IGNORED

That One Bloody Drone of a Chant

TBW

I like songs that you can identify a club with,,west hams blowing bubbles and portsmouth inane tune the pompey chime.

I like the z cars theme that gets played at everton,,i prefer the tradition of a song related to a club over anything else.

11 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

My award for the worst chant has to go to the "Bobby, Bobby Reid" one.  Could we not have come up something better than that?

The only less original dirge is Bristol Rugby’s “Briiiiiiissssssttttol”

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Fair play, each to their own...however I'd look like a right numpty doing that sat amongst the old age pensioners club in the middle of the Dolman.

Call me an old git, but when younger I've sung and chanted with the best of them, but even without rose tinted glasses, it was always classy, worthwhile and often funny...now imo, and many others, it's just boring, inane, with lack of thought or humour, and often copied. Pretty much like everything else in todays society...nothing new or copied.

What's made my day however...is that I got snaked by a Rodian bounty hunter working for Jabba the Hutt...at least I know what I'm dealing with :laugh: wtf! kids

Good post.

Interesting perspective from the (no offence) older generation. 

I'd class myself as the 'middle' generation; watched the 90's culture almost rinse and repeat over the last 20 years. 

However, what's important to understand is that today social media drives culture in a way it never did when we were younger (because it didn't exist :facepalm:).

Given that, I wonder how many of us would have also 'copied' what we saw. Or, even realised we were copying what we'd heard on matchday anyway.

Very little in society is new, no matter what generation we're in. 

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Good post.

Interesting perspective from the (no offence) older generation. 

I'd class myself as the 'middle' generation; watched the 90's culture almost rinse and repeat over the last 20 years. 

However, what's important to understand is that today social media drives culture in a way it never did when we were younger (because it didn't exist :facepalm:).

Given that, I wonder how many of us would have also 'copied' what we saw. Or, even realised we were copying what we'd heard on matchday anyway.

Very little in society is new, no matter what generation we're in. 

Plenty of evidence given nowadays, showing that the 'younger' generation have less imagination in general, to many of the older generation...btw, I'm middle aged ;-)

Everything is given to us nowadays...answered for you at a touch of a button. You don't have to think or work things out any more.

Creating and imagination are in many cases a long lost art for what was normal for the majority of previous generations.

In the past you often had to work things out yourself or create ways yourself...invention if you like. Much of that is helped by technology these days and added to each year.

Creativity is becoming less and less.

New forms of old, more common.

10 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I like songs that you can identify a club with,,west hams blowing bubbles and portsmouth inane tune the pompey chime.

I like the z cars theme that gets played at everton,,i prefer the tradition of a song related to a club over anything else.

Z Cars has been Watford’s tune as well since 1963...

So do songs like red army, flint having a party 'drag on'?

The point is supposed to be raising the atmosphere to spur the team on to victory. Pretty much any noise is better than nothing imo.

**** soulless modern football...

Bring the colour, bring the noise; Forza Eastend!

On 3/4/2018 at 16:03, Robin TBW said:

"Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH.

Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH."

... and repeat for EIGHT MINUTES.

Who the hell came up with it? It kills the atmosphere and just drags on for so long. It's bloody awful.

i love it!

I think it’s a good ‘filler’ song, easily started, and can stop in an instant if needed. I like it, it was more effective with the megaphone though, more people laughing and joining in. 

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think it’s a good ‘filler’ song, easily started, and can stop in an instant if needed. I like it, it was more effective with the megaphone though, more people laughing and joining in. 

Yep, not the same without the monotonous Dalek on the megaphone.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 07:36, pongo88 said:

The only less original dirge is Bristol Rugby’s “Briiiiiiissssssttttol”

I likes my rugby, but it has to be said that a lot of rugby fans are either too far up their own arses or too busy playing a game of one-upmanship regarding who knows the rules best/who can call an infringement quickest to bother coming up with decent chants.   

On 04/03/2018 at 16:03, Robin TBW said:

"Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH.

Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH."

... and repeat for EIGHT MINUTES.

Who the hell came up with it? It kills the atmosphere and just drags on for so long. It's bloody awful.

Just be glad we get singing. I like the songs and they are SO much better than all the bloody drumming and horn blowing at European games. I swear the bugger would be WEARING the drum by half time if he stood near me!!

Archived