IGNORED

Korey Smith take a bow

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Korey was immense yesterday.

He is class , pinging the ball around, hustling , tackling and he looks so elegant whilst doing all this .

He has really stepped up . 

Well done Mr Smith.

:clap:

Said it before and make no apologies for continuing to say it, the closest you can get to Gerry Gow in the modern game. I am constantly surprised that he is never mentioned as being one of the players that the prem clubs are looking at. All of them are looking for their holding midfield player these days.

My favourite ever City player bar none. Took him a while to shake off his injury in 2015/16 and return to his best, but thank god he did.

He does the simple things well. He is the engine of the team. Every good move goes through him. He's the cover at the back when Flint et al go up for a corner. He's quick, his timing is spot on. He does a decent job at right back. I bet he'd be good in goal.

Never understood why he's never been captain. Not that it matters too much in football.

And yet come the summer all the transfer talk will be about X, Y and Z bidding for Flint, Bryan and Reid. And no one will talk about bids coming in Smith. Let's hope it stays that way.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Said it before and make no apologies for continuing to say it, the closest you can get to Gerry Gow in the modern game. I am constantly surprised that he is never mentioned as being one of the players that the prem clubs are looking at. All of them are looking for their holding midfield player these days.

Korey is very definitely in form and has been for a little while.

Yes I agree with the comment regarding he is rarely mentioned as a player being watched. JB AF BR and MP are mentioned constantly. Probably a good thing!

The only thing that holds Korey back is his first touch and that’s the reason he won’t play in the prem for me.

Also I can’t think of a single prem side that would think of signing Bobby, I just don’t see where he would fit in to any side, this isn’t a Critism but I genuinely don’t see him moving on.

50 minutes ago, Rob k said:

The only thing that holds Korey back is his first touch and that’s the reason he won’t play in the prem for me.

Also I can’t think of a single prem side that would think of signing Bobby, I just don’t see where he would fit in to any side, this isn’t a Critism but I genuinely don’t see him moving on.

Re Korey, are you watching the same player as me?!

Re Bobby, I was only saying on the way home from the game yesterday, " I could see Bobby playing for virtually any team in the top flight".

Well over three decades of supporting City Korey has over taken my favourite ever City player Super Bob.

Korey is a class act and his level of performances hardly ever drops, he is Mr consistent.

I think his best attribute is his reading of the game, so many times he spots a opportunity to nip in and stop a attack or put his foot in and win the ball when most other players wouldn't even think of it, he has a great footballing brain with good touch and technique.

All hail King Korey

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Re Korey, are you watching the same player as me?!

Re Bobby, I was only saying on the way home from the game yesterday, " I could see Bobby playing for virtually any team in the top flight".

Hahaha - as they say, football and opinions and all that!! 

I love Korey, think he’s a great player but his first touch will hold him back from being a good prem player in my opinion, in contrast watch Bobbys first touch, it normally puts us on the front foot 

Our most important player imo. For me he sets the tone & is the organiser. Tenacious, good engine, quick over the first 10 yards & his ability on the ball is underrated for me. Long may Prem teams overlook him, but I don’t think they will! COYR 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Our most important player imo. For me he sets the tone & is the organiser. Tenacious, good engine, quick over the first 10 yards & his ability on the ball is underrated for me. Long may Prem teams overlook him, but I don’t think they will! COYR 

Spot on it’s his organisational skills that have been so good his season. Seems to have great awareness of the play and will track back or direct others as required 

If he could only add regular goals to his game then we’d have one hell of a player. He should be so proud to have the ‘Gerry Gow’ chant sung in his honour...Sir Gerry will always be my fave Red of all time...but Korey is just so important to us, he is our best player at the moment in my opinion and every season we can keep hold of him is a huge bonus...

I don't believe that he is yet in the same league as Sir Gerry. But I don't think any of us realised how great Gerry Gow was until he left us. A case of one does not know what you've got until you lose it. 

So maybe we'll only fully appreciate Korey when he's no longer at The Gate. 

Really good positive thread again (what a difference one win makes!). Corey is playing well and has several years of EPL performance to ever be compared with Gerry Gow. He and Pack are very different players (Pacman could never play RB) but both very important to our midfield/possession domination. Pacman delivers many more incisive passes, wins more headers and covers more ground than Corey but isnt as quick. Both are 'team players' who inspire faith behind and in front of them.

Agree Bobby, Joe and Aden will be the 'Big money' targets in May but keeping Corey and Pacman will be just as important as any summer signings and fighting off the EPL 'mad-money' that will attract our media stars.

Dont agree Bobby and Joe wouldnt fit in to many EPL squads, in fact i think they'd be first eleven in most of the bottom half

Great to have varying positive opinions about our individuals though. Lj, the management team and of course our owner have all done brilliantly in the past 12 months and have different challenges ahead for the next few years based on the above

Archived