IGNORED

City - Crude, Aggressive, basic

Fiale

Seeing us comment on Cardiff in threads, and of course the posts re our game yesterday where we mostly though we played well and earned a good point, and could have gotten 3 - it is interesting to see what Fulham coach and fans thought. It's like we were all watching 2 different games. 

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/21/head-coach-reaction-bristol-city

“We faced a different kind of football game, it was a great battle,” Jokanović stated. “They were really solid, strong, bordering on the limit.

“In my opinion it was sometimes over the border of the limit but that was not the opinion of the referee. I must respect this.

“Sometimes I was a little bit confused about the rules, what is a foul and what is not.

“In some moments it was like a kind of rugby game; so many pushes, so many situations where I was a little bit confused about what the limits were in this battle, and what is over the limit.”

“In the end I cannot complain, all credit to Bristol City, they play a different way to us, and both teams were close to winning three points; us with our weapons, them with their little bit different weapons

Fulham fans opinion - 

"Their weapons being fouling and trying to throw the ball into the net. Snore"

"I think our Head Coach has mastered the use of the English Language beautifully. His comments have made my day - sums up the game perfectly and everyone is in no doubt that he is saying that Bristol City were thugs and the officials were out of their depth"

"Just got back - their football was crude aggressive and basic
But we couldn’t play against it 
They just stopped us playing our fluid game
Hope we don’t meet them in the playoffs"

"Cardiff play the same thuggish way. One of their players said that when teams see our size & the robust tactics we employ they are afraid to play us. That is not football of any kind in my eyes. There is no need to crack an egg shell with a sledge hammer."

Whilst we’ve got a very ‘agricultural’ style in regard to Magnússon’s throws, the rest of our game is just based on closing down quickly and being in your face. Nothing wrong or rule-bending in that. 

What I saw last night was about 7 occasions where one of their players (mainly Mitrovic or Piazon) fell over under zero contact. 

Ultimately, getting in their faces worked very well, as a team reknowned as the best passing team in the division got rattled and couldn’t find their rhythm. Last 10-15 mins in particular they were very panicky on the ball. Well done us. 

Interesting that Fulham fans displayed a flag saying “Slavisa”. It’s the equivalent of us displaying a flag that says “Lee”. Terrible stuff from Fulham. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't mind hearing that tbh. Too many times over the years we have been a soft touch. 

Agree, it's nice to see the team has a little more "aggression" to their game, not sure we are Rugby like though - unless of course we mixed up our training with Bristol Rugby, maybe their opponents will comment on the amount of kicking and trying to put the ball between the posts when they next play.

15 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Agree, it's nice to see the team has a little more "aggression" to their game, not sure we are Rugby like though - unless of course we mixed up our training with Bristol Rugby, maybe their opponents will comment on the amount of kicking and trying to put the ball between the posts when they next play.

Frankie only played to touch once as I recall .

As I mentioned in another thread, the Fulham fans on the train were the same. It's odd because if it was Wolves or Cardiff saying it, you know they'd be doing it for the rise, but Fulham fans aren't the malicious type, instead this season genuinely believe they're far better than everyone and somehow the 'good' to everyone else's 'evil'.

Yes they are a very pretty team but they're also utterly soft - not physically weak, but that spineless deliberately ready-to-tumble scream and shout softness that some teams cultivate to gain an advantage, and Fulham fans are deluded if they've not spotted it's their own tactic - their keeper was embarrassing with his fake-victimhood. 

And our glass-house living London friends should never forget that Kamara spent about an hour a few months ago launching himself into City players whether Joe Bryan on the touchline or several of our defenders in the box, and a year earlier they tried to break O'Dowda's legs. So zero ****s were given about their view of aggression.  

Fulham have picked up 6 easy points here in their last 2 visits, and appear surprised that we didn't continue this generosity last night. So now cast around for excuses as they face their own doubts/questions ("maybe we're not so good?")

Well done Lee and the boys!

Interesting...! Can anyone spot a correlation here....?

Man City, the purest of pure footballing sides in the country BEAT us and are full of praise for how we play the game. 

Fulham, one of the purest in our division, no doubt, LOSE to us and moan..! 

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’s weird about a banner supporting their manager?! Liverpool have got loads about their ex managers, a fine nod to their heritage...

...a point not lost on the man Utd fans at Anfield a few seasons back who displayed a banner reading "Sir Matt Busby, Sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankley, Bob Paisley - spot the difference..."

Total rubbish that. What are we supposed to do, lie down and let them roll over us?

Think if we're being picky, the rolling around of 3 or 4 of their players at very convenient times (when they were under sustained pressure) is a whole lot more crude.

Did anyone watch the Fulham feed? Calling Baker "Barker" (how do you get that wrong?). Everything was "surely that's a Fulham corner/throw in" and then the highlights showing its clearly not. 

Its always interesting listening to opposition commentary. I remember we played WBA in a friendly and their commentators didn't even mention us or our players for 90 mins.

Archived