IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

Official Section 82 Response. 

This will appear on Twitter shortly @Section82BCFC

“Having received unanimous praise at this stage last season, we are suprised & disappointed at aspects of the Club's recently announced Season Ticket prices for 2018/19. 

Prices have risen inexplicably in many areas of the ground for Child category tickets. Seemingly in an attempt to force the relocation of our youngest fans, as well as their families.

As the fans of the present, we urge the club to reconsider their pricing strategy for the benefit of the fans of the future.

Football without fans is nothing.

Section 82”. 

I'm in the south stand, have sympathy for everyone who is affected. There is only one course you can take on saturday and thats a mass walk out sometime during the game. This would get the sporting media interest. Will be waiting for the Dolman to lead the way. Of course it might be snowed off yet... 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

“Having received unanimous praise at this stage last season, we are suprised & disappointed at aspects of the Club's recently announced Season Ticket prices for 2018/19. 

Prices have risen inexplicably in many areas of the ground for Child category tickets. Seemingly in an attempt to force the relocation of our youngest fans, as well as their families.

As the fans of the present, we urge the club to reconsider their pricing strategy for the benefit of the fans of the future.

Section 82”. 

Thanks for statement.

Is there any reaction planned for Saturday?

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Section 82”. 

Great stuff Harry

Needs some serious retweeting once it’s out there

On a separate note, anyone know if the rugby and basketball ST prices are being increased in a similar manner?  Whilst it won’t effect me, would be good to see if all elements of the BS empire are following the same approach

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Was just about to say this.

Additionally, wasn't the plan with the George's cross display to have someone on every entrance to the South Stand telling people what to do? How hard would it be to do that on a bigger scale in the concourse?

It’s funny because whenever I see someone reading the forum they’re never signed in. Was hoping to spot  @bristolcitysweden or @Thatch35 in real life! 

I think there’s an awful lot of people who read but don’t post, I know several actually.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s funny because whenever I see someone reading the forum they’re never signed in. Was hoping to spot  @bristolcitysweden or @Thatch35 in real life! 

I think there’s an awful lot of people who read but don’t post, I know several actually.

Right now 255 members and 212 guests are online. Its probably the busiest football forum I've been on.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, there’s a few hundred people on here most of the time...I’m not knocking the forum at all, it’s clearly one of the best, but the numbers just aren’t sufficient to make a real difference. Totally respect your views though....and how’s your jet lag Chief?

Yeah, there’s a few nerds such as myself who post a lot but it’s a very busy forum for a second tier side; lots of occasional posters and lurkers. As Harry says a good place to plant the seed and see what happens.

Jetlag is awful! 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you’d be surprised how widely this forum is read. I always see people reading it at AG on their phones. It’s a good place to gather ideas and the word would spread.

Via here, Twitter and Facebook (before word of mouth and text message) you could spread the word pretty well I think.

This is very true.

At one point roughly this time last year I was having great financial difficulty and was being sent some money via PayPal so I could get gas, electric and food (I had none at the time).

With no way to access this I asked a person I saw outside in Kingswood if I could borrow their phone to get on PayPal and move the money to my bank, they kindly let me borrow their phone and had OTIB open as they passed it to me.

21 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

On a separate note, anyone know if the rugby and basketball ST prices are being increased in a similar manner?  Whilst it won’t effect me, would be good to see if all elements of the BS empire are following the same approach

Rugby prices not announced til mid April as I tweeted them earlier. @Davefevs will probs know about the netball. 

Huge overreaction from the majority here IMO. 

Dont get me wrong, I do understand the frustration but nobody is being forced anywhere. If you desperately want the same seats as you've had for this season then you pay the necessary price (baring in mind let's not forget, what young child aged 12 or under actually cares where they really sit or whether they have a season ticket or not, it's the parent that's more bothered). However If you don't want to pay the necessary price and want last years prices then move your seats... simple. No need for "national papers" and "protests/banners" :clapping: Still brilliant value for money compared to plenty of other clubs, I for one will definitely be renewing (and for the record I will be moving with my boy to the upper lansdown where the view is fantastic)

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I am hoping this is a clever policy of fake news by the club....namely, issue a ridiculous proposal to generate a full on #### storm, then move to a diluted version that everyone embraces but which without initial fake news version, would itself have generated a #### storm.

Not unlike that abortion of a kit they got David Cotterill to model before releasing a slightly better (If still crap) version. 

That's what I hope anyway.

As cynical as the suggestion is, it actually wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. As you say, it wouldn't be the first time. 

8 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Dont get me wrong, I do understand the frustration but nobody is being forced anywhere. If you desperately want the same seats as you've had for this season then you pay the necessary price (baring in mind let's not forget, what young child aged 12 or under actually cares where they really sit or whether they have a season ticket or not, it's the parent that's more bothered). However If you don't want to pay the necessary price and want last years prices then move your seats... simple. No need for "national papers" and "protests/banners" :clapping: Still brilliant value for money compared to plenty of other clubs, I for one will definitely be renewing (and for the record I will be moving with my boy to the upper lansdown where the view is fantastic)

Ok, which BS employee is this?

22 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

And here in lies the problem with modern society defending the greedy actions of the elite

Good to know you're in the minority unaffected and happy to pay anything and just put up with it

14 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

You've got no idea mate.

16 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Thanks for that Mr Ashton.

19 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

So what happens next year when this passes without a whimper from us fans, same again? 

21 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

I can’t see how you think it’s an overreaction, just read the posts!! I’m glad you are happy with the new price structure but please accept that a very large majority aren’t

26 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

I don't get why people complain about new motorways, travellers sites, quarries and the like. Then can just move. 

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

I can’t see how you think it’s an overreaction, just read the posts!! I’m glad you are happy with the new price structure but please accept that a very large majority aren’t

And I do completely respect that I don't agree with the price increase either the point I was trying to make was let's not turn this into a massive club problem where there was protests at the stadiums etc, and during 90 minutes of our games, sorry should've been a bit clearer. 

Archived