Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

mozo

Cardiff - would you take a draw now?

Leaves us top 6 with our tough run of games out the way and unbeaten run continues, but is this too pessimistic?

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Leaves us top 6 with our tough run of games out the way and unbeaten run continues, but is this too pessimistic?

We are a better side than Cardiff so no,as for tough run of games apart from Fulham everybody beats Sunderland 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

A draw won't cut it if we want a top six place. Having said that I'll take it if we're losing with 10 minutes left.

Umm it would see us remain 6th, so I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are a better side than Cardiff so no,as for tough run of games apart from Fulham everybody beats Sunderland 

But Cardiff are the form team in the Championship and we aren't on a roll.

Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff are three tough games, hence I said tough run.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

But Cardiff are the form team in the Championship and we aren't on a roll.

Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff are three tough games, hence I said tough run.

Form is temporary.

We can beat Cardiff, proof being earlier this season.

• Like 1

If we did win tomorrow that would be 5 points from a possible 9 from Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff - despite the circumstances of the Leeds result that would be a very good points total considering.

• Like 6

Draw would be a good result but need to start picking up wins and pretty soon if we want to stay in play offs, dropping those points against Sunderland and Leeds has took any breathing space we had away

Draw away at the team in great form and in second place would be an excellent result.

Lets see how the game goes, but should not be hanging our Sunderland/Norwich/Bolton run around our necks on this game in isolation.

• Like 1

Go for the jugular. 

Still a long way to go yet - a quarter of the season. Win there and I still think if we can go on a run second isn't out of the question. 

Still got a horrible feeling we'll meet them in the play offs and with Colin avenging the loss he suffered in that play off semi with Palace though. 

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

Auto ain't gonna happen so yes. 

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we did win tomorrow that would be 5 points from a possible 9 from Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff - despite the circumstances of the Leeds result that would be a very good points total considering.

Playing devils advocate if we lose it would be 2 from 9 which isn’t good 

51 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You can’t say we are a better side than Cardiff, they are 10 points ahead of us.  You can say we are a better footballing side, or a better team to watch, etc.

• Like 2

We need to NOT LOSE to those around us and beat everyone else, there will be shock results and I'm hoping that they don't include us. Our run of games after this and preston is looking nice in comparison to the last 6/7. 

26 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Draw away at the team in great form and in second place would be an excellent result.

Lets see how the game goes, but should not be hanging our Sunderland/Norwich/Bolton run around our necks on this game in isolation.

Beating Cardiff tomorrow would certainly heal the wounds of the Bolton, Sunderland and Leeds games.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can’t say we are a better side than Cardiff, they are 10 points ahead of us.  You can say we are a better footballing side, or a better team to watch, etc.

Or have a better manager etc oh no scrap that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Never saw that set of results coming and so it's vital that we make the most of tomorrow's opportunity!

Hope the boys are right up for tomorrow now......they ought to be now

Agree with this. A great opportunity has been put our way with the weekend`s results up to now so let`s grab it.

If we get a win would be back with a chance of the top 2. I have a feeling we're just about to start another good run just as the others (Derby, Villa, Cardiff) are coming to the end of theirs. Cardiff have some difficult games coming up, we don't have to play the current top 6 again.

42 minutes ago, mozo said:

Beating Cardiff tomorrow would certainly heal the wounds of the Bolton, Sunderland and Leeds games.

No it wouldn't, that was 7 points blown, tomorrow can only brings us 3 pts - as much as it would be doubly super sweet against Cardiff & Warnock !!

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are a better side than Cardiff..can I just ask how you work that out given they are 9 points ahead of us?

33 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

We are a better side than Cardiff..can I just ask how you work that out given they are 9 points ahead of us?

Because they have a manager who knows how to win,man for man apart from a couple we are a better side,unless you would rather have Cardiff’s squad then fair enough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because they have a manager who knows how to win,man for man apart from a couple we are a better side,unless you would rather have Cardiff’s squad then fair enough 

Yeah I know what you were saying, theoretically if both had fully fit squads and played each other 100x I think we’d win more games.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because they have a manager who knows how to win,man for man apart from a couple we are a better side

Ok so their manager is better then meaning collectively they are a better side...I would suggest they are a better side. They have also scored 1 more goal than us and conceded 12 less... so the entertainment myth with warnock sides are just that