IGNORED

City - Crude, Aggressive, basic

Fiale

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes - with "Making Fulham Great Again" underneath. Weird. 

Ah I didn’t see that bit from the other end. Thought it was just the name. 

Got us wondering what the best flag would be for any ex-City manager. 

“Steve”

”Sean”

“Derek”

”Keith”

etc

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

“Steve”

”Sean”

“Derek”

”Keith”

etc

Add 

Lee

Gary 

Danny

Brian

Our managers this Millennium have to just been the lads down the pub. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

“Steve”

”Sean”

“Derek”

”Keith”

etc

Got to be "Alan" though.

10 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

Did anyone watch the Fulham feed? Calling Baker "Barker" (how do you get that wrong?). Everything was "surely that's a Fulham corner/throw in" and then the highlights showing its clearly not. 

Its always interesting listening to opposition commentary. I remember we played WBA in a friendly and their commentators didn't even mention us or our players for 90 mins.

Right pair of melts. Their lad kicked the ball against his own man and he was adamant it was a Fulham goal kick. Claimed that Hörður dived after he got taken out in the first half, nearly bundled Mags over! 

I like to think our commentary team are pretty fair and complimentary of the opposition whenever I have listened. They came across quite arrogant last night and they hardly seemed bothered about being 1-0 up as if they should be!

Soooo, we were supposed to play in a style that suits them then? I didn't see us breaking too many laws whereas every corner we had was more like the WWF than football (winds me right up).

Yes, we were a tad more physical than we have been at times, good!! They didn't like it, good!! They don't want to face us again, good!!!

They don't like it? That means it was effective then as they couldn't play their 'sexy' football. We played plenty ourselves. 

As for their fans, I appreciate they had free travel but, for nigh on 2,000 fans, weren't they ever quiet?? A couple of 'FFC' chants and that was it! 

Think our performance was committed, our pressing was tigerish. When we had the ball we played some nice one touch stuff. 

I think we used Magnússon’s long throws to goidceffect. And if that gave us opportunity to get up the pitch so be it. You could see at times that they didn’t want to give away a throw in. Good. Get that into Cardiff’s heads for Sunday. 

Fulham had about 5 minutes in each half where they played incisive football. At other times they just played in front of us. Pretty but went nowhere. I was still nervous but that doesn’t mean they were effective in that. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’s weird about a banner supporting their manager?! Liverpool have got loads about their ex managers, a fine nod to their heritage...

We should only display banners when prematurely hounding out managers whilst also reminding them of their lack of height. You're not from round yer are you my babber. 

So wrestling Flint around the neck at corners doesn’t figure in Fulham’s assessment of the game and tactics applied

Think it’s more a case they got bullied by us across the pitch and realised they couldn’t play pretty football. No plan B and LJ knew exactly the tactics to upset them and it worked 

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

So wrestling Flint around the neck at corners doesn’t figure in Fulham’s assessment of the game and tactics applied

Think it’s more a case they got bullied by us across the pitch and realised they couldn’t play pretty football. No plan B and LJ knew exactly the tactics to upset them and it worked 

I know every team, including ourselves, do it but it drives me potty. Why isn't it a penalty? :grr:

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Spot on.

I thought we did a sound job on them.

They have a soft underbelly and we got in to them. The coach's did a fine job in getting us to change our normal style of play for this game.

We were more bullish...got in their face and played often more direct looking for the second ball.

We were 541 for long periods...Bobby playing much deeper.

Magners throws were causing mayhem as was Flint in chasing them.

Maybe one day we'll use Magners throw differently...every team is expecting in to the box, perhaps someone should drop off one day and receive it short and cross it in flatter.

I thought yesterday proved, that if we have to change the way we do for certain games, that we can and effectively. Well done LJ and the boys.

Anyone else think their keeper was a drama queen?

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Weird how none of them mentioned the quick interchange passing style and that we were more attack-minded than Fulham.

Madness.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

6 minutes highlights for those who missed the game

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/highlights-bristol-city-1-1-fulham/

Yep total long ball crude tactics there, no "tici - taci" football at all! :whistle:

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

I thought we did a sound job on them.

They have a soft underbelly and we got in to them. The coach's did a fine job in getting us to change our normal style of play for this game.

We were more bullish...got in their face and played often more direct looking for the second ball.

We were 541 for long periods...Bobby playing much deeper.

Magners throws were causing mayhem as was Flint in chasing them.

Maybe one day we'll use Magners throw differently...every team is expecting in to the box, perhaps someone should drop off one day and receive it short and cross it in flatter.

I thought yesterday proved, that if we have to change the way we do for certain games, that we can and effectively. Well done LJ and the boys.

Anyone else think their keeper was a drama queen?

It was the tu tu that gave it away. 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I tell you what, a mate said their goal was offside and I didn't take much notice. After watching that, I reckon he was right!

I agree, looked off but that's just us being aggressive & crude. We're not allowed to be nasty to Fulham. 

I thought it was an enthralling game to watch.

We were at our tenacious best and it reminded me of how we were earlier in the season.

"Thuggish football?" No; that's absolute  rubbish. Once we got going (after they scored) with our high pressing game we wore them down.

You only have to look at the quality of Bobby's goal which was brilliant.

Fulham taking the lead actually changed the rest of the game as they stopped playing and sat deeper thus reducing the space in behind their defence which normally we would've looked to exploit.

Any cockney, even one with half a brain sat behind their show pony of a goalkeeper would've eventually worked that out.

Comparing us to cardiff just goes to show that the average Fulham fan hasn't a clue and expects everyone else to sit back and admire Cairney ambling around unchallenged.

Don't take my word for it just ask

Pep Guardiola when comparing us to cardiff.

Fulham were dead on their feet come the end and won't look forward to playing us again if both of us are lucky enough to reach the playoffs.

That said I thought Fulham are a really good side, who like us, want to play football and contributed to what was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

I didn't see the game last night but, in the games I have watched I believe there has been a major shift in our approach to the game.

Previously I always felt that we were being extremely naive and far too respecting of the rules, the opposition and the officials. This year we have become far more street wise and have decided to play our game and let the opposition worry about us instead of us bowing to them. Perhaps 'little old City' has finally grown up and decided we can hope to mix with the big boys.

4 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

...a point not lost on the man Utd fans at Anfield a few seasons back who displayed a banner reading "Sir Matt Busby, Sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankley, Bob Paisley - spot the difference..."

Five European Cup wins vs three?! By the clubs, not those managers...

Our resident Liverpool fan @Davefevs might want to add to this....

Archived