IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Confession time....when we were 2-0 up at Leeds I put a tenner on them at 40-1. When they hit the post in stoppage time I found myself feeling almost annoyed that City hadn’t been quite City enough to complete the job.

Haha. Makes you feel dirty don’t it? I just put on the draw at 100/1 but as my gambling is woefully poor it’s hopefully money lost for the greater good.

1 minute ago, Lordofthebling said:

It's good to see Pato having one of his good days. 

Agree about those two, 

Eros is likely to tire and it worries me him on a yellow card. Probably see Walsh/ONeill on for him and move Korey back to RB? Hate seeing him there tho...

True, i'd probably look to give O'Neil some minutes. Perhaps Brownhill could also go to RB too? Actually even GO'N could.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What, so make no subs simply because we drew from the same scoreline a few weeks back.

I find it a bit strange how football fans make connections like that and try to find trends all the time. 

How many times have we thrown away a decent lead in the last 18 months? Rather more than once, I feel...

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

How many times have we thrown away a decent lead in the last 18 months? Rather more than once, I feel...

You have to look at each game individually. Refusing to make substitutions because in one recent game it was a factor in us drawing is pretty silly really.

Besides, it was probably failure to make a sub at 3-1 which cost us. Not the Diony sub (which was required because of Reid's injury) in isolation.

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Genuine question - have we won any games this season when the opposition haven't been poor or below their best?

I suppose they are only as good as we allow them to be, but think the 4-1 v Derby and away win at Sheff Utd may go down as our best wins this season.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I suppose they are only as good as we allow them to be, but think the 4-1 v Derby and away win at Sheff Utd may go down as our best wins this season.

Given the circumstances, QPR home win too. 

Archived