IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

I’ve come to the decision that I’m not going to renew. 

My ticket in the South Stand has not changed in price but this whole episode has made me feel a lot more disenfranchised from the club to the extent that I’m not sure I want to be part of it any more. Treating disabled, elderly & children in this way is simply despicable and I’m very angry with the club over this. They just don’t get it, and I guess they never will. 

Whilst on the pitch we’ve had a great season, I can’t say the same for off the pitch. My matchday experience has been regularly soured by the way we in the South Stand corner have been treated. I don’t particularly enjoy being surrounded by police and being stared at and filmed for 90 minutes whilst I am innocently trying to enjoy a football match. I don’t appreciate the fact that I always used to stand outside the Spanish bar with a beer but the police clamped down on that and don’t allow drinking outside on the pavement before the match. I don’t enjoy having to drive in from 20 miles away and having little parking options because the club & council can’t get their arses in gear to arrange a proper use of the pretty much empty park and ride facility 5 minutes walk away. It takes me an hour sometimes to get to Ashton and then another half hour finding somewhere to park. It’s frustrating and impinges on my matchday experience, particularly when there is a simple solution just over the road! 

Above all, I despise the way the club are treating our fans of the future and the more vulnerable / less well-off of our fanbase. It’s disgusting. 

As I said before, my ticket would be the same price, but to me that’s not important. I would have happily paid another 10% on my ticket if it meant the club didn’t rip off families who don’t want to be split up. 

They just don’t get it. I’ve got a 4 year old daughter who will now enjoy spending some more time with Daddy on a Saturday afternoon. I’ll still attend occasionally, but if the club think they’re having season ticket money from me in the next 2 weeks plus drinks money for 23 games per season, they can blow. 

Yes, the product being served is better than it’s been in many a year, but the customer experience is sour and the treatment of loyal supporters, kids, elderly & disabled is shocking. I’m out. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

My ticket in the South Stand has not changed in price but this whole episode has made me feel a lot more disenfranchised from the club to the extent that I’m not sure I want to be part of it any more. Treating disabled, elderly & children in this way is simply despicable and I’m very angry with the club over this. They just don’t get it, and I guess they never will. 

Whilst on the pitch we’ve had a great season, I can’t say the same for off the pitch. My matchday experience has been regularly soured by the way we in the South Stand corner have been treated. I don’t particularly enjoy being surrounded by police and being stared at and filmed for 90 minutes whilst I am innocently trying to enjoy a football match. I don’t appreciate the fact that I always used to stand outside the Spanish bar with a beer but the police clamped down on that and don’t allow drinking outside on the pavement before the match. I don’t enjoy having to drive in from 20 miles away and having little parking options because the club & council can’t get their arses in gear to arrange a proper use of the pretty much empty park and ride facility 5 minutes walk away. It takes me an hour sometimes to get to Ashton and then another half hour finding somewhere to park. It’s frustrating and impinges on my matchday experience, particularly when there is a simple solution just over the road! 

Above all, I despise the way the club are treating our fans of the future and the more vulnerable / less well-off of our fanbase. It’s disgusting. 

As I said before, my ticket would be the same price, but to me that’s not important. I would have happily paid another 10% on my ticket if it meant the club didn’t rip off families who don’t want to be split up. 

They just don’t get it. I’ve got a 4 year old daughter who will now enjoy spending some more time with Daddy on a Saturday afternoon. I’ll still attend occasionally, but if the club think they’re having season ticket money from me in the next 2 weeks plus drinks money for 23 games per season, they can blow. 

Yes, the product being served is better than it’s been in many a year, but the customer experience is sour and the treatment of loyal supporters, kids, elderly & disabled is shocking. I’m out. 

I’ve been made redundant of late . But I would preferred  a season ticket price rise for everyone. Rather than a select group. Frustrating times . And I hope something changes. Because when a football club starts losing supporters like you. It’s definitely ****** 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is what the club don't understand. The vast majority of fans, myself included just turn up, watch and leave. What the club are now doing is driving away fans such as yourself who have put in countless hours of your own time because you love BCFC that much. Your decision is one I respect and support 100%. 

Edit: Based on last night, I too made the decision not to renew. 

