IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Either way, the removal of the u25 price bracket probably makes it difficult for a number of 23 or 24 year olds to find the funds to go.

The fact we're not selling out every game shows to me at least that there's no reason to remove it. Doesn't do much to encourage the younger fan in does it?

Of course, there is another metric we could apply to this price increase...

But I'm sure if they club had measured this, they would have said as part of their apology for putting the prices up and won't pick up on this as an afterthought...

Is it not a case that from next season, all non Saturday 3pm games can be streamed in the UK? So they might be expecting people to opt for that instead.

I expect we will be waiting a while before there is any further information on the loyalty scheme, so anyone who wants answers now will probably be disappointed.

A loyalty scheme would have been welcomed by some when the Manchester games came around, (See posts Re: ticket sales procedure) so I guess they have had to look at it and haven't had that long to do so.

Not really happy with this. I sit in the Lansdown wings and with keepers ball and his boy and my two girls. City have stopped the u12 ticket and so to stay in my seat we have to pay £255 each for the kids. 

I can understand the clubs trying to max its income but it a major hassle trying to get 5 seats together and I do not want to sit in the upper Lansdown before anyone tells me to go there (dodgy knees and way to many steps or wait an hour for a lift). 

50 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I sit with my son, he's under 19 in Landsdown Centre - looks like they have done away with the U19 in that section, are they saying he can no longer have that seat at all or we will have to pay the under 22 price for him to keep it.

Shoddy if that is the case - we always sit together so if he can't get a guaranteed renew of his seat then I have to let mine go too.

I have the same issue.

I think the thing here that sticks out is the percentage. I’ve got my seat in dolman centre with my two kids. My seat goes up by  £70 - 14%, whereas the kids cost doubles to £100.

I can just about accept the kids increase - we choose not to be in the family corner, where we could keep the current price,and when you take the cost of a shirt off it’s still about £3 per game.

However - a 14% increase is way above any metric of inflation or standard wage rise. Council tax is increasing by 6% and people are outraged - so 14%? That just feels intuitively wrong

However, and here’s the kicker, they know that me and many others will pay it.

Not too happy about the increase for some parts of the stadium but not others. I have 3 season cards dolman central. Last year for 2 adults and u12 is £912. This season £1097. 185 quid more is obscene imo. I don’t care if it “only” 3 quid more a game it effects others more than looking at it as a one off. 

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Devil’s advocate slightly here, but why should a 24 year old get a discount over someone in their late 20s / early 30s anyway?

I agree. For the record it doesn’t affect me, but just noticed it missing. But as others have kindly pointed out it’s lumped in with concessions now, I previously believed that was only over 65’s ?

Eee, when I were a lass and stood in the old Eastend I don’t think there was a ST option for that area.  you went from Juvenile to adult pretty much overnight, no gently easing into adulthood back then! Now you can leave school at 16 and have a job and get discounted tickets for the next 9 years! Kids nowadays!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree. For the record it doesn’t affect me, but just noticed it missing. But as others have kindly pointed out it’s lumped in with concessions now, I previously believed that was only over 65’s ?

Eee, when I were a lass and stood in the old Eastend I don’t think there was a ST option for that area.  you went from Juvenile to adult pretty much overnight, no gently easing into adulthood back then! Now you can leave school at 16 and have a job and get discounted tickets for the next 9 years! Kids nowadays!

You could also buy a house for 40p and become Lady RedM for 60p!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably nothing, but this caught my eye in the club’s graphic about the prices announcement.

Been a couple of whispers about a new crest.. I wonder if this is the first outing of the new robin?

E9211D94-ED26-4B79-91F1-50CD24123D5A.jpeg

Create a new thread mate. I think that looks well smart. 

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the thing here that sticks out is the percentage. I’ve got my seat in dolman centre with my two kids. My seat goes up by  £70 - 14%, whereas the kids cost doubles to £100.

I can just about accept the kids increase - we choose not to be in the family corner, where we could keep the current price,and when you take the cost of a shirt off it’s still about £3 per game.

However - a 14% increase is way above any metric of inflation or standard wage rise. Council tax is increasing by 6% and people are outraged - so 14%? That just feels intuitively wrong

However, and here’s the kicker, they know that me and many others will pay it.

Exactly. No question that I'll be renewing but a 14% increase takes the pee.

Concession pricing for Lansdown wings up 9% v Last year. £390 v £357. (Chippenham Red - not all baby boomers are loaded! Many on fixed incomes)

Non concession Lansdown wings up 6%, £499 v £471. 

Centre Dolman up 14% as identified already in this thread.

All  increases well above wage and cost of living inflation ...WHY?

After the financial gains of this season with TV revenue, Cup Ties, record 16000 ST holders  etc , would have been  a good gesture to reward Early Bird purchasers  by holding last years prices  IMO

Hopefully this works:

Type Season South Stand Dolman Wings Dolman Centre Family Lansdown Lansdown Wings Lansdwown Centre
Adult 2017/2018 347 401 431 372 471 531
  2018/2019 345 415 499 345 499 599
  % Increase/Decrease -0.58 3.49 15.78 -7.26 5.94 12.81

Concession 2017/2018 261 301 331 286 357 401
incl:(U25) 2018/2019 285 345 390 285 390 469
  % Increase/Decrease 9.20 14.62 17.82 -0.35 9.24 16.96

U22 2017/2018 117 201 217 142 237 267
  2018/2019 150 230 255 150 255 335
  % Increase/Decrease 28.21 14.43 17.51 5.63 7.59 25.47

U19 2017/2018 99 99 99 99 99 99
  2018/2019 99 150 150 99 ? ?
  % Increase/Decrease 0.00 51.52 51.52 0.00 tbc tbc

U12 2017/2018 50 50 50 50 50 50
  2018/2019 50 99 99 50 ? ?
  % Increase/Decrease 0.00 98.00 98.00 0.00 tbc tbc

Disabled 2017/2018 261 301 331 286 357 401
  2018/2019 Based on Age Category per Above
  % Increase/Decrease Based on Age Category per Above

I'm considering bringing my 3 year old to games from next season.. currently I'm a sthin dolman but my question is, if I buy my friend and I st in the family area, along with the boy, are we still permitted to use our seats for games he doesn't come too. I won't bring him to all 23.. night games, darkest winter etc?

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m just relieved my Dad with his final salary pension, massive house, no mortgage and three foreign holidays a year is getting the discount he so desperately needs.

5 minutes ago, Rc85 said:

I'm considering bringing my 3 year old to games from next season.. currently I'm a sthin dolman but my question is, if I buy my friend and I st in the family area, along with the boy, are we still permitted to use our seats for games he doesn't come too. I won't bring him to all 23.. night games, darkest winter etc?

You just pay the extra to upgrade the seat though the club frown upon it, I know as I done the same instead I ended up buying a empty seat in the same section or 1 block over as they kept complaining 

Archived