IGNORED

Under 23 game today

Super

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Jens started the season reasonably well.  He’s not Flint, nor Baker, so people ignore what he brought to the team.  Of course he has his weaknesses too.

How about as a sweeper in a back 3 ? He has technical ability and a pass, plus he looks to bring the ball out on occasion.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

How about as a sweeper in a back 3 ? He has technical ability and a pass, plus he looks to bring the ball out on occasion.

Yep, he started his City career as RCB in a back 3....and looked classy, prompting me to think he would be great further forward....but unfortunately as a two he struggled.  Think if we played a central three, he’d be fine.

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone stand out?

I'm quite impressed with all of them! Everyone looks comfy on the ball. I particularly like Opi Edwards, lightning quick, good control, scored a cracker when he slalomed through their defence.

Rory Holden is impressive and I think George Nurse on the left looks good when he's pushed up as a wing back.

I've only seen Bakinson once but he looks to have something about him as does James Morten in central midfield. Baldwin and Smith in central defence look solid and the keepers I've seen are promising.

Semenyo came on for the last 25 and looks strong and skilful, he turned and hit a terrific left foot volley, a great bit of strength and skil.

I'm pretty hopeful that several of the lads will make it through to first team football, hopefully with us! That was the third u23s game I've seen in the last couple of weeks and I've really enjoyed them all. I'd recommend it to everybody.

22 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I was at the game, neither Jens or Milan are ready for first team yet.

Milan is in Bobby Reid’s Instagram story with some of the others so guessing he will be in the squad tomorrow, presumably on the bench. Good to have him back involved.

Archived