IGNORED

New Crest - New Robin?

Phileas Fogg

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I'm in that minority as well 

See a ram or an owl or a fox you know instantly who it is, dare I even add pirate to this list?

As people have mentioned when this thread comes up, we aren't the only robins out there. What can we do to make sure we aren't Cheltenham, Charlton (add any more robin associated clubs). I quite like the Cheltenham rebrand they done done a few years ago. Maybe we could have robin purple or lime breast?

Liver bird, Red Devil, Forest, Hornet, Swan etc. You know exactly who they represent! I’ve never been a great fan of our crest, just reminds me of Bristol City council.

Simplistic looks classy imo.

My thought often stated is We are Bristol City and therefore have the Crest of The City of Bristol on our shirt.

As a fan from the late 60's I'm probably in a minority that did not like the Robin Suspension Bridge Crest. However If I were marketing BCFC products something like it on shorts and socks would be a good way to sell new clobber and give a nod to what is our club emblem and nickname!

But hey wants a new pair of City shorts and socks right?

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

That is what it is for me. The crest is poor in my opinion. No identity with that. 

This is identity.....all day long. 

Up the robins, not the boring crest. Yyyyaaaawwwwwwnnnn.

IMG_3190.JPG

This is the only crest for me , says who we are , what we do and the bridge ( which shows the city is ours ).  

We don’t need a new crest , look at the Leeds fiasco , Brentford’s new one looks like a competition winners design ! 

I don’t buy any current club crest as it looks like the city councils logo.  

No no crest , bloody modern football. 

21 hours ago, Pezo said:

How does a robin look more dynamic? Genuine question as someone in work said I had to be more dynamic and after questioning a few times I still have no idea what they (or you for that matter) mean.

This is simple really.

If the person who told you to be more dynamic ever shuts up in a meeting (I'm guessing not a certainty) then raise both arms, claps your hands together quickly and sing "You're not talking any more".

If the same person is struggling for a detail and you know it, interrupt, and, for example, say "George, that budget is 90% over forecast", and then do a quick fist pump and add "Have it son".

47 minutes ago, Chivs said:

This is simple really.

If the person who told you to be more dynamic ever shuts up in a meeting (I'm guessing not a certainty) then raise both arms, claps your hands together quickly and sing "You're not talking any more".

If the same person is struggling for a detail and you know it, interrupt, and, for example, say "George, that budget is 90% over forecast", and then do a quick fist pump and add "Have it son".

I'm not turning up my crazy to 100% again after last time!

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I like something like this, in a Brentford style badge. Can't take the credit, found on the internet.409d6a4026e076ae5cb29f2a79ff4aca.jpg

Better if it was changed to 1894 mind.

Wee bit American for me I think. Same with the one @RedDave posted.

Archived