IGNORED

Nottingham Forest - Encouraging young fans to football

Eddie Notgetinya

59 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

But don't you get a free shirt too?

As father to 3 kids who have season tickets, one if whom has a disability, I have no complaints about our pricing policy.  

Absolutely, I don't think the club have had anywhere near enough the credit they should for their kids pricing in recent years.

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Absolutely, I don't think the club have had anywhere near enough the credit they should for their kids pricing in recent years.

I agree. But this is alright at the time, but give it a couple of years and the prices go up and the ‘free’ gifts vanish, right when they are hooked if you read comments on the ST thread.

I would like a much fairer spread of prices, £100 a child over 7 years old, half price shirt. The next increase at say 12 years old, £150 a ticket, 50% shirts. At 16 you pay £200. At 18 you pay £250. Final rise is £350 a ticket at 21 years plus. An OAP would pay £250. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I agree. But this is alright at the time, but give it a couple of years and the prices go up and the ‘free’ gifts vanish, right when they are hooked if you read comments on the ST thread.

I would like a much fairer spread of prices, £100 a child over 7 years old, half price shirt. The next increase at say 12 years old, £150 a ticket, 50% shirts. At 16 you pay £200. At 18 you pay £250. Final rise is £350 a ticket at 21 years plus. An OAP would pay £250. 

It’s a tough decision getting pricing correct, but there is a danger that if you price too cheaply, and then ramp up as they grow up, it then becomes too dear....and you lose those fans.

Our season ticket announcement (unless they have made a mistake in not showing childrens prices in the Lansdown and Dolman) has just gone in totally the opposite direction to Forest's forward thinking scheme.  Unless there's a change there will definitely be less children at the ground as a lot of people with kids don't want to sit in the areas they are effectively being forced to by the new pricing.  After a great policy for a few years they've really messed this up, which is a shame.  So strange to force all children into two areas, forgetting that those children have parents who may not want to go to those areas.  Increase by 50%, or even double it, but not the 300-600% increases people are facing.  The price of one good season and a cup run hey. 

20 hours ago, RedM said:

At the risk of upsetting the majority of people reading OTIB right now, the majority of OAP's are significantly better off than people with 2 kids whether their kids are are 18 or 12.

Don't forget the parents are also mostly paying the full adult price to attend with their children, so as a household, it would be crippling vs the current cost.

Archived