IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

16 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I can’t even get off my drive with 2 foot of snow in parts. Despite living on what is normally a busy road, only 4x4s and emergency vehicles are using it.

last night I received a message that Ashton Park School wasn’t available due to the weather, that’s despite my paying £160 for an annual parking season ticket.

No way will I even attempt to get to the ground, I wonder whether the club has decided that with Sheff Wed playing midweek they might have less energy, plus they aren’t on form (....same as us then).

Its a shame to not to be able to sit in my usual seat.... but if we win then I won’t be so upset. I do feel that if the club felt that there was an advantage in calling the game off, that would have happened. Presumably they feel we can maximise the chances of those points..... a case of small margins and all that

Enjoy the match those who are going.... but please, pretty please City, I want 3 points today.

COYR !

A red, red robin just came bob, bob, bobbin along to my bird table. That's gotta be a good omen!

8 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I can’t even get off my drive with 2 foot of snow in parts. Despite living on what is normally a busy road, only 4x4s and emergency vehicles are using it.

last night I received a message that Ashton Park School wasn’t available due to the weather, that’s despite my paying £160 for an annual parking season ticket.

No way will I even attempt to get to the ground, I wonder whether the club has decided that with Sheff Wed playing midweek they might have less energy, plus they aren’t on form (....same as us then).

Its a shame to not to be able to sit in my usual seat.... but if we win then I won’t be so upset. I do feel that if the club felt that there was an advantage in calling the game off, that would have happened. Presumably they feel we can maximise the chances of those points..... a case of small margins and all that

Enjoy the match those who are going.... but please, pretty please City, I want 3 points today.

COYR !

Don't forget we have numerous injuries as well ... Diedhiou, Baker, Pisano, Taylor, O'Dowda, Djuric, Hegeler and you could argue we would also be far stronger if the game was rearranged.

While sympathising with you personally Nick, and any other City fan in your position, there is simply no good reason to call the game off.

The pitch is fine, the stadium is safe, the surrounding roads and pavements are safe, and the snow here is increasingly thawing.

BCFC presumably invested alot of money into undersoil heating with the express purpose of getting games played when we have the weather conditions  experienced in Bristol this week; to attempt to postpone the game because travel was difficult for some fans living away from the area where conditions are worse would have made  a mockery of that expenditure.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

C3C6A9C3-26C4-461E-9A89-5CFCBB760D0C.png

Sorry I didnt explain myself

I meant that when City first announced yesterday the game was on... they said the police had advised it was safe to do so

Now either the police have contradicted themselves or the club are not being completely trasparent

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Just cleared drive did half a mile, massive drift, reverse, reverse, reverse.....

if I was in Canada I’d have a V8 4x4, snow chains, Skiddo, snow plough and snow shoes....can’t justify the expense of this investment in rural Somerset ! Not sure gurt big North American truck would get down lanes anyhow!

so it’s le Radio de Bristol pour moi! As they don’t say in Quabec !

That's ' Quebec ' .

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If that freezes then it'll be a death trap.

It's not cold enough for it to freeze so I cannot see that being an issue whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

What free tea? 

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Fans are advised to allow extra time for travel to and from the stadium, and to wrap up warm with temperatures set to be just above freezing.

Under the special circumstances, Ashton Gate will be offering free tea/coffee to supporters from 1pm-3pm (whilst stocks last). Please note alcohol and food supplies will be limited in the concourse concessions.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-sheffield-wednesday-with-travel-advice/

2 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Fans are advised to allow extra time for travel to and from the stadium, and to wrap up warm with temperatures set to be just above freezing.

Under the special circumstances, Ashton Gate will be offering free tea/coffee to supporters from 1pm-3pm (whilst stocks last). Please note alcohol and food supplies will be limited in the concourse concessions.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-sheffield-wednesday-with-travel-advice/

Took 20 mins from filton. Easy. Anyone moaning it should be off is a clown 

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

With the greatest of respects PB, the vast majority of attendees are going to be coming from within a reasonable distance of the stadium and surely those have to be the primary consideration.  

I’m 10 miles from BS3 and here the sun is out, roads completely clear, very wet and no ice to be found. Buses running well. Are conditions 50 miles from the stadium a valid reason to call the game off? 

My reply was to someone who clearly hasn’t thought about anyone else.

Ive made no mention of BS3, or the area you live in.

Ive no problem with anyone who can get to the game, why should I have?. All I’m saying is that some of us can’t get off of our driveways.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

My reply was to someone who clearly hasn’t thought about anyone else.

Ive made no mention of BS3, or the area you live in.

Ive no problem with anyone who can get to the game, why should I have?. All I’m saying is that some of us can’t get off of our driveways.

cant you get a bus from bridgy PB?

Archived