IGNORED

Sheff Weds struggling.

Ashtonwurzel

Could be good news for Saturday. Not only do they have an away game versus Swansea tonight but have a terrible injury crisis.

Jos Luhukay is still contending with an extensive injury list with midfielder Ross Wallace (knee), the latest casualty, waiting to learn whether he requires surgery.

Cameron Dawson is expected to start in place of Joe Wildsmith in goal, while Barry Bannan, Tom Lees, Keiren Westwood, Joost van Aken, Kieran Lee, Sam Hutchinson, Marco Matias, Jordan Thorniley, Gary Hooper, Fernando Forestieri and Steven Fletcher all still out.

37 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Could be good news for Saturday. Not only do they have an away game versus Swansea tonight but have a terrible injury crisis.

Jos Luhukay is still contending with an extensive injury list with midfielder Ross Wallace (knee), the latest casualty, waiting to learn whether he requires surgery.

Cameron Dawson is expected to start in place of Joe Wildsmith in goal, while Barry Bannan, Tom Lees, Keiren Westwood, Joost van Aken, Kieran Lee, Sam Hutchinson, Marco Matias, Jordan Thorniley, Gary Hooper, Fernando Forestieri and Steven Fletcher all still out.

Bit of an injury list measuring contest on saturday then!

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Depends on other results of course but we can’t continue to rely on the failings of others.

Absolutely one that we just desperately need to win to get that confidence back. 

It is amazing that we are still in the top 6 after this terrible run we have been on.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

It is amazing that we are still in the top 6 after this terrible run we have been on.

It is, but it’s the Championship all over. Very few sides get on a really good run. It’s just too competitive unless your squad is head and shoulders above, ie Newcastle, Wolves. 

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Depends on other results of course but we can’t continue to rely on the failings of others.

Absolutely one that we just desperately need to win to get that confidence back. 

I actually hope Sheffield U win tonight so we drop out of the top six. Could be just the kick up the arse we need tbh. Might focus a few minds that have drifted on the task in hand in recent weeks.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually hope Sheffield U win tonight so we drop out of the top six. Could be just the kick up the arse we need tbh. Might focus a few minds that have drifted on the task in hand in recent weeks.

Brave man! Personally I’d rather we stayed there but I know what you mean. I’d fancy us to get more out of the remaining games than SHU so I won’t panic if they win tonight - but I’d rather they lost! 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've had this thought myself to be honest, perhaps there's still a feeling of 'its alright we're still in the top 6' whereas dropping out of the play offs may snap the players back.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Friday - Boro and Leeds draw

Saturday - We win, Preston lose at Bolton, Fulham draw with Derby as do Brentford and Cardiff and to top it off "plucky" Burton shock Sheff Utd away ! (Villa win though).

All will look a lot better after that.

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Middlesboro home to Leeds Friday night so if it's not Sheff Utd tonight it'll be 'Boro that goes above us.

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It will mean nothing if we don't go back to what we were doing so well.

For me, Reid and Pato up top. No disrespect to Fammy, but since he's come back from Injury we've changed style and it's not working. 

Not for me Clive. Diedhiou and Reid all day, Fam has been excellent since he came back.

Diony should be nowhere near this first team at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not for me Clive. Diedhiou and Reid all day, Fam has been excellent since he came back.

Diony should be nowhere near this first team at the moment. 

Trying to accommodate Kent has not helped either. With him in the team we are "softer" without the ball and not as dangerous with it. JB left midfield all day for me. 

Really hope the rumoured fine if he he doesn't play scenario is not affecting team selection.

Archived