IGNORED

LJ, "so we can assess everybody’s lifestyles" ?

headhunter

Just reading this off the OS in LJ's post -Cardiff piece and wondered if anyone else takes this to suggest some of the squad need to take a look at themselves?

Some have suggested in other posts that the media-hype associated with the Man United and Man City games have led to egos becoming inflated.

From the same interview LJ says "I need a team that believes in the style I want to play.....". I seem to recall a similar comment last year along the lines of "a team I can trust".

Our last 12 games last year saw us win 6 draw 3 and lose 3  - a repeat this term will put us on 75 points which may or may not be enough for 6th.

When LJ spoke at Senior Reds recently the name David Noble came up. LJ quipped that he had "to do all his running" and said what a very skilled footballer was he then said " if only he'd sorted out his lifestyle out he'd have gone far" 

So it's not old cliche. It's based on LJs own experience. He's knows that if any player doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle then that can and often does effect their performances on the pitch.Noble was a perfect example.

LJ was very frustrated with his team at Cardif not playing the way he expected them to. Maybe his comments about lifestyle is a reminder to them to stay as clean living as possible - not a concept Danny Wilson would have considered........:doh:

We rarely hear that our players are out on the lash and living it up at nightclubs, compared to the past. Many are settled and have young families, more likely too many McDonalds! Wonder if our loan players living in hotels are suffering, not much to do and eating meals out all the time? 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When LJ spoke at Senior Reds recently the name David Noble came up. LJ quipped that he had "to do all his running" and said what a very skilled footballer was he then said " if only he'd sorted out his lifestyle out he'd have gone far" 

So it's not old cliche. It's based on LJs own experience. He's knows that if any player doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle then that can and often does effect their performances on the pitch.Noble was a perfect example.

LJ was very frustrated with his team at Cardif not playing the way he expected them to. Maybe his comments about lifestyle is a reminder to them to stay as clean living as possible - not a concept Danny Wilson would have considered........:doh:

I'm sure Best & Gascoigne may say different. 

6 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I'm sure Best & Gascoigne may say different. 

Both Best and Gazza were exceptional  in as much they had such an abundance of natural ability that their boozing and in Best case womanising didn't effect their game until they were closing in on retirement.

Best at Man Utd regularly didn't show up for training but he was such a gifted player he got away with it. Different eras and attitudes back then in 60s and 70s. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

We rarely hear that our players are out on the lash and living it up at nightclubs, compared to the past. Many are settled and have young families, more likely too many McDonalds! Wonder if our loan players living in hotels are suffering, not much to do and eating meals out all the time? 

It’s not the McDonalds that are the problem, it’s the 3am taxi-hijack! :whistle:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And yet he left it till the 85th minute to bring on 2 subs. If it was me and the team were defying my orders , the offenders would be off before you could say "mid table mediocrity"

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And yet he left it till the 85th minute to bring on 2 subs. If it was me and the team were defying my orders , the offenders would be off before you could say "mid table mediocrity"

They weren’t defying his orders, they simply weren’t using the high press style LJ wants. That’s what he was pissed off about.

My opinion is that a distinct lack of leaders were out there especially with Pack on the naughty step. As soon as GoN is fit again the better 

9 hours ago, headhunter said:

Just reading this off the OS in LJ's post -Cardiff piece and wondered if anyone else takes this to suggest some of the squad need to take a look at themselves?

Some have suggested in other posts that the media-hype associated with the Man United and Man City games have led to egos becoming inflated.

From the same interview LJ says "I need a team that believes in the style I want to play.....". I seem to recall a similar comment last year along the lines of "a team I can trust".

Our last 12 games last year saw us win 6 draw 3 and lose 3  - a repeat this term will put us on 75 points which may or may not be enough for 6th.

LJ comes out with all the cliches and sound bites. Warnock said it..."he talks a good game"

He just isnt that great a coach. Hes good when things are going his way, but when its not...his lack of plan B is regualarly evident

36 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He just isnt that great a coach. Hes good when things are going his way, but when its not...his lack of plan B is regualarly evident

In your opinion that is........

Personally I've seen and heard enough of LJ to know that he has all the qualities required to become a top coach. The issue he has now is an issue that can't be instantly rectified  other than with more of it - lack of managerial experience.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Personally I've seen and heard enough of LJ to know that he has all the qualities required to become a top coach. The issue he has now is an issue that can't be instantly rectified  other than with more of it - lack of managerial experience.

In your opinion of course...

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He should stop letting his dad pick the team & tactics you mean? 

Archived