IGNORED

Protest / Boycott / Direct Action - Ideas (Merged)

Harry

I thought I’d separate this out from the main Season Ticket prices thread, as the anger therein still has many a course to run. 

There is clearly a lot of anger in a number of aspects of the season ticket rollout. Child tickets, Pensioner tickets, Disabled tickets, early announcement, short deadline etc etc. It’s fair to say this has not been received very well in most quarters. 

Lets leave the anger within the main thread. I want to start this thread as an opportunity for fans to suggest and then further construct ideas as to what we as a fanbase can do about this. 

Whether this is some form of protest, boycott, direct action, withholding support/purchases etc. 

One thing is for sure, there is almost unanimous disappointment & bafflement over these decisions and we need to take some form of direct action to make sure we are all stood up and counted. 

Football without fans is nothing. Let’s not let them divide & conquer. We need to unite and fight. 

No idea is a bad idea. Throw it in the mix and others might improve it and make it work. 

Suggestions please..................

Not buying from the concessions seems an obvious one to me.

Ticket prices or not, the team needs our support at this crucial point and we want to watch the games really. That’s why supporters being silent for a game or a walk out wouldn’t work.

Also, not using the concessions supports local pubs and businesses in the area.

Problem with this idea is that it’s not very visual and unlikely to be picked up on by media outlets.. perhaps this in addition to a more visual form of protest.

To the OP - I admire your spirit mate. The only thing that will make the club sit up and take notice is if no-one renews their season ticket in the allotted time....but this just won’t happen. First of all, those with zero price increase will probably renew straightaway...and secondly, the people on here represent such a tiny percentage of our fans that even if any action was agreed on here it wouldn’t be picked up by the vast majority of our fans, so it would probably end up being insignificant.

Loads of apologies for being quite negative, but I can’t see this forum as being a place to urge enough people to act...there just isn’t enough of us on here to make a real difference...

Sadly, as mentioned on the other thread, the club had already been notified to the potential issues and outrage that would arise due to this (from FAN and internal staff members) and they decided to proceed with it anyway.

This shows that they couldn't give a flying shite about you or your family/mates/circumstances, they've already made their decision, I can't see any action working unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To the OP - I admire your spirit mate. The only thing that will make the club sit up and take notice is if no-one renews their season ticket in the allotted time....but this just won’t happen. First of all, those with zero price increase will probably renew straightaway...and secondly, the people on here represent such a tiny percentage of our fans that even if any action was agreed on here it wouldn’t be picked up by the vast majority of our fans, so it would probably end up being insignificant.

Loads of apologies for being quite negative, but I can’t see this forum as being a place to urge enough people to act...there just isn’t enough of us on here to make a real difference...

I think you’d be surprised how widely this forum is read. I always see people reading it at AG on their phones. It’s a good place to gather ideas and the word would spread.

Via here, Twitter and Facebook (before word of mouth and text message) you could spread the word pretty well I think.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you’d be surprised how widely this forum is read. I always see people reading it at AG on their phones. It’s a good place to gather ideas and the word would spread.

Via here, Twitter and Facebook (before word of mouth and text message) you could spread the word pretty well I think.

Was just about to say this.

Additionally, wasn't the plan with the George's cross display to have someone on every entrance to the South Stand telling people what to do? How hard would it be to do that on a bigger scale in the concourse?

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree that OTIB represents only a fraction of our support. However, seeds must be planted and if they grow, super. Most people who post / read on here know many others that don’t. If there is an idea that comes up here that looks like it could work, then it’s up to everyone on here to communicate that to everyone they know. Nothing will get done just by this outlet alone, it needs everyone. But this is the seed being planted, let’s see what can grow. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Fair enough, there’s a few hundred people on here most of the time...I’m not knocking the forum at all, it’s clearly one of the best, but the numbers just aren’t sufficient to make a real difference. Totally respect your views though....and how’s your jet lag Chief?

A silent walk out on 16 minutes, returning on 22?

A walk out visually this caught the eye and the media attention with Liverpool fans’ protests.

It’s kids in the main being affected this time, but it may be you and your seat next......

.....as a fan base we need to make a stand and support our own.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think it has to be a walkout, ideas as to when and at what time I’ll leave to others..

I'll be taking my son on Saturday, maybe a walkout for just those with their kids with them to begin with? For say 5 minutes. Then as we come back in everyone else leaves for 5 minutes in support? 

It’s a difficult one, although it doesn’t effect me, I’m firmly behind those who are effected. The club need to take notice, NOW.

im also keen not to upset the playing side of things at this crucial time, we could be 8th by the time we kick off and it’s almost a must win game.

How about an online petition that we could present to Bristol Sport? I haven’t a clue how to do this mind but a large amount of signatures would surely get some response.

Empty the stands row by row, constant moving and returning so people don’t miss too much of the match. Very unsettling a constant churn of people. 

Or, if we had more time everyone empty out and leave coloured paper / plastic like the flags on the seats spelling out ‘No’ across the stand. Infact black bin bags will do, with a few white ones for the lettering. Everyone has access to a bin bag surely? They can easily be slipped over seats and carried in easily.

ps, this is my opinion, not necessarily as a mod. I’m sure someone can come up with someth8ng. 

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s a difficult one, although it doesn’t effect me, I’m firmly behind those who are effected. The club need to take notice, NOW.

im also keen not to upset the playing side of things at this crucial time, we could be 8th by the time we kick off and it’s almost a must win game.

How about an online petition that we could present to Bristol Sport? I haven’t a clue how to do this mind but a large amount of signatures would surely get some response.

I don't feel this is strong enough, but I do see the point about not affecting players. The problem is that anything else might not get noticed, and I think we need to make a point, even, if like me, you aren't affected. Solidarity and as Harry says, football is nothing without fans. 

4 minutes ago, BristolIsRed said:

I don't feel this is strong enough, but I do see the point about not affecting players. The problem is that anything else might not get noticed, and I think we need to make a point, even, if like me, you aren't affected. Solidarity and as Harry says, football is nothing without fans. 

Probably not strong enough but I’m running out of ideas.

solidarity indeed, I would be happy to delay my season card purchase if I thought a few thousand would do the same.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought I’d separate this out from the main Season Ticket prices thread, as the anger therein still has many a course to run. 

There is clearly a lot of anger in a number of aspects of the season ticket rollout. Child tickets, Pensioner tickets, Disabled tickets, early announcement, short deadline etc etc. It’s fair to say this has not been received very well in most quarters. 

Lets leave the anger within the main thread. I want to start this thread as an opportunity for fans to suggest and then further construct ideas as to what we as a fanbase can do about this. 

Whether this is some form of protest, boycott, direct action, withholding support/purchases etc. 

One thing is for sure, there is almost unanimous disappointment & bafflement over these decisions and we need to take some form of direct action to make sure we are all stood up and counted. 

Football without fans is nothing. Let’s not let them divide & conquer. We need to unite and fight. 

No idea is a bad idea. Throw it in the mix and others might improve it and make it work. 

Suggestions please..................

Banner ( if you can get it in )..." We are not walking wallets. We are the the club".

Archived