IGNORED

The Cardiff City FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 34

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If Reid has a free role that leaves Korey on his own to hold midfield. I know he's good but that's a tall order!

Reid will still be getting in there pressuring and getting his foot in. He does that in midfield when he's played as a striker!

Also, that line up has to be a 4-1-3-2 right?

Korey being the 1, Brownhill, Bobby and Bryan as the three behind Diony and Diedhiou?

If it's 3 at the back I'd be very worried about us as Cardiff love their 4-3-3 and they can really cause problems in one vs one player situations.

21 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Bryan left midfield hopefully. Where he should be. Maybe that very rare thing for us  today .. a left footed goal.

Umm? Wednesday? Last Sunday? Saturday before that? 

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If Reid has a free role that leaves Korey on his own to hold midfield. I know he's good but that's a tall order!

Brownhill and Bryan both capable of coming inside.

He's got all his biggest lads out so we know what to expect, not a surprise as we picked a similar side in the home match (Djuric started I think) and that worked. We've learnes that playing our normal tippy/tappy stuff doesn't work in these games. Midfield won't matter so much as the ball's going to be in the air over the halfway line in both directions. I hope Diony knows what to expect and doesn't get sent off after being kicked.

Not the team I expected but I remember Reid being outstanding in a 2-Man midfield at Fulham last season. He also dropped deeper at the end of Leeds and was winning a lot of balls in midfield. Weirdly I reckon, in the absence of Pack, this is a defensive move as much as it is an attacking one. We’ll have two midfielders with energy and - not a word I would have used for Reid last season - physicality who can put themselves about. Probably a good move against Cardiff - this isn’t going to be a pretty game...

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it will be either:

Fielding

Wright flint Baker mags 

Smith 

Brownhill  Reid

Diony.                 Bryan

Diedhiou

Or

Fielding 

Wright .  flint  Baker 

Brownhill.                      Magnússon

Smith

Brownhill.  Reid

Diony.       Diedhiou

I prefer the 1st one 

I really hope it's not the latter one, Cardiff use a front 3, don't fancy a 3 on 3 situations even with Korey dropping back as Brownhill is not great at defending in a full back position. Maggy is already not good enough at LB in my personal opinion but he seems to be the only option we have.

Archived