IGNORED

Preston on Tuesday

wendyredredrobin

Another big game for us as they are only 3 points behind and we rarely get much from Deepdale.  Hopefully Nathan Baker and Bailey Wright will be fit again as Eros doesn't look quite ready yet.

Otherwise I would expect the same team as today save for the back 4.

I don't suppose we will be taking many up there on a Tuesday and would be satisfied with a point but ecstatic if we get three.

Hopefully we can do well enough to give Lloyd Kelly and Lois Diony a bit more game time too.

Sheff U have a game in hand and are hot on our heels, so we can't afford to drop too many pounts from now on.

Hopefully todays result will have the lads full of confidence.

I think part of our problem v Preston is we've often tried to force the game against a club we think we should be beating, despite them being tricky opponents.

A draw will be absolutely fine if followed up with revenge against Burton so no need to go gung ho or get anxious.

Massive game and I would take a point right now. Have to make sure we get at least 3 from Preston and Burton away. Ambitiously I want more but 3 of 6 wouldn’t be terrible for our playoff hopes. Four points would be great and not losing to Preston keeps them behind us at worst. 

18 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think part of our problem v Preston is we've often tried to force the game against a club we think we should be beating, despite them being tricky opponents.

A draw will be absolutely fine if followed up with revenge against Burton so no need to go gung ho or get anxious.

Yep, we need to respect Preston and not think we are superior and just need to turn up.  A good game NOT to lose...if course a win would be fantastic.

From what I understand they’ve changed style since Hugill has gone? @Mortis @pnefcok - can you confirm?

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, we need to respect Preston and not think we are superior and just need to turn up.  A good game NOT to lose...if course a win would be fantastic.

From what I understand they’ve changed style since Hugill has gone? @Mortis @pnefcok - can you confirm?

Yes, as I just said on another thread it's Robinson up top at the moment so we've gone from a powerhouse to a lightweight as the lone striker in that sense, but he's playing well, we've just had to change the style a bit, and some fans think it's for the better.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Yes, as I just said on another thread it's Robinson up top at the moment so we've gone from a powerhouse to a lightweight as the lone striker in that sense, but he's playing well, we've just had to change the style a bit, and some fans think it's for the better.

I’m one of the few on here who thought Robinson looked useful in his time here.  The little we saw of him, there were moments when he looked on Kodjia’s wavelength in terms of knowing when to slide him in.....and Kodjia be onside.

10 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Certainly Bobby and Josh in their post match interviews were stressing the need to get 3 points at Preston.

Good to hear. This will be the game that really shows whether we have truly turned a corner after our miserable 2018 form.

It was great to see a return to the basics that had served us so well in the first half of the season on Saturday, let's just hope LJ keeps the same formation and playing style as Saturday and he doesn't go dicking around trying to do something clever.

20 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Certainly Bobby and Josh in their post match interviews were stressing the need to get 3 points at Preston.

Any City player interviewed after a 4 goal win would have said the same.

What it does show is that they feel (to use LJs term) that they have their mojo back.

Personally I'd settle for a point but like all City fans I'd love all three.

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Still got plenty of dirty cheating b'tards left in the team?

How nice to see a positive thread with only a few comments made to the contrary. If only half the posts on this forum could be realistic or positive, I'm certain we would regain some of the many true City fans who never come on here because of the abusive nature of some, together with the assumption many people write on here who clearly dont go to games

I'll be at Deepdale, Oakwell and every other game this season

H.R

15 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Still got plenty of dirty cheating b'tards left in the team?

Entitled to your opinion of course , tad harsh but after the game at Ashton Gate when we where not pretty we have played some superb football , to answer your question no ... :)

Mortis

Evening all , nervous about the game on Tuesday no doubt mainly because we look like two totally different teams that play Home and Away , we have the second best points away in the division , and played some superb passing football at Villa and the second half at the Macron was as good as Ive seen all season , what we have lacked for a chunk of the season is a finisher ( and was no surprise to see McGuire back after three months out and make it 9 in 12 appearances - he's a natural finisher but Tuesday may be too soon for a start - I would image he will be phased back in after a long lay off ) and a creative no 10 who can unlock a defence especially at Home , we have really struggled this season as we play one up front and sides that will sit deep in defence and press up high we have gone direct and with Robinson up front and to a lesser extent Hugill it has proved fruitless and some truly woeful performances in front of our own fans, the best 5 performances I have seen all season have been away from home ( not Bristol City ) but do feel we will benefit on Tuesday against a side that will come and play like Wolves did but I would not like to predict the result , seen more than enough of you this season on the box to know how dangerous you are and some of your football is superb  , Reid is lethal , Diedhiou is a handful , I like Paterson as a footballer , Brownhill has clearly improved since he left us and Pack is a good player ( although just my observations has a mistake in him ) Flint is well Flint and amongst the best centre halves in the division and Magnússon seems to be able to launch a throw in into orbit , I would fancy us more if this was away and it really does depend which Preston turn up but Barkhauizen has been very good for us recently , Maguire will be a handful if he plays , Davies and Hunts are pretty sold at the back and we have decent full backs in Fisher and Cunningham , Harrop may hold the key for us in the no 10 role but he's hit and miss , it could be any of the three results on offer , both sides having a great season IMO and you are due one against us , very tough week for us with you and Fulham at home - which Preston will it be - Bolton away superb , Ipswich at Home embarrassing 

Mortis

Have a safe trip up and all the best for the rest of the season , Il offer my opinion of the game as best I can win , Lose or draw 

I think we will make one change from Saturday and can see Baker coming in for Magnússon, we need to match Preston physical side of the game as well as play football. I am not knocking Maggers as he had a good game Saturday but needs Bakers Strength....2--2 is my prediction

14 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I think we will make one change from Saturday and can see Baker coming in for Magnússon, we need to match Preston physical side of the game as well as play football. I am not knocking Maggers as he had a good game Saturday but needs Bakers Strength....2--2 is my prediction

Not sure Baker will be fit, maybe why LJ was praising Maggers on Saturday. May well see Bailey Wright back in for Pisano imo.

29 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not sure Baker will be fit, maybe why LJ was praising Maggers on Saturday. May well see Bailey Wright back in for Pisano imo.

True... Having thought  about it more I'm sure Bailey Wright will want to play his old team with a point to prove after last year

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

How nice to see a positive thread with only a few comments made to the contrary. If only half the posts on this forum could be realistic or positive, I'm certain we would regain some of the many true City fans who never come on here because of the abusive nature of some, together with the assumption many people write on here who clearly dont go to games

I'll be at Deepdale, Oakwell and every other game this season

H.R

Good man. Wish I was young enough to do away games like I used to but do appreciate those of you who act as my proxy. COYREDS! 

1 hour ago, kevthered said:

Baker and Flint likely to be up against the fleet-footed Robinson, so not physicality to match Centre Back v their striker.  However a fit Baker is a nailed on starter in any side I’d pick.

We also don’t know whether Bryan has suffered any concussion or whether Pisano will recover from a hour long comeback.  Johnson will be sweating a bit today.

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I could see BW coming in for Mags - assuming that Baker isn' fit. Can't be too many more games before everyone is fit and Johnson has to start leaving people out of the match day squad.

Archived