IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

17 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If people are being asked to pay more then they justifiably have the right to ask to get more in return. 

Its absolutely clear that this is not the case here. The only possible improvement is the chance of promotion and early bird prices should not in my opinion, reflect that risk.

The early bird price should reward those who already have season tickets first and tempt them into another year of support. Pricing those who have made a commitment to the club out of certain areas of the ground is cynical and damages the relationship between the club and fans.

Given one of the stated aims of Bristol Sport is to embed sport into the Bristol community for generations this clearly flies in the face of that policy.

My fear, given the narrow window for initial renewals is that absolutely nothing will be done to change it. The club will nod and say they have listened and will include fan feedback when looking at future price structures and that will be it.

If we do get promoted and with the riches of the top flight ticket prices should be coming down as reward for the fans, some money back in our pockets as well as the players. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m glad there weren’t family area when I started to take my children aged around 5 and 7. 

Really?  My boys are now in their mid 30;s and I started taking them regularly in the late 80's when they were about 5.  They got discounted Junior Reds tickets and we sat in the allocated Junior Reds area, which was in the Dolman but moved about a bit.  Then later there were cheap season tickets for them, again in a specific area, lower Dolman for quite a time I seem to remember.

I think there have been specific family areas for quite a while

I have read through this thread and I get why people are frustrated because to be honest we all want as much as possible for as little cost as possible but surely the removal or under 19 tickets ( only in certain areas) is having a massive over reaction. 

at the age of 18 you become an adult so why shouldn't you pay adult prices?  maybe you should just consider yourself fortunate that in previous seasons the club has put something in place (that they didn't have to do) so you didn't have to pay full price.  

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

FASCISM: "...characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce". 

Let's add: Social Engineering, Land Grab, and Forcible Removal of Families. Tick, Tick , Tick. Welcome to Fascism, Corporate Style.

An Utter Feckin' Disgrace on Every Level.

Of course, the club will timidly bleat "... look at how many have renewed, suggesting we have got the structure right." That is why the South Stand remains low to get those numbers. In an ideal world nobody would renew and we would ALL fight. This cynical ploy sums up what total ******* Mr Ashton et al really are. Take a walk boys and girls.

Of course walking is the ultimate weapon......and if enough were strong in conviction it would work...but it won't happen..95% will drip & whine-then go right along and renew,even before deadlines.fact.

And 'the club know it.......     However many pages this thread finally reaches nothing will change-if anything its just a vehicle for 'getting it out of the system.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why does our club always seem to **** fans over when things are going quite well?

What I dislike the most about this club is the off the pitch stuff. It is amateur at best.

The club needs to be very careful, crowds can go down as well as up, look at Ipswich one of the worst attendances for years the other day. 

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Of course walking is the ultimate weapon......and if enough were strong in conviction it would work...but it won't happen..95% will drip & whine-then go right along and renew,even before deadlines.fact.

And 'the club know it.......     However many pages this thread finally reaches nothing will change-if anything its just a vehicle for 'getting it out of the system.

I won't be re-newing next season based on those prices. I'll be watching the non-league teams and I suggest others do the same.

8 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I have read through this thread and I get why people are frustrated because to be honest we all want as much as possible for as little cost as possible but surely the removal or under 19 tickets ( only in certain areas) is having a massive over reaction. 

at the age of 18 you become an adult so why shouldn't you pay adult prices?  maybe you should just consider yourself fortunate that in previous seasons the club has put something in place (that they didn't have to do) so you didn't have to pay full price.  

Prices for children shouldn't  rise from £50 and £99 to (in my case) £255 and in others, over £300.

Much like @HIGHRIDGE BCFC, if this isn't resolved I won't be coming back to AG for a while.

I went to bed angry, and woke up even angrier. I felt so out of touch with the club I love, particularly the higher ups in Bristol Sport that authorised this bollocks.

My ST isn't going to be affected I don't think, but I refuse to put another penny in the coffers of an organisation that is blatantly trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of fans. Forcing kids in to the family section, and away from the expensive seats in the Lansdown might be one of the worst things I've ever seen done by City, it's trying to vacate people who aren't paying as much in favour of people who are willing to shell out lots of money.

This sanitisation of the football experience actually makes it less enjoyable to me, you make friends with people you sit around, you see their kids grow up. It's a community and Bristol Sport have effectively come out and ripped that up because they could be making more money off us.

I really hope this gets resolved, we need fan groups to be acting like trade unions imo, 

I'll be getting a season ticket at BMF if the club press on with this, and I'm sure I won't be the only one. ***** sake City.

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I won't be re-newing next season based on those prices. I'll be watching the non-league teams and I suggest others do the same.

