IGNORED

Police presence

GrahamC

16 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

JulieH is not to be trusted on here. One sided always with this lot. Lots of overtime for them. Too many corruption cases, The use of kettle tactics at football matches, you are guilty until proven innocent in there eyes! The biggest “firm” at football matches. Evil!

"Justifiable force"

7 minutes ago, Jarman said:

How many police officers at the Brizz versus Jersey Rugby?  Don't answer ... daft question ... rugby fans can drink football fans into the ground and yet still behave!

Explained this to you directly on 3 different threads. You're either living in a bubble or retarded.

13 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

JulieH is not to be trusted on here. One sided always with this lot. Lots of overtime for them. Too many corruption cases, The use of kettle tactics at football matches, you are guilty until proven innocent in there eyes! The biggest “firm” at football matches. Evil!

Tetbury Massive likes this.

50 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Let me guess... Beside the one arrest of the Sheffield United no City fans were arrested AS A RESULT of the fact that so many police officers were present...

And they'll feel it's vindicated regardless. Such a waste of our tax money.

The problem I have is that the OB look at us and see the “potential” for trouble. BUT the fact is AG hardly ever gets any nowadays? It is all prawn sandwiches in the Lansdown stuff - which I hate. It is like a morgue in there during the game.

Infact BCFCs “mob” are pretty inactive nowadays. Oh yeh, someone threw a flare on the pitch (:laugh:) earlier in the season.

They (OB) have to justify there presence, overtime etc to the club and use the 100 Willem as the “potential”. What a joke. If you know this lot, they are a very friendly group of Dutch fans that have developed a close affiliation with Bristol City. Never any problems, infact the only way it would kick off is the over policing approach that exists at AG nowadays. Shameful by A&S OB! And all of us on here are paying there overtime in one way or another.

On 04/03/2018 at 01:46, GasDestroyer said:

Correct, SW have been on the radar for BCFC for a few years now.

2004 was a big away day when we did take a load after they gave it the “big un” against some young un’s at AG.

5000 odd went and there was plenty of afters at Hillsborough. This fixture will come again - mark my words. Infact you have SU end of season and there is plenty of history there also! Best get used to OB presence.

After’s and before’s!

Gypsy Queen pub to be precise!

I remember when Estonia played England in the qualifiers, Euros, World, can't remember now,   two bobbies from London were sent here to police the England fans. They had a great time posing for photos with tourists in the Old Town Square and that's probably all they did, apart from watching the game.  I am sure the Estonian police handled the 9,000 full house quite well, still a good couple of days out for the bobbies, I had a chat with one and he told me he enjoyed being there. Nice work if you can get it!

On 03/03/2018 at 20:43, Harry said:

Lions. They were in the top tier of the West stand, next to the away fans.

Why were the Willem fans put in the corner of the Lansdown all by themselves? I saw them there with their own personal “bodyguard” of stewards. Aren’t they allowed to mix with other fans?

16 hours ago, Club and Country said:

That’s unreal 4 police travelled from Holland when all the willem fans did was come for a party

out of interest, do our police travel over to Willem?

It was a good jolly for the four policemen/ women who came from Holland. A free weekend in Bristol and paid for it as well. 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why were the Willem fans put in the corner of the Lansdown all by themselves? I saw them there with their own personal “bodyguard” of stewards. Aren’t they allowed to mix with other fans?

It was a good jolly for the four policemen/ women who came from Holland. A free weekend in Bristol and paid for it as well. 

I imagine they all wanted to sit together. Where else could they have sat?

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The ones I saw yes! 

Wouldn't that suggest that fans here are correct when they claim there are too many Police officers unnecessarily in attendance at games or  do you firmly believe that there is no trouble from City fans BECAUSE of the heavy Police presence?

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Wouldn't that suggest that fans here are correct when they claim there are too many Police officers unnecessarily in attendance at games or  do you firmly believe that there is no trouble from City fans BECAUSE of the heavy Police presence?

You know what the answer will be.A complete and utter piss take.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Just wanted to hear it from 'the horse's mouth'

Not really much point in me answering the question then .

its a question that many persons involved and interested in the world of football policing ask every week.

were there no issues because the police were there? 

Would there have been issues if they weren’t there?

the simple answer is no one knows. 

What I do know though is that if the police weren’t there on Saturday then someone convicted of a football offence and on a football ban would not have been arrested or detected.

We would not have been able to reunite a lost boy with his dad on winter stoke road 

We would not have been able to assist stewards with a particularly violent Male who was being ejected and then calm down several other family members 

we dont just deal with violence and fights.some fans as previously mentioned on this  forum feel reassured by police presence.

i don’t think we can win whatever we do but all I can do is explain why we do things !! 

11 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not really much point in me answering the question then .

its a question that many persons involved and interested in the world of football policing ask every week.

were there no issues because the police were there? 

Would there have been issues if they weren’t there?

the simple answer is no one knows. 

What I do know though is that if the police weren’t there on Saturday then someone convicted of a football offence and on a football ban would not have been arrested or detected.

We would not have been able to reunite a lost boy with his dad on winter stoke road 

We would not have been able to assist stewards with a particularly violent Male who was being ejected and then calm down several other family members 

we dont just deal with violence and fights.some fans as previously mentioned on this  forum feel reassured by police presence.

i don’t think we can win whatever we do but all I can do is explain why we do things !! 

I'm sorry but it was completely and utterly over the top on Saturday and by hook or by crook we all have to pay for it.  I spoke to two of your colleagues after the game and they admitted that they too were also surprised at the number of police present. There was absolutely no need for it at all. It must've cost a small fortune. 

Archived