IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are they really picking up consistent results? I think that's a myth.

Boro / Sheffield U - 3 wins in last 6

Preston / Brentford - 2 wins in last 6

I wouldn't say they've "rallied". None of them are setting the world alight and neither are we.

In comparison to us I would say yes. We havent been the same since the Wolves game at home in the league.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Watching this just reminds me of how good Preston were defensively at AG. Can't see a way back for us tonight sadly. No away win in three months now.

Is it really that long? Bloody hell. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Doesn't help when having to comply with FFP, we're operating on a bottom half budget so more annoying is fans who say 'our owner is a multi billionaire ffs' expecting us to spend big.

FFP punishments are tiny in comparison. Loads of clubs are just taking the hit re that as/when needed. 

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've watched it 5 times and Mags could not let it run, I reckon it didn't have the speed to get back to FF quickly enough.  Mags was right to attempt to clear and had a good position for a volley clearance, he just mistimed his kick - honest (also a bit crap) mistake to make.

FF should never have come for it and stayed in his box and he would have stopped the guy from hitting the chip.

Yeah agree. I’ve watched it again a few times and frank wouldn’t of got there. Poor clearance from mags but rush of blood again from frank. 

Hes done that a few times and with the poor kicking does anyone think Steele deserves a chance. Just putting it out there 

Then he pulls off a save like that :clap:

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

FFP punishments are tiny in comparison. Loads of clubs are just taking the hit re that as/when needed. 

Okay so how about the fact we're trying to be sustainable? Lansdown doesn't want us relying on his money.

Great save from Frankie just now.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Doesn't help when having to comply with FFP, we're operating on a bottom half budget so more annoying is fans who say 'our owner is a multi billionaire ffs' expecting us to spend big.

It’s a nonsense in the Championship, I have said since FFP started, every club in the Championship should be able to invest whatever the highest parachute payment is, before FFP starts.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fulham would probably be paying £25-30k of that. It’s only a 5 month loan so personally don’t think location would have a huge baring on things. 

I’d imagine Diony isn’t far off £10-12k a week. He hasn’t impacted a single game he’s touched. Mitrovic has single handidly taken games and won them for Fulham. 

As I said before, that’s the difference. 

Wages of Diony & Woodrow & you’re probably close to what Fulham are paying for him. 

Really grates me when people say “we don’t have the money” to do X, Y, & Z. Our owner is a multi billionaire ffs. We’re Bristol City as a top 7 championship team not Burton Albion. 

We are not paying wages that high though, that's the problem with your theory.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It’s a nonsense in the Championship, I have said since FFP started, every club in the Championship should be able to invest whatever the highest parachute payment is, before FFP starts.

Remove parachute payments.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yeah agree. I’ve watched it again a few times and frank wouldn’t of got there. Poor clearance from mags but rush of blood again from frank. 

Hes done that a few times and with the poor kicking does anyone think Steele deserves a chance. Just putting it out there 

Steele has his own weaknesses, often doesn't hold shots/crosses and parries them out into potential danger, imo they're pretty much the same standard and will only swap over if Frankie goes on a very poor run. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We are not paying wages that high though, that's the problem with your theory.

That’s not the problem with it - that’s the whole point of it. 

Cant expect to spend less on lesser quality, and others spend more on greater quality, and think that we will still be able to keep up  

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

How is it we've gone from knocking the ball around so comfortably on Saturday to not even being able to control it today? I understand this is a better opponent and we are away but the difference is ridiculous! 

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head be fair. Standard of opposition if far better today. You cant read to much into saturdays result...or performance

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

That’s not the problem with it - that’s the whole point of it. 

Cant expect to spend less on lesser quality, and others spend more on greater quality, and think that we will still be able to keep up  

Look what happened last time we tried chucking big wages around in this division, we have a structure now which has seen us to where we are.

Archived