I won't renew either. Happy to pay increased adult prices, but I'm not getting ripped off over the kid's prices.

To the angry and even the apathetic: Make Yourself Heard:

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

mark.ashton@bristol-sport.co.uk (Head "Suit")

Caroline.Herbert@bristol-sport.co.uk (Chief Commercial Officer)

Rachel.Lemar@Bristol-Sport.co.uk (Head Of Supporter Services)

adam.baker@bristol-sport.co.uk (Ministry Of Information - or Lack Thereof)

doug.harman@bcfc.co.uk

keith.dawe@bcfc.co.uk

lisa.knights@bristol-sport.co.uk (No idea)

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Just wondering what - if anything - could be done to register disappointment with this pricing structure.

I previously suggested S82 could down flags and take a vow of silence, just wondering if a concession boycott would work. I doubt it, too many are happy to accept whatever the club say.

As I said in a previous post, I'd be quite happy to go to AG saturday, take my seat, then as soon as the whistle goes for kick off, get up and leave. It'd need thousands to join in though. 

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Really?  My boys are now in their mid 30;s and I started taking them regularly in the late 80's when they were about 5.  They got discounted Junior Reds tickets and we sat in the allocated Junior Reds area, which was in the Dolman but moved about a bit.  Then later there were cheap season tickets for them, again in a specific area, lower Dolman for quite a time I seem to remember.

I think there have been specific family areas for quite a while

Maybe you are right, I think it was more a case of me choosing not to sit in with other families as such, just wanted things to naturally evolve around us. I was able to take advantage of a scheme where you could have two adults and up to 3 children( ?) for a set price, for one year before both my two were too old and had to pay the next banding. It wasn’t much of a saving for me as I didn’t have 3 children in that limit but you could stay in your ‘normal’ seats rather than going to specific areas. 

I think it’s a good idea to have a very small part of the upper Dolman to cater for families, but the whole of it is ridiculous. If it was up to me I’d go a stage further than we have:

I would have an area up there almost like the corporate boxes where people could watch from with baby changing facilities, somewhere out of the cold for very young children, a sensory room for children with special needs and or those such as some on the autistic spectrum where crowds and noise could be frightening. A place for the elderly to sit in comfort, etc, etc. A place where other offerings in the stadium might not be suitable, too pricey etc. Maybe those ideas are a bit much for football but not any more foolish than what the club is manoeuvring to surely?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just wondering what - if anything - could be done to register disappointment with this pricing structure.

I previously suggested S82 could down flags and take a vow of silence, just wondering if a concession boycott would work. I doubt it, too many are happy to accept whatever the club say.

Not renewing will make them take note, nothing else in my opinion. I find these silly protests about not turning up until the 18th minute and leave on the 71st etc daft. An empty stadium will make them think. Vote with your feet, I certainly have. If they see a large year on year drop they will panic.

19 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

My son is 16 and still at school

sorry i had a blonde moment I didn' take into account those over 16 but under 19. I do agree there should be a price range for those under 18 still in education. 

13 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Prices for children shouldn't  rise from £50 and £99 to (in my case) £255 and in others, over £300.

it's a big rise but to be fair £99 for 23 games is still a good price. we all know football is massively over priced but I still think city's prices aren't to bad compared to a lot of clubs

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

What weighted number would you rather use then?

I am not that interested in working it out, but with the South Stand adult tickets showing no increase and the Dolman and Lansdown wings adult tickets being around 5% increase, your implication that ticket prices have increased by 20% is just misleading.  The issue is not with overall ticket prices, but with child adjustments.

3 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

sorry i had a blonde moment I didn' take into account those over 16 but under 19. I do agree there should be a price range for those under 18 still in education. 

it's a big rise but to be fair £99 for 23 games is still a good price. we all know football is massively over priced but I still think city's prices aren't to bad compared to a lot of clubs

Pressed the wrong button. Prices should not rise that much for kids. Disgraceful.

2 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Yes, £99 is a good price (for a 14 year old) and we didn't mind when it went up from £50......it's the sudden rise to £255 that is the problem. He's still only 14.

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Not renewing will make them take note, nothing else in my opinion. I find these silly protests about not turning up until the 18th minute and leave on the 71st etc daft. An empty stadium will make them think. Vote with your feet, I certainly have. If they see a large year on year drop they will panic.

The issue with that is there is no accountability to the united fan base. By that I mean, the majority will kick up a fuss and complain, but most will renew. With walkouts etc then people will feel pressured to join. It is also empowering to fans to work together. Similar to a Union, you have to make a picket line, rather than just stay at home, or else people will just return to work as it were. 

Archived