Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Fiale

City - Crude, Aggressive, basic

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It was the tu tu that gave it away. 

Is that what he kept tripping over when running into our players and going down looking for a freekick?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I tell you what, a mate said their goal was offside and I didn't take much notice. After watching that, I reckon he was right!

I agree, looked off but that's just us being aggressive & crude. We're not allowed to be nasty to Fulham. 

• Haha 1

I thought it was an enthralling game to watch.

We were at our tenacious best and it reminded me of how we were earlier in the season.

"Thuggish football?" No; that's absolute  rubbish. Once we got going (after they scored) with our high pressing game we wore them down.

You only have to look at the quality of Bobby's goal which was brilliant.

Fulham taking the lead actually changed the rest of the game as they stopped playing and sat deeper thus reducing the space in behind their defence which normally we would've looked to exploit.

Any cockney, even one with half a brain sat behind their show pony of a goalkeeper would've eventually worked that out.

Comparing us to cardiff just goes to show that the average Fulham fan hasn't a clue and expects everyone else to sit back and admire Cairney ambling around unchallenged.

Don't take my word for it just ask

Pep Guardiola when comparing us to cardiff.

Fulham were dead on their feet come the end and won't look forward to playing us again if both of us are lucky enough to reach the playoffs.

That said I thought Fulham are a really good side, who like us, want to play football and contributed to what was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I tell you what, a mate said their goal was offside and I didn't take much notice. After watching that, I reckon he was right!

I agree. about 12 / 18 inches. Another useless lino!

I didn't see the game last night but, in the games I have watched I believe there has been a major shift in our approach to the game.

Previously I always felt that we were being extremely naive and far too respecting of the rules, the opposition and the officials. This year we have become far more street wise and have decided to play our game and let the opposition worry about us instead of us bowing to them. Perhaps 'little old City' has finally grown up and decided we can hope to mix with the big boys.

4 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

...a point not lost on the man Utd fans at Anfield a few seasons back who displayed a banner reading "Sir Matt Busby, Sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankley, Bob Paisley - spot the difference..."

Five European Cup wins vs three?! By the clubs, not those managers...

Our resident Liverpool fan @Davefevs might want to add to this....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

We should only display banners when prematurely hounding out managers whilst also reminding them of their lack of height. You're not from round yer are you my babber. 

Yep I am, Bristol born and Red....and very proud of it....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Just playing mate. It's been a long week. 

No worries, Friday tomorrow - are you gonna imbibe refreshment along the lines of your forum username?!

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries, Friday tomorrow - are you gonna imbibe refreshment along the lines of your forum username?!

The weekend has started! Currently listening to a few tunes and (whisper it) beers! Enjoy your weekend!

• Thanks 1

Another foreign manager complains about playing what used to be a mans game shocker and with a goalkeeper who hit the floor like he had been shot every time an opponent got within a yard of him.

Ignore it because it's bollox, the referee wasn't very good but he was not very good to both sides.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Another foreign manager complains about playing what used to be a mans game shocker and with a goalkeeper who hit the floor like he had been shot every time an opponent got within a yard of him.

Ignore it because it's bollox, the referee wasn't very good but he was not very good to both sides.

There was one in the first half when the ball came into the box,he went for it and clattered in to 2 of his defenders and got a free kick for it.Agree with you on the referee though poor for both sides

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

It looks to me that Baker (6) in the middle is playing him onside when the ball is passed.

We are a really good footballing team, unfortunately, last night, as with too many occasions this season we have reverted to lumping it up, which we emphatically fail at. 

The one piece of good interplay last night resulted in the goal.

The fact we had only 1 shot on target again, just further proves that we are limited.

Keep it on the deck and don’t try and walk the ball into the net. We are better than most teams I’ve seen this season when we do that.

Edited by CTRed

58 minutes ago, PluckaDuck said:

It looks to me that Baker (6) in the middle is playing him onside when the ball is passed.

Yep, I saw a still and I think you're right now. In free play / on the recording, he looks off but when viewing a still, the officials look correct TBH. 

12 hours ago, CTRed said:

We are a really good footballing team, unfortunately, last night, as with too many occasions this season we have reverted to lumping it up, which we emphatically fail at. 

The one piece of good interplay last night resulted in the goal.

The fact we had only 1 shot on target again, just further proves that we are limited.

Keep it on the deck and don’t try and walk the ball into the net. We are better than most teams I’ve seen this season when we do that.

There were several other shots on target, that got blocked, and therefore don’t qualify in the stats.  

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There were several other shots on target, that got blocked, and therefore don’t qualify in the stats.  

Yes, I would say it was one of those freak games with the amount of times shots got blocked. The shots on goal count wasn’t representative of the pressure we put on their goal I feel. 

• Thanks 1