IGNORED

Sheff Weds struggling.

Ashtonwurzel

I think what we did before Christmas is the ideal Plan A.

However, could it be possible for, let's say something like?

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

Brownhill Pack Smith Bryan

Paterson

Reid Diedhiou

Guys like Walsh, Kent, Magnússon can all come in in the event of injuries/suspensions. Can play a variety of positions....this is before we even mention at all the injured or returning to fitness first team (Pisano, O'Dowda) and first reserve (Djuric) and useful squad (Hegeler, O'Neil and even on occasion Taylor) players.

Diony...he looked a positive prospect on paper, based on his record at Dijon, but his confidence seems shot. Could easily take him some time to get up tp speed...to be happy again,  A luxury we absolutely do not have. Could even be a wasted signing.

Edit: Baker is injured isn't he? Mags in as part of a 3...could be a useful Plan B, short-term fix sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Trying to accommodate Kent has not helped either. With him in the team we are "softer" without the ball and not as dangerous with it. JB left midfield all day for me. 

I like Kent. Compare the performance on Sunday when we had no pace or energy in the final third to Wednesday v Fulham where in the second half, constant pressing from the front barely let Fulham get out.

I honestly think if we’d have gone unchanged form Fulham we’d have come away with a result on Sunday. Kent/Pato/Reid would have caused all sorts of problems amongst their back 4, had we got the ball down and played.

Bryan at LB and Kent in, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

Paterson

Reid Diedhiou

Guys like Walsh, Kent, Magnússon can all come in in the event of injuries/suspensions. Can play a variety of positions....this is to say nothing at all of all the injured or returning to fitness first team (Pisano, O'Dowda) and first reserve (Djuric) and useful squad (Hegeler, O'Neil and even on occasion Taylor).

Diony...he looked a positive prospect on paper, based on his Dijon abilities but his confidence seems shot. Could easily take him some time to get up tp speed...to be happy again,  A luxury we absolutely do not have. Could even be a wasted signing.

I like this formation but would have Maggs at LCH (assuming Baker is out) and possibly give Engvall a start if Diedhiou is out.

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Could be good news for Saturday. Not only do they have an away game versus Swansea tonight but have a terrible injury crisis.

Jos Luhukay is still contending with an extensive injury list with midfielder Ross Wallace (knee), the latest casualty, waiting to learn whether he requires surgery.

Cameron Dawson is expected to start in place of Joe Wildsmith in goal, while Barry Bannan, Tom Lees, Keiren Westwood, Joost van Aken, Kieran Lee, Sam Hutchinson, Marco Matias, Jordan Thorniley, Gary Hooper, Fernando Forestieri and Steven Fletcher all still out.

game will be off anyway.......

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I like this formation but would have Maggs at LCH (assuming Baker is out) and possibly give Engvall a start if Diedhiou is out.

Just highlights how ****** we have been by injuries since about late October...I am quite convinced that with a pretty settled side we'd have been right up there in and around 2nd. Maybe a few points off, but not 13...

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually hope Sheffield U win tonight so we drop out of the top six. Could be just the kick up the arse we need tbh. Might focus a few minds that have drifted on the task in hand in recent weeks.

I said this on Saturday (despite then giving out a loud cheer when Sunderland equalised!)

Dropping out of the top 6 could give us a psychological spur and it’s commonly acknowledged that it’s easier mentally to chase, thanbe chased. 

It doesn’t matter how far down we drop in March. It’s where we are on 7th May that matters.

We could lose our next 3 games and still win promotion! As our good and bad runs have illustrated perfectly, it’s a marathon, not a sprint and there are an awful lot of points still to play for. 

In fact, IF we do make the play offs, we should be doing so in pretty decent form, which is always the best way, rather than slipping down from 2nd in the closing stages of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I said this on Saturday (despite then giving out a loud cheer when Sunderland equalised!)

