reid one at Bolton was ridiculous, otherwise they have been in the category of could be given or not.

The Paterson one against Sunderland was stone wall. We were right in line with it. Pulled his shirt half off but tried to stay on his feet. How the linesman did not give it I do not know. A shirt pull is a foul and a yellow card offence every time, it is irrelevant whether the player goes to ground or not.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Think the Reid one at Bolton was ridiculous, otherwise they have been in the category of could be given or not.

Agreed. That was just simply appalling refereeing and not even considering what had actually occurred before predictably blowing up for a ‘foul’ on the keeper. 

It’s got to be said we were VERY lucky to not concede one from Magnússon at Leeds so I think it’s been swings and roundabouts really. 

52 minutes ago, super_scotty_murray said:

The Paterson one against Sunderland was stone wall. We were right in line with it. Pulled his shirt half off but tried to stay on his feet. How the linesman did not give it I do not know. A shirt pull is a foul and a yellow card offence every time, it is irrelevant whether the player goes to ground or not.

Ref was about 6 yards away as well! I agree. When you see the replay, it was a ridiculous decision.

2 hours ago, super_scotty_murray said:

Fair comment, forgot that one and was other end of the pitch to my view.

2 hours ago, super_scotty_murray said:

This is what pisses me off, we all moan when a player goes down to easily to get a penalty but if they don't go down its not given,  what message is that sending out???

Archived