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Excellent post Harry. I have experienced and sympathize with everything you say. Can't realistically see myself renewing as 3 weeks to gather almost £400 without notice is impossible for me. Also my enjoyment has been sucked out as of late, so much so that my favorite part of a Saturday is meeting friends pre-game for a few Estrellas in the Spanish, rather than the game itself. I genuinely have more fun watching non-league Hellenic league football with cheap beer (which can be drank pitchside), cheap food, free car parking, and like minded people. 

Parking is also going to become a huge issue. The Council and Club are currently deciding on extending the RPZ to include 9-5 timing restrictions on a Saturday. As someone who travels a distance to games, I realistically won't be able to park near the stadium like I do now. Another reason not to attend.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Very well said Harry, the funny thing is this is very similar to many people I know feel about the upcoming season at Somerset Cricket, with many of us turning our backs on memberships (equivalent to a season ticket), seems to be a sad sign of the times that a supporter is no longer recognised as being an actual person but just a number on some spreadsheet now! 

There is a worrying trend growing around "OUR CLUB", sadly there are more and more of us feel like we are being distanced (priced out) of supporting the club we have put countless time, money and effort into supporting the past 35+ years. Clearly chasing the dream of the promised land is worth more to the likes of Ashton than looking after a fan base that have been here a long time and will be here (in different) ways a long time after his boat sales. . . 

Clearly not something @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can control, but ideally the level of discontent should be fed back to the upper levels of the club, if it wasn't for the decent season on the pitch I could imagine it would be a very hostile place to go at the moment

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was  disability pricing metioned at all  for the disabled 

Yes. It was mentioned by fans at length. Clubs response was tough shit, you're paying the same as everyone else, and the fact we have given you 3 weeks to find the money without any warning isn't our problem.

Worried it would come down to this. Much like Harry, WTTJ, and Anglo-Welsh, I'm teetering on the edge of not renewing. I've worried for a long time about the day BCFC no longer feels like BCFC.

The club can shove it right up their arse if they think I'm gonna sit nicely and renew. This is the path to more expensive season tickets and football being less affordable for everyone. I hope a club official reads this and beams with delight, I hope Ashton and his fellow spin merchants are happy with this.

From ultra gate, to police presence, to heavy handed stewarding, to stadium bans for over exuberance, to sanitisation of the match day experience, to this. I am genuinely seething.

Im sure Bristol Manor Farm, Mangos, Bristol Telephones, or even WSM would be more than happy with our custom. Dare I mention the idea of a fans club in the model of Thames Ironworks, AFC Liverpool, or FCUM?

I cannot contend with the thought of funding what BCFC has become.

Ugh.

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

I also will not be re-newing, I don’t get to see every home game anyhow due to work commitments but have always re-newed  through loyalty more than anything else so for me i’m out after over 20 years of being a season ticket holder, 

9 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I watched Man City play Borrusia Monchungladbach away stayed in cologne travelled from cologne on train price for match ticket and train fare combined thirteen pound fourty five mins on train bus picks you up at Railway station takes you to ground all included  Germany got it sussed

Just like how the U-Bahn station at Hertha Berlin Olympic stadium clears around 58,000fans in about half an hour of the end of match.

12 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Response from FAN and SC&T:

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1144-2/

That is a quality response. Retweet it, share it and tag whomever you think would be interested. The club loves social media and a few hundred(could be so much more) retweets and such would represent the fanbase much better. Not a dig at the 70 or so that went at all. Just saying social media is where the masses are heard more now.  

18 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Response from FAN and SC&T:

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1144-2/

Well done, great response. I’m also really impressed to see so many taking issue with this, even if they’re not impacted directly. It’s great that we as supporters haven’t just rolled over and taken this. We should continue to fight and find as many ways to protest in response as possible.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Worried it would come down to this. Much like Harry, WTTJ, and Anglo-Welsh, I'm teetering on the edge of not renewing. I've worried for a long time about the day BCFC no longer feels like BCFC.

The club can shove it right up their arse if they think I'm gonna sit nicely and renew. This is the path to more expensive season tickets and football being less affordable for everyone. I hope a club official reads this and beams with delight, I hope Ashton and his fellow spin merchants are happy with this.

