IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

Morning folks.

Myself stepping forth into thread duty again. Afaik, @havanatopia made it down the hill he was climbing and is probably snowed in at the pub...

So our local plod have given City the green light to play today whilst Bristol sits under 6 inches of snow. I can hear it melting and dripping down my window as I type this, but most of it won't disappear until later this evening. I don't like snow at all - chionophobia is real don't you know - so I've barricaded myself in for the last 2 days and worked on my rain dance. It's gonna piss down and wash away all the yucky white crap - yay!

But until that happy moment, Bristol looks like one of those Christmas cards your auntie with the 8 cats sends you. 

The pavements are covered, the Met Office have a warning for ice, the side roads won't have been gritted and worse still, some of our fans live in rural communities, which tend to be topographically higher than us so they got probably 10 inches of snow and then some, and they are literally cut off.

Queue more uproar for City whom are already in the doghouse with fans over ticketgate. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, you picked the best time to go on holiday lad. You've missed it all. Poor old Beanhead thought he wouldn't have to deal with angry fans anymore... @AdamB needs a holiday after this week...

So what are we left with?

20k tickets flogged and probably a 15k attendance (inc maybe 100 Wed fans - they ain't happy oop norf either...)

The conspiracy doing the rounds is that City want to play whilst Wednesday struggle so badly with injuries (seriously, their sick bay is actually a wing of the Northern General...)

Hav has asked me to pass on a lil message regarding this game and here it is: "If we draw or lose I predict we will not make the play offs. Something tells me that we will have blown it for this season. It feels like LJ is trying to turn a tanker around and he is not sure how it is done. On the other hand, win and it will be as significant a 3 points as we have garnered all season. I think this game v Wedneaday at home is that significant."

So there we have it. I have to agree. It feels kinda pivotal and whilst we all know Mark Ashton said "We aren't aiming for promotion", we still want that option.

I haven't gone on about Sheffield Wednesday as this week's events have superseded this match day thread, but be rest assured, normal service will resume in the next one. 

I feel 2-2.

Come on you reds...

Nothing less than a City win will do if we're are serious about promotion.

We know the club aren't so cue LJ fronting up embarrassing questions like

" why send Fielding up front in the second half ? "

" Was Diedhou hampered by his leg brace ? "

" Why did you only pick nine players ? Is this a new formation ? "

Predict Happy Clappers on OTIB saying we should be grateful to avoid relegation and Moaners predicting relegation next season .

Like Bill and Ben , we've gone to pot.

Weed , ain't just a character in the kiddies programme.

My Huskies are worn out so I won't make the match but :clap:to those that do .

Sing loud and proud . Let's force the club to prepare for the Prem next season.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pick a team like Fulham game and we should have enough to win. Bring Diony on with 20 to go. An absolute must win this one. 

I'd rather leave Diony off the pitch. Go back to what we know works. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Confidence must be high that we can win this as the club seemed determined to take advantage of SWs current woes. 

2-1.

Completely agree , the club clearly see Wednesday being weak today and feel we can take advantage. I know we have a players out, but if Wednesday were full strength if this game may already have been called off?

Its vital we win today, for confidence. Print that league table off , post it on the door and ask the simple question ; how much do you want it ?

3-1 city 

13 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Frank

wright Flint baker bryan

Smith pack

brownhill.        Bobby.     Pato

Fam

Why persist with Pato? He doesn't add much to the team these days.

On a separate note, today is a must-win. With so many other games postponed, we must capitalise.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks.

Myself stepping forth into thread duty again. Afaik, @havanatopia made it down the hill he was climbing and is probably snowed in at the pub...

So our local plod have given City the green light to play today whilst Bristol sits under 6 inches of snow. I can hear it melting and dripping down my window as I type this, but most of it won't disappear until later this evening. I don't like snow at all - chionophobia is real don't you know - so I've barricaded myself in for the last 2 days and worked on my rain dance. It's gonna piss down and wash away all the yucky white crap - yay!

But until that happy moment, Bristol looks like one of those Christmas cards your auntie with the 8 cats sends you. 

The pavements are covered, the Met Office have a warning for ice, the side roads won't have been gritted and worse still, some of our fans live in rural communities, which tend to be topographically higher than us so they got probably 10 inches of snow and then some, and they are literally cut off.

Queue more uproar for City whom are already in the doghouse with fans over ticketgate. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, you picked the best time to go on holiday lad. You've missed it all. Poor old Beanhead thought he wouldn't have to deal with angry fans anymore... @AdamB needs a holiday after this week...

So what are we left with?

20k tickets flogged and probably a 15k attendance (inc maybe 100 Wed fans - they ain't happy oop norf either...)

The conspiracy doing the rounds is that City want to play whilst Wednesday struggle so badly with injuries (seriously, their sick bay is actually a wing of the Northern General...)

Hav has asked me to pass on a lil message regarding this game and here it is: "If we draw or lose I predict we will not make the play offs. Something tells me that we will have blown it for this season. It feels like LJ is trying to turn a tanker around and he is not sure how it is done. On the other hand, win and it will be as significant a 3 points as we have garnered all season. I think this game v Wedneaday at home is that significant."

So there we have it. I have to agree. It feels kinda pivotal and whilst we all know Mark Ashton said "We aren't aiming for promotion", we still want that option.

I haven't gone on about Sheffield Wednesday as this week's events have superseded this match day thread, but be rest assured, normal service will resume in the next one. 

I feel 2-2.

Come on you reds...

Condensed Version

Sheffield Wednesday:

Hav's on the piss

City 2-0

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why persist with Pato? He doesn't add much to the team these days.

On a separate note, today is a must-win. With so many other games postponed, we must capitalise.

Arguably our best player for much of the first half of the season. Not had a great 7/8 games, but personally don't see who else would have more impact than him. 

If he wasn't playing I'd like to see Eliason given a run out...

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Arguably our best player for much of the first half of the season. Not had a great 7/8 games, but personally don't see who else would have more impact than him. 

Eliason is Swedish, and you know the rule about them and Bristol City.

Sign by all means, don't expect to play

5 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Pato does seem to blow very hot or very cold, not much in between! 

On today’s Danny Baker Sausage Sandwich game, Stuart from the London Bristol City Supporters Club lost 2-1 to the Happy Fingers Knitting Club! Is this an omen?  Stuart, if you’re reading this, hang your head in shame. For those of you who don’t listen to the Sausage Sandwich game, do likewise 

9 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

At the moment, I can't think of anyone who would have LESS impact than him. Would definitely like to see Eliasson get a go.

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

On today’s Danny Baker Sausage Sandwich game, Stuart from the London Bristol City Supporters Club lost 2-1 to the Happy Fingers Knitting Club! Is this an omen?  Stuart, if you’re reading this, hang your head in shame. For those of you who don’t listen to the Sausage Sandwich game, do likewise 

Head is hung in shame. I’ve let myself down, you all down and my family down. 

However......I’m calling this as the bottom of the slump. We can go no lower. 

Only way is up. COYR

27 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Strange decision to play today in my view. Crowd numbers will be down. And even if you can get to AG where can you park? Side streets will still be unusable I'm guessing! Doesn't leave alot of parking availability? :blink:

It's a no brainer , the club has already sold the tickets .

Now they can play the game without the inconvenience of actual football supporters. 

Archived