IGNORED

How To Beat The Bluebirds (By An Ex Cardiff Fan)

spyintaffland

Goalkeepers:

There is a chance that our first-choice goalkeeper Neil Etheridge could be missing this game with a back problem. Therefore, you would be facing 35 year old Brian Murphy in goal for Cardiff City (no, not the guy from George & Mildred nor Last Of The Summer Wine!) He has had little first-team action and will be rusty so be sure to make him troubled – hard low/high shots into the corner at every opportunity. Have a crack from 30 yards out if necessary!

If Etheridge plays, he is a poor kicker/distributor and flaps under pressure from high shots/crosses. Pressure him at all costs and leave your main striker free to latch onto any poor passes from him.

Defenders:

Lee Peltier and Sean Morrison will be missing for this game, with the chance that under-pressure Greg Halford will be playing in defence. Halford is passionate, and will run through a brick wall for Cardiff, but he can be hot-headed and commit rash fouls (two-legged/off the floor). Your strikers must exploit this to gain an advantage – once down to 10 men they will start to get nervous.

Set your wide men to always attack the flanks – whip crosses in at speed and unsettle Cardiff's defence. Unsettle them and drain their confidence and optimism, even if you go 1-0 or 2-0 down once Cardiff's heads drop they will be easier to pick off and you can claw it back to 1-1, 2-2 before going for a winner.

Overall:

Cardiff are a confidence team, sap that from them and they will be more prone to errors/rash tackles/poor judgment under pressure. Keep possession and look to break forward at every opportunity.

Good luck and I hope you get three points - can't stand our newer/so-called fans and the idiots on the CCMB forum.

42 minutes ago, spyintaffland said:

Goalkeepers:

There is a chance that our first-choice goalkeeper Neil Etheridge could be missing this game with a back problem. Therefore, you would be facing 35 year old Brian Murphy in goal for Cardiff City (no, not the guy from George & Mildred nor Last Of The Summer Wine!) He has had little first-team action and will be rusty so be sure to make him troubled – hard low/high shots into the corner at every opportunity. Have a crack from 30 yards out if necessary!

If Etheridge plays, he is a poor kicker/distributor and flaps under pressure from high shots/crosses. Pressure him at all costs and leave your main striker free to latch onto any poor passes from him.

Defenders:

Lee Peltier and Sean Morrison will be missing for this game, with the chance that under-pressure Greg Halford will be playing in defence. Halford is passionate, and will run through a brick wall for Cardiff, but he can be hot-headed and commit rash fouls (two-legged/off the floor). Your strikers must exploit this to gain an advantage – once down to 10 men they will start to get nervous.

Set your wide men to always attack the flanks – whip crosses in at speed and unsettle Cardiff's defence. Unsettle them and drain their confidence and optimism, even if you go 1-0 or 2-0 down once Cardiff's heads drop they will be easier to pick off and you can claw it back to 1-1, 2-2 before going for a winner.

Overall:

Cardiff are a confidence team, sap that from them and they will be more prone to errors/rash tackles/poor judgment under pressure. Keep possession and look to break forward at every opportunity.

Good luck and I hope you get three points - can't stand our newer/so-called fans and the idiots on the CCMB forum.

We was after Murphy back in 07

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Odd thread by the ex Cardiff Fan... not exclusively so though.

I was one blown away by similar advice from a onetime Ipswich Town supporter ....

He turned out to be an Ex Tractor Fan. 

Boom boom.. :) 

Surely you were sucked in, rather than blown away?

1 hour ago, spyintaffland said:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Overall:

if you are labelling yourself as an ex fan why say OUR goalkeeper, sounds like in your heart your still a bluebird,  just saying.

44 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thanks for the report but despite you being a sheep shagger you shouldn"t just stop supporting your club because a new generation of fans have come through. 

Former supporters of one club warrant a specific term ...

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/expirate

expirate

[eks´pĭ-rāt]

exhaled air or gas.
single expirate the gas exhaled at a single breath.

Interesting content, but why would a fan turn on his own club and want them to be beaten - especially when in second place?

as a football fan that feels like treason - even if against a local rival   

I remember feeling sad when the Bolton fans hurled abuse at their players and one threw his Bolton shirt at them as they walked off after our 6-0 win - and that was temporary  

8 hours ago, spyintaffland said:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Overall:

Look Colin we know you have a thing for us but this is just plain embarrassing.

If you've had enough of Cardiff just resign , do the honourable thing .

As an ex city fan, in return I would like to share tactics on how Cardiff can beat Bristol City.

1) Flint is rubbish in the air. For every attack make sure you loft in high crosses.

2) our midfield and attack are incredibly slow and can't string any passes together. Your last man should have no worries if they give the ball away.

3) Magnússon throw-ins are always to a player 3 yards in front of him. You need to bring all your defenders short to win the ball.

Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

WTF is an Ex fan? 

Not a Cardiff lover to say the least, but an ex fan of any team is just wrong.

A fair number of Cardiff fans did to varying degrees walk away over the whole red fiasco and they way they sold their souls to get to the prem, some have returned but many have not, so that is what I would assume has caused this chap to be an "ex" Cardiff fan.

6 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

A fair number of Cardiff fans did to varying degrees walk away over the whole red fiasco and they way they sold their souls to get to the prem, some have returned but many have not, so that is what I would assume has caused this chap to be an "ex" Cardiff fan.

Takes some doing that, if that is the case. Owners come and go, so i assume this ex-Cardiff lot would be back if the current regime were to bugger off.

To the genuine protesters then ..  :clap:fair play indeed

13 hours ago, spyintaffland said:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Overall:

Aw c'mon Colin, you're playing mind games with us again.

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

To be honest if the same happened with City I don’t think I could get on board. Hard to imagine supporting a team passionately  for years then having the clubs entire identity torn away from you. 

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thanks for the report but despite you being a sheep shagger you shouldn"t just stop supporting your club because a new generation of fans have come through. 

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

WTF is an Ex fan? 

Not a Cardiff lover to say the least, but an ex fan of any team is just wrong.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

What's wrong with being an ex fan? If he doesn't like Cardiff anymore, he doesn't like them.

I think this is the first time I have ever heard of the 'ex fan' phenomenon. I think it is such a rare breed it is probably one of those once in a lifetime occurances. So rarified in fact i can almost smell gas.

Archived