IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I think Minority is unfair. I expect little more than 10-12k today 

I expect a lot more.  Trouble is, we won't know as physical attendance isn't published.

I have just been for a drive from Long Ashton to BS3, no snow apart from some slushy stuff getting out of my road which wasn't a problem.. No ice, no snow on main roads, I do not understand the police 'don't drive unless necessary' warning.

It may be bad where you are, but in and around Bristol it seems fine.  

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I expect a lot more.  Trouble is, we won't know as physical attendance isn't published.

I have just been for a drive from Long Ashton to BS3, no snow apart from some slushy stuff getting out of my road which wasn't a problem.. No ice, no snow on main roads, I do not understand the police 'don't drive unless necessary' warning.

It may be bad where you are, but in and around Bristol it seems fine.  

I knew I should have stayed in town, not bought a pair of brown brogues and a country pile!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hearing of Wednesday fans at Sheffield train station this morning being told by police not to travel down by car/bus after all trains to Bristol cancelled. Gotta feel for them!

Agreed. 

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Coppers didn’t take their own advice not to travel then ;) 

F6BD0FA0-EA40-4D65-B142-C45CADFC5DAF.jpeg

Have we had trouble with Wednesday before? That seems an awful lot of police for an average attendance (where less will be expected).

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Have we had trouble with Wednesday before? That seems an awful lot of police for an average attendance (where less will be expected).

You're forgetting. We pay them to be there. They ain't gonna give up that revenue. 

53 minutes ago, pillred said:

I parked in there every home game for 25 years until last season for free, had no idea bs had anything to do with my old school, money grabbing b^&*%^&ds.

yeah I think it was last season they started charging and its well over £150. Why did you stop last season then ?

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

It makes me laugh how much panic there's been with i bit of snow... I know yesterday was the thickest we'v seen in BS3 for 10 years or more but still today it's pretty pethetic... I'v seen more white stuff on a good night out!

BS3 wasn’t anywhere near as bad as further out parts of BS region and that’s the point I guess.  A lot of people probably haven’t seen how bad it is further out 

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

That was certainly the result of the court case when Leeds took the police to court.

I assume it is now standard across all forces.

But police still dictate how many officers are required inside the stadium.

9 minutes ago, Judda said:

It makes me laugh how much panic there's been with i bit of snow... I know yesterday was the thickest we'v seen in BS3 for 10 years or more but still today it's pretty pethetic... I'v seen more white stuff on a good night out!

It makes me laugh how some don’t realise what it s like in areas other than their own!

I can’t even get off my drive with 2 foot of snow in parts. Despite living on what is normally a busy road, only 4x4s and emergency vehicles are using it.

last night I received a message that Ashton Park School wasn’t available due to the weather, that’s despite my paying £160 for an annual parking season ticket.

No way will I even attempt to get to the ground, I wonder whether the club has decided that with Sheff Wed playing midweek they might have less energy, plus they aren’t on form (....same as us then).

Its a shame to not to be able to sit in my usual seat.... but if we win then I won’t be so upset. I do feel that if the club felt that there was an advantage in calling the game off, that would have happened. Presumably they feel we can maximise the chances of those points..... a case of small margins and all that

Enjoy the match those who are going.... but please, pretty please City, I want 3 points today.

COYR !

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

It makes me laugh how some don’t realise what it s like in areas other than their own!

Flip side to that, those where its bad may not realise its that much better in around the stadium and on main roads. Seen a lot of people complaining online (facebook, twitter etc) about the game being on just because its bad where they are.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

With the greatest of respects PB, the vast majority of attendees are going to be coming from within a reasonable distance of the stadium and surely those have to be the primary consideration.  

I’m 10 miles from BS3 and here the sun is out, roads completely clear, very wet and no ice to be found. Buses running well. Are conditions 50 miles from the stadium a valid reason to call the game off? 

Archived