IGNORED

Further ST News

CotswoldRed

1 minute ago, GrenadaRed said:

It's a big improvement. Teenagers and children are once again welcome in the lower Lansdown.  It's still a massive price hike and I fear worse to come in future seasons as they try and force families to the upper Lansdown.  The extra week to pay is also positive, although it's still too short for many and a couple of weeks would have been a better gesture.  

Personally I am now inclined to renew as my sons increase is at least tolerable now (£50 to £150, instead of £50 to £335) and I accepted that my increase to £531 to £599 was steep, but not disastrous considering the vague possibility of Prem football.   I was most likely to not renew for the first time in my adult life, so this announcement has changed things.  However before deciding I'd firstly like to understand how others feel as whilst these changes placate me regarding my personal circumstances I'd like to see if more needs to be done for fans with different circumstances.  What are views as these changes don't fix all of the grievances?  

But surely Prem football makes those prices worse?

You will be paying the same amount for 4 less games.

2 minutes ago, GrenadaRed said:

It's a big improvement. Teenagers and children are once again welcome in the lower Lansdown.  It's still a massive price hike and I fear worse to come in future seasons as they try and force families to the upper Lansdown.  The extra week to pay is also positive, although it's still too short for many and a couple of weeks would have been a better gesture.  

Personally I am now inclined to renew as my sons increase is at least tolerable now (£50 to £150, instead of £50 to £335) and I accepted that my increase to £531 to £599 was steep, but not disastrous considering the vague possibility of Prem football.   I was most likely to not renew for the first time in my adult life, so this announcement has changed things.  However before deciding I'd firstly like to understand how others feel as whilst these changes placate me regarding my personal circumstances I'd like to see if more needs to be done for fans with different circumstances.  What are views as these changes don't fix all of the grievances?  

Bristol Sport had better hope we get to the Prem because it won't be easily tolerated if we have stay in the Championship for much longer.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm surprised anyone expects an apology , why would they? I doubt very much anyone at the club sees it as a mistake. They would have had a meeting, someone spots an opportunity to increase revenue and a chance for a pat on the back from Steve. They didn't expect the amount of anger from fans, many like myself who it doesn't really affect but still feel aggrieved .  They just see it as a change of mind and probably still feel as though they deserve a pat on the back for being soooo understanding to the poor old supporters cause.

You are probably right.

Personally, I don't expect much from the current setup when it comes to communication skills.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Love your optimism fella, but I don't think that will top our worry list for a little while yet.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

You are probably right.

Personally, I don't expect much from the current setup when it comes to communication skills.

That's the thing isn't it. We can't complain too much as the club becomes more professional off the pitch, becomes more focused on revenue etc . We're not going to like it everything they do but if they are clear and tell us or explain their reasoning it makes thing easier. As it stands communication is shite and because of that builds ill feeling .

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

That's the thing isn't it. We can't complain too much as the club becomes more professional off the pitch, becomes more focused on revenue etc . We're not going to like it everything they do but if they are clear and tell us or explain their reasoning it makes thing easier. As it stands communication is shite and because of that builds ill feeling .

I'm guessing the tone of comms like this is completely driven my MA.  I just get that impression.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Top division football and a generally higher standard to watch, surely worth the cost of losing 4 games? 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ha!      :rofl2br:

This is Bristol City remember.

None of the clubs officers make decisions on anything that subsequently needs an apology.........:disapointed2se:

The SC&T deserve a round of applause on this..........:clap:

Hang about. I did say that I was going to move some eggs to a different shelf in Sainsbury's - inspired, as I was, but the action of the fewers.

Granted, with it being cold and snowy there were no eggs in Sainsbury's when I went, but the thought was there. So I too would like some acknowledgment.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well that's the gamble. No club will put prices down for fewer games of a 'higher quality' product will they.

The last few seasons we've had the gamble to renew when we could've ended up with a season whereby our 4 "extra" games are at home to Rochdale, Doncaster, Fleetwood & Bury...

I'm happy to gamble this season that, despite current form, we end up playing league games against Man City, Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool rather than look forward to my 4 extra games against the dross teams such as Burton, Millwall, Cardiff & QPR!

Obviously we'll end up in the same situation next season where another price hike is yet again defended in the same way, but oh well!

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Top division football and a generally higher standard to watch, surely worth the cost of losing 4 games? 

Nothing that could be done about that.

Unfortunately (because of the variety of kickoff days/times) getting anywhere close to attending 19 games will be hard work.

Some asking for an apology. Laughable. 

To be honest I don’t think it’s that bad. They’d never keep everyone happy and that’s a difficult balance in itself with different age groups. 

Football has changed yet I still remain proud of the direction our club is going in, even if there are price increases here and there. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Its what human beings do.

"We realise some fans were understandably concerned by the changes, so we hope this will address those concerns......."

