IGNORED

Dont give up just yet

dunsteral

Still in top 6, hanging on we may be but still there.

Diedhou and Baker possibly missing this weekend, Baker will definately be a big miss, but we managed to spend

practically half a season without Diedhou and got to 2nd spot , it is only since he came back that we have had a

bad spell (i am not saying it is his fault but we did ok without him).

WOLVES  - gone

CARDIFF - gone

VILLA - gone as far as we are concerned.

FULHAM - going well now

So we are probably fighting for 5th or 6th with Derby plus possibly Sheff Utd, Boro, PNE, and Brentford.

However ther are loads of games yet to play where the teams between 5th and 10th play each other so

points will be won and lost.

Derby in their remaining games have to play 7 games against teams in the top 10, and they like us have only

won 1 in their last nine.

Fulham have 4 games against top 10 teams so they could still drop points which would keep them in the pack

with us.

Sheffield Utd (6) Boro (5) PNE (4) and Brentford (5) all have games against other top 10 teams.

We have 4 games against top 10.

We have the answer in our own hands so it is ultimately down to us but

DONT GIVE UP YET.

10 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Still in top 6, hanging on we may be but still there.

Diedhou and Baker possibly missing this weekend, Baker will definately be a big miss, but we managed to spend

practically half a season without Diedhou and got to 2nd spot , it is only since he came back that we have had a

bad spell (i am not saying it is his fault but we did ok without him).

WOLVES  - gone

CARDIFF - gone

VILLA - gone as far as we are concerned.

FULHAM - going well now

So we are probably fighting for 5th or 6th with Derby plus possibly Sheff Utd, Boro, PNE, and Brentford.

However ther are loads of games yet to play where the teams between 5th and 10th play each other so

points will be won and lost.

Derby in their remaining games have to play 7 games against teams in the top 10, and they like us have only

won 1 in their last nine.

Fulham have 4 games against top 10 teams so they could still drop points which would keep them in the pack

with us.

Sheffield Utd (6) Boro (5) PNE (4) and Brentford (5) all have games against other top 10 teams.

We have 4 games against top 10.

We have the answer in our own hands so it is ultimately down to us but

DONT GIVE UP YET.

Good positive post , are you sure you're on the right forum ? 

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but it’s utterly astonishing that anybody would even be considering “giving up” any time soon, let alone whilst we are still in the top 6..!!

I think the “giving up” mentality is a prime example of a small section of posters on here, not portraying the feeling at Ashton Gate on matchdays. 

I certainly don’t know any actuall supporter who attends who’s anywhere near “giving up”! 

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why would anybody say top 2 had gone ?

Until it's mathematically impossible it's possible.

13 points is such a huge margin tbh...We can dream a bit but we would need Cardiff AND Villa to lose form...Fulham 5 ahead too, Derby 6 points...Derby seem to be wobbling a bit, but with Cardiff, Villa and particularly Fulham in such form it just seems impossible doesn't it. If it was one team we were chasing, then maybe- e.g. if we were 3rd 9 points off 2nd. However we aren't.

The one thing I will say in defence of your theory though, is that on 2nd December at 5.30pm we were 6th place and 2 points above 7th, while looking upwards? 9 points off Cardiff who were 2nd, while we had a worse GD...by Boxing Day we had overtaken them on GD, so theoretically you never know- but I feel it's too hard by now.

Archived