From ultra gate, to police presence, to heavy handed stewarding, to stadium bans for over exuberance, to sanitisation of the match day experience, to this. I am genuinely seething.

Im sure Bristol Manor Farm, Mangos, Bristol Telephones, or even WSM would be more than happy with our custom. Dare I mention the idea of a fans club in the model of Thames Ironworks, AFC Liverpool, or FCUM?

I cannot contend with the thought of funding what BCFC has become.

Ugh.

Although I don't think there is anywhere near the number of City fans needed to start a new club, what I would be interested in is a group of non-renewing City fans picking a local non league side and supporting them for next season, and maybe beyond. The idea that we could potentially double (or better than double) the attendance of a non-league club, whilst still being united as 'exiled City fans' really appeals to me. The benefits are

1. Still get to go to football

2. Know that every penny you give to said club is valued and you are therefore valued

3. As a knock on make a huge difference to that club

4. A almost completely free space to create an atmosphere (and maybe use that platform to also protest against BCFC)

5. No Mark Ashton

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

I can't remember if it was MA or Gavin Marshall who said it, but it was said that there was an aim to move families to the family area.

This of course, as has been pointed out, would free up "prime" seats to generate more income.

They talked about "bench-marking" by looking at other Championship clubs and said we need to bring our prices more inline with the rest of the league as we were at the cheaper end of the scale at the moment. So this is only going to keep going in the same direction it seems to me.

They have to be a careful though in my view, as people will walk away if they feel they are being taken for a ride and/or don't feel they are getting reasonable value, especially with all the parking problems, which if the RPZ is extended will only get worse.

The club's whole argument seems to be based on this "freeing up the prime seats" theory.  But how many times is the Lansdown sold out anyway?  It's always the last area of the ground to sell out, and the new stadium has only sold out three times in its history - Birmingham when tickets were all £15, and the two Manchester games, which are rare high-profile occasions.

So, for any ordinary league game, anyone who wants to buy a prime seat, can.  And anyone who wants to buy a season ticket in the Lansdown, can.

So what advantage is it to "free up prime seats" when supply already exceeds demand for said seats?  It achieves nothing.  Granted, if we're in the PL next season that changes the scenario somewhat - but in reality, such marginal gains in income from ticket sales are lost in the noise compared the TV riches we would get anyway.  And the chances of us actually making it currently look to be about 1 in 10 anyway.

Is anyone able to argue against what I'm saying?  Have I missed something?  It appears to me this whole shambles is predicated on a flawed theory that wouldn't actually produce any more income anyway.

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Finance director, I believe. 

Cant say I’ve heard of him before. 

Anyone who was sat near me last night would have heard me uttering several swear words when he made the comment that “there are cheaper tickets in the ground if you move” he’s got a finance head on, and just doesn’t seem to get it’s not a case of “oh ok then, I’ll just move somewhere cheaper” it's the family you build up around you, the seats people have sat in for ages, with the same group of people etc.

Mark Ashton also made the comment that “he’s a football fan” er he might be, but when's the last time he had to pay for a season ticket? Or scrabble around to find the pennies to pay for one in a few weeks? People simply just don’t have hundreds of pounds sat lying around that they can put their hands on in a few weeks! 

13 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Although I don't think there is anywhere near the number of City fans needed to start a new club, what I would be interested in is a group of non-renewing City fans picking a local non league side and supporting them for next season, and maybe beyond. The idea that we could potentially double (or better than double) the attendance of a non-league club, whilst still being united as 'exiled City fans' really appeals to me. The benefits are

1. Still get to go to football

2. Know that every penny you give to said club is valued and you are therefore valued

3. As a knock on make a huge difference to that club

4. A almost completely free space to create an atmosphere (and maybe use that platform to also protest against BCFC)

5. No Mark Ashton

All very valid, important points, especially number 5.

Seriously though, I'm well up for this. In my view BMF are perfect for this. Local to a lot of people who are presumably priced out, very family oriented club, much cheaper, as well as making more of a difference to local community.

Honestly, I'd also be really interested in having somewhere to create a proper atmosphere again.

I'm well up for it if theres a group of people also willing. 

Archived