Indeed, and at the end maybe:

'Everyone at the club would like to reiterate how much the support of all age groups is welcomed and appreciated and will do everything possible to make it affordable for families to sit together in the areas of their choice in the future.'

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed, and at the end maybe:

'Everyone at the club would like to reiterate how much the support of all age groups is welcomed and appreciated and will do everything possible to make it affordable for families to sit together in the areas of their choice in the future.'

Yep, if they want us to be customers and not fans, at least treat us like ****ing customers.

The C word still comes to mind.

Both of them. The one that’ll get through will be contempt. You know the other.

These ******* care less and less about the fans. We’re consumers. Or a cash cow. A few other C words there.

But hey ho. Good old SL and his ilk. Know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

My expenditure at BS3 will now be limited to the bare minimum I need to get in to watch the football club I’ve followed since I was a young ‘in.

All the emails offering me this and that and a Happy Birthday are meaningless. And junk.

BM will now be the destination of choice for our footy snacks.

Thanks Steve. Good luck with your next business venture....

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

These ******* care less and less about the fans. We’re consumers. Or a cash cow. A few other C words there.

But hey ho. Good old SL and his ilk. Know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

My expenditure at BS3 will now be limited to the bare minimum I need to get in to watch the football club I’ve followed since I was a young ‘in.

All the emails offering me this and that and a Happy Birthday are meaningless. And junk.

Off to the Mem then....

5 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Some asking for an apology. Laughable. 

To be honest I don’t think it’s that bad. They’d never keep everyone happy and that’s a difficult balance in itself with different age groups. 

Football has changed yet I still remain proud of the direction our club is going in, even if there are price increases here and there. 

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

To be honest, my feelings are more with the second post than the first one. My increase (16.8%) is much more than inflation (even in football wages) and it means I'm paying a higher percentage of my disposable income to watch live football. Others are much worse hit. 

Now, I can afford this, but there are some who genuinely can't and an extra £50 or £100 or a few hundred means they won't renew. A club that prides itself on being for all Bristol and the West (forget those other losers) is pricing people out at a time when there are empty seats for virtually every match.

And as for the appalling timing of the increase, the less said the better. Gets earlier each season. They'll be asking for our 2019/20 renewal this October, I reckon....

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, my feelings are more with the second post than the first one. My increase (16.8%) is much more than inflation (even in football wages) and it means I'm paying a higher percentage of my disposable income to watch live football. Others are much worse hit. 

Now, I can afford this, but there are some who genuinely can't and an extra £50 or £100 or a few hundred means they won't renew. A club that prides itself on being for all Bristol and the West (forget those other losers) is pricing people out at a time when there are empty seats for virtually every match.

And as for the appalling timing of the increase, the less said the better. Gets earlier each season. They'll be asking for our 2019/20 renewal this October, I reckon....

Same here.  I can afford it, but didn’t think £255 for a 12+ year old was fair.  I will still need to think about the new £150 price point.  Glad i’m Not in LS Central, as £199 is too much imho. 

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

Depends.

Theres little difference between the bottom Prem sides and the top Championship ones and look at how tight the bottom half of the Prem is.

Yes games against Man City, Liverpool and the like are higher quality, but worth over £30 a game on a ST? I'm not sure. That would also make non ST prices around £40 a match to provide the incentive to get a ST.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Same here.  I can afford it, but didn’t think £255 for a 12+ year old was fair.  I will still need to think about the new £150 price point.  Glad i’m Not in LS Central, as £199 is too much imho. 

Will be interesting to see what they do with POTD, albeit we won't know for some time.

I don't think they have any scope for significant increases there.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Depends.

Theres little difference between the bottom Prem sides and the top Championship ones and look at how tight the bottom half of the Prem is.

Yes games against Man City, Liverpool and the like are higher quality, but worth over £30 a game on a ST? I'm not sure. That would also make non ST prices around £40 a match to provide the incentive to get a ST.

You get to play some poor teams in the Premier League but then we get to play crap teams in The Championship.

I'd argue I currently overpay to watch Burton & Millwall come and stink the place out.

Big shout out to fan power - amazing to get the club to reinstate the two lower age groups to the Lansdown, and in a relatively short space of time.

Everybody who raised this and took their concerns to the right outlets, very impressive.  Shame about the price hikes, but modern football is expensive, as we all know (and hate).

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Big shout out to fan power - amazing to get the club to reinstate the two lower age groups to the Lansdown, and in a relatively short space of time.

Everybody who raised this and took their concerns to the right outlets, very impressive.  Shame about the price hikes, but modern football is expensive, as we all know (and hate).

I'd hold fire on accepting this lying down.

These are still massive increases.

Anyone would think this shit-storm was a useful tactic to slide the general increases in, relatively unnoticed.

Archived