Dropping out of the top 6 could give us a psychological spur and it’s commonly acknowledged that it’s easier mentally to chase, thanbe chased. 

It doesn’t matter how far down we drop in March. It’s where we are on 7th May that matters.

We could lose our next 3 games and still win promotion! As our good and bad runs have illustrated perfectly, it’s a marathon, not a sprint and there are an awful lot of points still to play for. 

In fact, IF we do make the play offs, we should be doing so in pretty decent form, which is always the best way, rather than slipping down from 2nd in the closing stages of the season. 

Good points.

16 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I've never known an injury crisis like it, this isn't new either , things have been this bad for a couple of months now. Plenty others have recently returned from injury also. It's ruined our season that had struggled to get going anyway. 

Will be the 3rd choice side playing against Swansea tonight. 

No disrespect lad but if we don't beat you with that injury list I'll fling myself off the suspension bridge.

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

No disrespect lad but if we don't beat you with that injury list I'll fling myself off the suspension bridge.

You should, although we have a habit of grinding out draws in these difficult games, we've only beaten Forest in the bottom half, but won at Villa and Fulham, drew twice with Cardiff, got a point at the pigs. 

With the form you are also on I can see another draw on Saturday. 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

Paterson

Reid Diedhiou

Guys like Walsh, Kent, Magnússon can all come in in the event of injuries/suspensions. Can play a variety of positions....this is before we even mention at all the injured or returning to fitness first team (Pisano, O'Dowda) and first reserve (Djuric) and useful squad (Hegeler, O'Neil and even on occasion Taylor) players.

Diony...he looked a positive prospect on paper, based on his record at Dijon, but his confidence seems shot. Could easily take him some time to get up tp speed...to be happy again,  A luxury we absolutely do not have. Could even be a wasted signing.

Edit: Baker is injured isn't he? Mags in as part of a 3...could be a useful Plan B, short-term fix sort of thing.

Totally. Why we aren't going 3.5.2 is beyond me. 

I know people are saying we are lumping it long all the time to Diedhiou since he’s been back. And saying we ought to get back to how we played before Christmas etc. 

Have people forgot that Djuric only went in for his op just before the Manure game so we’ve been playing with a target man barring the games between Djuric went for his op and Fammy returning about 4 weeks. We also used Flint up front in the last minutes or like against Wolves from half time. 

9 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Could be good news for Saturday. Not only do they have an away game versus Swansea tonight but have a terrible injury crisis.

Jos Luhukay is still contending with an extensive injury list with midfielder Ross Wallace (knee), the latest casualty, waiting to learn whether he requires surgery.

Cameron Dawson is expected to start in place of Joe Wildsmith in goal, while Barry Bannan, Tom Lees, Keiren Westwood, Joost van Aken, Kieran Lee, Sam Hutchinson, Marco Matias, Jordan Thorniley, Gary Hooper, Fernando Forestieri and Steven Fletcher all still out.

Now watch them thrash Swansea.

Just as a by the by but who said "lets kick-off at 8:05pm ?" .............. what a bizarre time.  Surely 8:03pm makes much more sense.

12 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

You lot must be terrified after watching this tonight.

Two poor teams who look devoid of confidence. We blow hot and cold and if it's "cold" on Saturday, then the entertainment on show could be as bad as the weather this week.

By the way, "Owl", the sea froze at Weston-Super-Mare and Burnham-On-Sea yesterday morning and lots of snow forecast for Thursday and Friday. Hope the undersoil heating is working.

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Two poor teams who look devoid of confidence. We blow hot and cold and if it's "cold" on Saturday, then the entertainment on show could be as bad as the weather this week.

By the way, "Owl", the sea froze at Weston-Super-Mare and Burnham-On-Sea yesterday morning and lots of snow forecast for Thursday and Friday. Hope the undersoil heating is working.

Hope so.

We've got plenty up here already. Going to be a long trip back from Swansea for the fans tonight. 

Archived