IGNORED

Sheff Weds fans

Globe Trotter

8 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

They always bring good numbers. Proper big club and always a fixture I look out for.

@Bristol Rob - What was that all about with the fan being chucked out?  Saw a big build up of stewards and police and then they all seemed to pile in.

No idea!

Whatever it was, in as surprised at the number of high-viz required to deal with it.

10 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

They always bring good numbers. Proper big club and always a fixture I look out for.

@Bristol Rob - What was that all about with the fan being chucked out?  Saw a big build up of stewards and police and then they all seemed to pile in.

There's a thread on OwlsTalk about them fighting amongst themselves, probably to do with that.

I chatted to a few, before and after the match, and they seemed like a good bunch. Those I spoke to after the match took the result in good spirits. I suppose they’ve got a bit used to it 

Also have to appreciate the gallows humour of "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we're going down!" when losing 4-0. 

Good effort to even get to the game considering the transport problems in the previous 24 hours. Shame their team were so shocking. Adam Reach looked decent but why keep Boyd & Rhodes on the bench? After 2 play off seasons under Carvahal, you could understand if their fans were a bit peeved to say the least...

Was certainly a stark contrast to our own when things don’t go our way. Still find it very annoying that 2000 Wednesday fans can see fit to stay til the end at 0-4 yet 10,000 of our own were on their way home by the time the ref blew up. 

Fair play to Wednesday, consistently amongst the best fans here year in year out. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Also have to appreciate the gallows humour of "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we're going down!" when losing 4-0. 

Good effort to even get to the game considering the transport problems in the previous 24 hours. Shame their team were so shocking. Adam Reach looked decent but why keep Boyd & Rhodes on the bench? After 2 play off seasons under Carvahal, you could understand if their fans were a bit peeved to say the least...

Top fans Owls . Self parody humour excellent

3 0 down and they are singing 

“ We’re on our way .....

made me laugh 

Great support for a distant game and with Owls form and performance 

fair play to them 

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

A few nobends outside who swiftly got dealt with! Why do teams think they can walk down Ashton Road singing and taking the pis? About 6 times this season now - they all soon learn though :boxing: 

Tell me this is a joke and I’ve missed something?

Top, top fans....after the game I was walking past The Avon Packet pub and an ‘Owl’ was outside on his mobile phone obviously ringing home...as I walked past he barked furiously into his phone “How can you say it was a wasted journey? Just because we lost doesn’t make it a wasted journey, I was down here supporting Wednesday” - I had to stop and applaud, he said it so passionately, a proper fan.

Have always had a lot of time for Wednesday, I know we sing the song to wind up other teams’ fans - but today I totally disagreed with “Just like Bristol, your City is red” - not for me, Sheffield means ‘Wednesday’...and their humour has always been there, especially today’s “We’ve had a shot, we’ve had a shot, we’ve had a shot...” chant!

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tell me this is a joke and I’ve missed something?

Not a joke at all. 

If opposition fans want to wander down Ashton Road taking the pis and insulting fellow City fans, often there’s only one outcome. And yes it’s happened on a few occasions this season. For some reason, a small minority of away idiots think they can get away with being dicks, but they soon realise they can’t. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not a joke at all. 

If opposition fans want to wander down Ashton Road taking the pis and insulting fellow City fans, often there’s only one outcome. And yes it’s happened on a few occasions this season. For some reason, a small minority of away idiots think they can get away with being dicks, but they soon realise they can’t. 

So you beat up some fellow humans for singing in the vicinity of the ground? 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not a joke at all. 

What happened H? Or is it pretty obvious? I saw loads of police on Ashton Road and didn’t see any trouble, anyone starting anything in front of that police presence must be a bit deranged?!

Archived