IGNORED

LJ - You need to be careful

Londoner

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What's the point in you?

But he has got a point.

Surely even you must be perplexed at Engvalls lack of playing time for us since he signed (taking out his loan in Sweden).

And Johnson still hasn't given any valid reasons why.

Diony.......well, what was the point.

Elliason and Walsh......of course, they are for the future.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Brainwashed?  What does that mean?  

For those of us can see how much the team has progressed are "brainwashed?"

For me the arrogance shown by some on this forum, especially to Cardiff and "their style of football"...would have anyone believe we are playing this ground breaking, modern, Barcelona-esque style football. Were not and havent been looked very good for some time now

Just like his selections v Bolton and Sunderland, his selection and tactics today were poor.

What has disappointed me most is how he tried to "play the game" with Warnock this week. His comments about Cardiffs empty seats and atmosphere is almost as cringe as the comments he made after Villa dicked us. Made himself look a prized dick head

The most concerning thing for me though is how prone he is to going on these terrible runs. Its a regular thing for him and for me, its a result of someone who does not learn from his mistakes

I look forward to hearing all the usual sound bites after the game. 

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

"Brainwashed" - new term for " Happy clappers"?

There seem to be. one or two "happy clappers" come on here occaisionly forecasting our demise.

I’m not ‘brainwashed’ or a ‘happy clapper’, but I can see that we have made more progress as a club than anyone would have thought possible this time last year, both on and off the pitch. 

Am I frustrated with results in the last 12 games? Yes. Are the late goals we’re conceding a concern? Of course. But the indisputable fact is that we’re clear in 6th place with a great chance of making the play offs. 

Now is the time for us as a fan base to get behind the team and see where we end up. Johnson has always been a streaky manager and this time last season he guided us a great run of form to save our arses that literally no one saw coming. A very similar run, from a much higher base with a better squad, this time around would see us make the play offs. For Christ’s sake let’s do our bit to try and make it happen. 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

You won' get the same amount of time if you go on one of your traditional bad runs.

Only so many times fans can accept inept lineups and poor use of subs....top managers are proactive not reactive.

Top managers have clear footballing philosophies- i thought we were starting to see you develop one....last 2 months you have neglected it and changed it....and we are suffering.

Pressure is on again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! Last year we stayed up by like 2 points

Now were in play offs by 2 points.

And fans are telling him to be careful !! I'm genuinely in tears. That's funny as ****

You won' get the same amount of time if you go on one of your traditional bad runs.

Only so many times fans can accept inept lineups and poor use of subs....top managers are proactive not reactive.

Top managers have clear footballing philosophies- i thought we were starting to see you develop one....last 2 months you have neglected it and changed it....and we are suffering.

Pressure is on again.

Well here we go again!! I called it right, no comment from you on Wednesday, just negative again today.

You make my piss boil with your anti city posts at every opportunity. No positive posts, oh no, no balanced view, oh no, support? LMFAO. 

Negative, negative, negative, blah, blah, blah, crap.

Why don't you just shut the **** up, but before you do, could you please tell me which football team you support, cos it isn't Bristol City.

Pressure is on again.

Safe from relegation, sat in a play-off place and above teams such as Boro, Leeds, Sunderland, Hull etc

Our best season for many years, including a fantastic cup run and you reckon the pressure is on for LJ?

Rubbish !

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Safe from relegation, sat in a play-off place and above teams such as Boro, Leeds, Sunderland, Hull etc

Our best season for many years, including a fantastic cup run and you reckon the pressure is on for LJ?

Rubbish !

No, he WANTS LJ to be under pressure.

31 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

Too right just seems like an opportunity wasted his January dealings have had no impact

I think the club thought the long-term injuries would be back sooner than has proved. that said, a bit of GON steel might've done us better than Walsh today. Did he play the ball once?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Can you imagine watching that football every week?

id rather take sand paper to my eyes. 

You mean the football you tried to play today?

All I saw was a side that outplayed you all over the park. Far more fight, and pressed you high up the pitch.

So what “football” are you talking about?.. 

You haven’t won a game in god knows how long, and all you have is slating other teams styles. Idiotic.

49 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I never really get the ' oh we are doing better than we thought we would so it doesn't matter'.

We have shown we can compete at this level but the fact we failed to strengthen in January AGAIN and Johnson's tendency to go on bad runs is going to cost us. We finish tenth, and I'll be pissed off. We were second in December for ***** sake.

But to take a team that was consistently poor last season, to a team that has been consistently better is progression!

To go from last season to expecting us to be in amongst the promotion spots with largely the same squad, which consists of a fair few League One players is progression, we didn’t suddenly ditch all of these League One players & replace them with £4m - £5m - £6m signings, we added a couple of extra players in to this largely League One based squad & we are competing for the large part.

Other clubs in this division have been consistently spending large sums & wages for years & doing a lot worse than what we are.

