IGNORED

Protest / Boycott / Direct Action - Ideas (Merged)

Harry

15 hours ago, Harry said:

I thought I’d separate this out from the main Season Ticket prices thread, as the anger therein still has many a course to run. 

There is clearly a lot of anger in a number of aspects of the season ticket rollout. Child tickets, Pensioner tickets, Disabled tickets, early announcement, short deadline etc etc. It’s fair to say this has not been received very well in most quarters. 

Lets leave the anger within the main thread. I want to start this thread as an opportunity for fans to suggest and then further construct ideas as to what we as a fanbase can do about this. 

Whether this is some form of protest, boycott, direct action, withholding support/purchases etc. 

One thing is for sure, there is almost unanimous disappointment & bafflement over these decisions and we need to take some form of direct action to make sure we are all stood up and counted. 

Football without fans is nothing. Let’s not let them divide & conquer. We need to unite and fight. 

No idea is a bad idea. Throw it in the mix and others might improve it and make it work. 

Suggestions please..................

No fishing. is your next flag display or whatever on?

3 minutes ago, kivsy said:

How about on a certain minute hold aloft your season ticket and show the red card to greedy city. 

Or hold a banknote  Aloft  Harry Enfield style   And do the same , simple as most people have both or either items  

City players still get vocally backed and the fans get to make a point 

12th and 19 minutes? If some don't know about it in advance, for the 12th minute, they'll be able to join in for the 19th minute.

Shouldn't put the players off any more than the many minutes' applause we've had.

3 hours ago, General Zod said:

This is the best suggestion by far given how much press the GIfs bring the club.  Imagine the publicity it would get, the club would hate it.  Mass retweets if we score and it would soon be picked up by the media.  I can see a gif with a cigar smoking fat cat pushing a crying kid out of his seat and replacing him with an adult in a Man U top holding a wad of cash.  Someone must have the necessary skills...

There’s a guy on Twitter who makes funny City gifs but don’t know if he posts on here.. there must be someone who can do it.. I think it’s a good idea (if I say so myself)

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There’s a guy on Twitter who makes funny City gifs but don’t know if he posts on here.. there must be someone who can do it.. I think it’s a good idea (if I say so myself)

Paulio / Stronzoimo is the guy that did my Warnock / Doubtfire pic.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's better than good, it was genius!

35 minutes ago, kivsy said:

How about on a certain minute hold aloft your season ticket and show the red card to greedy city. 

Or hold a banknote  Aloft  Harry Enfield style   And do the same , simple as most people have both or either items  

City players still get vocally backed and the fans get to make a point 

Its Mr Lansdown and Bristol Sport who should be targeted. Mr L makes the big decisions. He is one hard nut to crack. He would laugh at waving of season cards. He is a numbers and facts type of bloke. He has changed his mind before over the EE. People should be putting detail in front of him via the ST and the prospect of the players not getting vocally backed in protest. Not that hard to do.

55 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

1. Just don't renew in the next week or so.

2. Boycott Concessions.

3. Boycott Club Shop.

Really good idea! That would cost the club hugely without disrupting the football and would make no difference to us as fans. It could be kept going for weeks as well!

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like this. Done well, it could be very high profile. Who's going to 'own' this idea and get it done?

what is unfair

what you think is fair others may not so doubt you'll get anyone wanting to join this 'protest'. Most of us have been trying to stop the 'protest' theme of fans and turn it into SUPPORT BCFC during this great last 12 months when the club have tried (and generally succeeded) in doing things right

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

what is unfair

what you think is fair others may not so doubt you'll get anyone wanting to join this 'protest'. Most of us have been trying to stop the 'protest' theme of fans and turn it into SUPPORT BCFC during this great last 12 months when the club have tried (and generally succeeded) in doing things right

Its pretty obvious whats unfair... Come'on. 

Im not affected by a price increase as i'm in the signing section but even I can see that a 500% increase in a childs ticket is nothing short of sh1tehousery on the clubs part. 

It’s not just kids in the Lower Lansdown affected but also young people. People on minimum wage, students, apprentices. Unless their parents are super rich the only alternative is to sit in the Upper Lansdown ( no thanks) or sit in the South Stand in what’s available and away from friends. Yet the club encouraged us all to buy season tickets in the Lansdown 2 years ago when it suited them. 

I think they’ll come back with some compromise to save face and spin it in their own smarmy way. If they do then well done all City fans for largely sticking together in a way you would never see ‘up the road’. 

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

This what direct action can do. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43235571 

The economic model within English football is massively exploitative and has little respect for fans. How much more needs to be bled from ticket sales? In light of the current level of cost compared to other nations and coupled with the income from other revenue streams - player sales, tv etc there is an argument to say that overall ticket prices should not only be frozen but reduced. The German model is more inclusive, more respectful.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far.  I will summarise what we've received to date :

1) Do not purchase from concessions, bar or shop.
2) Walkout after x minutes, or turn back to game on x minutes.
3) Email/Twitter campaign - bombard club with dissatisfaction.
4) Online petition.
5) No flags at the game, display protest banner/message.
6) Boo's/Chants during game.
7) Don't renew or at least delay renewal.
8) Hashtag Trending / GIF with message.
9) Letter of Intent, withdraw all vocal support.
10) Posters in and around ground - kids not welcome.

Some good idea's here and a decent variety.  We can use most of these and hit the club in various ways.

I really like the idea of getting an attention grabbing GIF and getting it trending under a hashtag (BCFC tweets has 161k followers - this is the easiest way to reach a large populous).
So, are there any inventive types out there who can create a good gif that we can get trending (#bcfckidsnotwelcome or #bcfcoutoftouch something like that).  Anyone know this Stomzio chap on Twitter?

I think we should also get right behind the SC&T initiative to delay renewing until they can meet the club next week and get some answers.  If by Wednesday next week, they turn up to the meeting and they've had no money through the coffers it might make them think again.

I agree with the concessions/bars/shop boycott.  Do the stalls outside the ground act independently (i.e. do they pay a fee for their spot and keep all of their takings?)  If so, then easy enough for people to gets their drinks from the other outlets which are not Bristol Sport affiliated.  The Sports Bar is usually packed pre-match.  If this is empty they have to notice it.

Online petition, letter of intent, withdrawing support.  I'll see what I can do on these.  The other above though will need others to help / take up the mantle.

I really hope everyone (or at least most) will stand together on this.  We've always ridiculed other clubs for bending over and taking it, and have always argued that we wouldn't let that happen to us.  We must stand together and fight the injustice to our kids, pensioners and disabled.

10 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

How about posters either  side of the vorms from the concourses. UNDER 12. NOT WELCOME HERE NEXT SEASON. WEALTHY WELCOME. Would certainly alert those not active on social media. I'me sure others could come up with appropriate wording.

1 hour ago, richie87 said:

Bit of an adaption on Mad Cyril, but could stick something along these lines up around the dolman and lower landsdown on match days with a bit of info on what's happening, anything to get people talking about it. 

25k34v.jpg

Can you change that to

"You can't come in here next season Kid , Adults only stand"

Get everyone to print off a couple  of dozen at home and hand them out to kids going into Lansdown on Sat.

If you change it. i'll defo print a load

4 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Can you change that to

"You can't come in here next season Kid , Adults only stand"

Get everyone to print off a couple  of dozen at home and hand them out to kids going into Lansdown on Sat.

If you change it. i'll defo print a load

25kb8v.jpg

Archived