IGNORED

Attendance Saturday

JBFC II

After a difficult few days it's seriously encouraging to see that Saturday will be our 10th consecutive attendance of over 20k. 

4 seasons ago we were scraping over 10k and 13-14k was seen as an impressive crowd, shows  the great progress of our club 

• Admin

I wonder how many roads etc around the ground have to be usable to get the game on? 

The main roads will be gritted etc and passable due to volume of the traffic, can' bbelieve the radius around the ground would be that big an area. 

Assume sheff weds will travel first thing tomorrow, as long as the officials can get here too

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder how many roads etc around the ground have to be usable to get the game on? 

The main roads will be gritted etc and passable due to volume of the traffic, can' bbelieve the radius around the ground would be that big an area. 

Assume sheff weds will travel first thing tomorrow, as long as the officials can get here too

I expect it will be looked at tomorrow lunchtime.

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

After a difficult few days it's seriously encouraging to see that Saturday will be our 10th consecutive attendance of over 20k. 

4 seasons ago we were scraping over 10k and 13-14k was seen as an impressive crowd, shows  the great progress of our club 

Progress at what cost?!

Club are doing what they can to bring the average attendance back down to those numbers it would appear 

12 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

BS3 taking a battering right now and supposed to get worse over the next 24 hours. Unfortunately looking like Saturday will be called off. 

951AFA9F-8877-4D83-A44A-E780E686EEAA.jpeg

True it'll get worse but that photo is a light powdering at worst! 

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Arsenal v Man City on tonight. Treacherous outside the ground 

32 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I live 10 minutes walk from Highbury and its absolutely fine here.

A difference of opinion here! I bet the majority of Arsenal fans now wish the game was called off! 

We don’t half panic about the weather in this country though...totally unnecessary! It’s not like we’re in Canada is it?! Have a look at their temperatures and how they just carry on...makes us look pathetic...

20 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Very very little chance of the game being on I reckon.

I'm praying you're wrong because Tuesday  night games are hard work from outside BS3. I've been looking forward to Saturday from the minute we surrendered quietly in Cardiff.

Not sure if freezing rain is still on the cards, but if so, that's a really dangerous situation. I think the last time that happened in this area (15-20 years ago), we called a game off, even though the pitch was probably just about playable. I remember the paths/roads being covered in a sheet of ice about 2 inches thick.

I work 2 mins from the gate and live 4 miles away and to be frank - South Bristol is firked !!

3 inches to 7/8 with drifts on all roads and I mean all - don’t know what the council are doing but main roads are covered.

Even small slopes in the area have tracks where cars have slipped back down etc. - my car is on the road as could not get up on to my drive !!

In short with more snow forecast - madness if this game is on. I am a supremely confident driver and have driven accident free for 3 decades but I was out locally last night and it was frightening stuff - putting this game on will put fans safety at risk.

edit - outside my house - the road is there somewhere !! :-

674E3DDF-EBE1-4A0B-BD69-79536EF0F02C.jpeg

Archived