Out of the teams in the top 6, we’ve probably spent the least & have the lowest wage budget. Out of teams in the top 10, we probably have a bigger budget than Brentford & Preston.

We aren’t putting all our eggs in one basket to get promotion as a now or never situation because we know we aren’t strong enough to compete consistently if promotion was obtained & it would cost us a huge amount to realistically even attempt that. We are trying to build a sustainable way of going about it.

When you add to that the size & strength of our overall squad, we are doing very well this season & especially when you take into consideration the amount of long term injuries we have had to crucial players that would of enabled us to rest & rotate players throughout the season instead of having to flog some of the players until they are dead on their feet.

We have now played the top 5 twice this season, in theory & on paper, we should have an easier run-in than most & with Pack available again, O’Neil back in the squad for the first time in 6 months, Pisano, O’Dowda & Djuric hopefully not far away either, our squad will be the strongest it’s been for the run-in yet this weak squad has got us in 6th place & has had us in the top 6 places for the vast majority of this season!

It is impossible to please everyone. Cardiff are sat comfortably in 2nd, yet they can only attract 21,000 to a local derby, that would suggest to me that despite getting results, not everyone is happy about the way they are getting them. 

Now I only listened to the game today but the commentators didn’t have one good thing to say about Cardiff, their style of play, their performance or their supporters & it sounded like both were grateful for the fact that they only had to commentate there once a season & this is from people who get paid to attend games not that have to pay to watch such entertainment!

I’m really not sure what some people expect, we are building & progressing for a better future for Bristol City, there are a fair few clubs in the championship alone that wish their club was in our position right now.

2 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

All I saw was a side that outplayed you all over the park. Far more fight, and pressed you high up the pitch.

You haven’t won a game in god knows how long, and all you have is slating other teams styles. Idiotic.

Hahahaha

Are you serious? Both teams were utterly dreadful today. Stop making out you played well 

We wont go up this season. No way. But neither will you...trust me

2 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Everyone slates your "style" - consisting as it does in countless dives, timewasting and sly off-the-ball fouls.

You were the better team today and - particularly in the first half - we couldn't cope with the Warnockian cheating. The game was dire, although it picked up a bit on the hour mark  when both teams started to try to play and we had a more sane formation.

Having said you were the better (though massively unsporting) team, if you can only put one goal past us when we play like that then I doubt you'll stay second. Villa or Fulham will catch you.

Anyway, haven't you sheep to molest? Off you toddle....

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hahahaha

Are you serious? Both teams were utterly dreadful today. Stop making out you played well 

We wont go up this season. No way. But neither will you...trust me

We weren’t dreadful at all. Could have been a bit better going forward, but we completely stopped you playing.. so much so you started launching hopeful balls for better part of 80 minutes. Your idea of “playing well” is stringing together 20-25 passes together in nice little triangles. How’s that working for you?

I’m under no illusion that we’re going up. But 13 points ahead of you sounds alright to me. Same as every season. Head and shoulders above Bristol.

3 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

We weren’t dreadful at all. Could have been a bit better going forward, but we completely stopped you playing.. so much so you started launching hopeful balls for better part of 80 minutes. Your idea of “playing well” is stringing together 20-25 passes together in nice little triangles. How’s that working for you?

I’m under no illusion that we’re going up. But 13 points ahead of you sounds alright to me. Same as every season. Head and shoulders above Bristol.

Our idea of playing well? No one has said we played well. We were awful. And if that was what you classed as playing well....christ. 

As for 13 points....meh. See you next season 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Everyone slates your "style" - consisting as it does in countless dives, timewasting and sly off-the-ball fouls.

You were the better team today and - particularly in the first half - we couldn't cope with the Warnockian cheating. The game was dire, although it picked up a bit on the hour mark  when both teams started to try to play and we had a more sane formation.

Having said you were the better (though massively unsporting) team, if you can only put one goal past us when we play like that then I doubt you'll stay second. Villa or Fulham will catch you.

Funny that. Every Bristol fan before the game: “When we beat them it’ll be great to see Warnock complaining about our tactics, or the ref”.. funny that, because that’s all I’ve seen from your lot.

They probably will catch us, and if we finish 3rd, you’ll wanna pray you don’t sneak in to 6th. Because Warnock’s got the beating of that little midget pr*ck manager of yours every day of the week.

17 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Mate. You play diabolical football. Yeh you won, congratulations, but don’t act like you play amazing football, because it’s absolutely shit. 

Youre nowhere near as good as Villa. 

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Havent you got cows to **** on the farm, you wurzel****?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Mate. You play diabolical football. Yeh you won, congratulations, but don’t act like you play amazing football, because it’s absolutely shit. 

Youre nowhere near as good as Villa. 

And where in my post did I say we play amazing or even good Football?

Unbeaten since the New Year (8 games), 4 wins on the bounce without conceding a goal.

Lets all play like Bristol.

Archived