Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hodge

Arsenal v Man City

I hear Arsenal put out an appeal for volunteers to dig some snow around the pitch.

Apparently if they helped out and got enough snow on to the pitch they could get the game postponed.

While Arsenal are obviously pretty pitiful, you can't blame them for losing to a club who've quite clearly just cherrypicked the best players to buy the title.

10 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wenger could perish tonight. Literally, metaphorically, or both.

That said, there must be people who haven’t ever known a different manager at Arsenal, and that’s staggering.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief Man City are awesome....how did we run them so close at their place?! 

We surely would've edged past Arsenal had we drawn them?

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We would have done. But please, stop calling us Shirley.

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think even the Gas would give them a game!

If Arsenal have a manager in mind to take over the now is the time to act really, they're out of the race for 5th even, getting someone new in will give them 8/9 games to look at the players and have a better idea who they want to keep around for next season. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I reckon we’d have been in with a shout Chief...

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

If Arsenal have a manager in mind to take over the now is the time to act really, they're out of the race for 5th even, getting someone new in will give them 8/9 games to look at the players and have a better idea who they want to keep around for next season. 

Bonnet de douche! If you're inferring that LJ should take over, remember, he's still learning to speak French.

Odd one this, as I do not think Arsenal have actually been all that bad. They have tried to play, rather than just stick ten behind the ball and make it difficult. Man City have however just been lethal. 

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

You get the impression they want to let him go out with a bit of grace, but it's just embarrassing now.

Why they didn't have a succession plan and replace him at the end of last season is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You get the impression they want to let him go out with a bit of grace, but it's just embarrassing now.

Why they didn't have a succession plan and replace him at the end of last season is beyond me.

There is no grace to be had now apart from the Europa league, he should have bowed out after winning the FA Cup last season, would have been an apt finish. He's now too stubborn to see he's doing more harm than good. 

And to make matters worse he'll probably want to stay on next season to try and make up for this season. 

Trouble is now I can't see many managers around to take over. They maybe could have gone for Pep or Klopp a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Diego simeone? 

Be a bit of a change that.

It'd only take one training session for him to want to murder half that squad, such is the state of it.

3 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Diego simeone? 

Probably the one that springs to mind. Might be someone like him that is needed there.

6 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Diego simeone? 

Don't know if he'd want it atm, Madrid job is peachy at the moment, if true Griezmann is off in the summer likely to get a big budget to reinvest. Think someone like Ancelotti is probably as good as they could do. 

Arsenal 30 points behind Man City :noexp:

I don't think you can blame Wenger for still being manager. It's easy for us to look at it from a distance and say he should have left, but the guy has BEEN Arsenal for a lifetime, he lives and breathes both football and the club and for a large period was inspirational for them. It was quite telling and sad that he said in an interview not too long ago that 'retirement is death'. He no doubt totally believes he was still the man for the job and wants to cling on to it with everything.

The board, however, have been supremely negligent in the recent past. They should never have given the 'job for life' assurances, and should have been brave enough to make the transition to a new manager sooner. They have done a decent attempt at ruining Wenger's incredible legacy by being so weak. Really sad to see a legend like Wenger like this.

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't know if he'd want it atm, Madrid job is peachy at the moment, if true Griezmann is off in the summer likely to get a big budget to reinvest. Think someone like Ancelotti is probably as good as they could do. 

Arsenal 30 points behind Man City :noexp:

Am not sure he’d want it. Yep Atletico have a habit of selling best players but they seem to recruit new ones well. They’ve got a spanking new stadium and in the CL each season.  He’s building his own legacy there. I see the next person in at Arsenal will last as long as Moyes did at Man U