IGNORED

This is it today.

barneyrubble

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

And you know the budget do you? You seem to think SL will splash the cash like Sheik Mansour

Just seems critisise the Legendary Lee Johnson who most fans booed when he played for us and last season was almost hounded out by almost everyone is a major no no on here! Wake up and smell the coffee. It's another example of failure. 2 wins in 15!!! 2nd to 7th! Not good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously not......but had LJ gone to SL saying that he needed to bring in a RB then it would have happened.

If they could find the right one.

But with Piano close to a return and Wright having provided solid cover, I can understand why it may not have been the top priority.

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

And you know the budget do you? You seem to think SL will splash the cash like Sheik Mansour

well then we have to accept we will never go up. 

Promotion these days cant be done on the cheap and unless your willing to invest a bit of cash, you wont be able to bring in the quality to see a season through

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Just seems critisise the Legendary Lee Johnson who most fans booed when he played for us and last season was almost hounded out by almost everyone is a major no no on here! Wake up and smell the coffee. It's another example of failure. 2 wins in 15!!! 2nd to 7th! Not good enough. 

You clearly swerved the question...you have no idea of our budget, no idea about the financial restraints we may be working under, and given you’re posting history no idea about most things.

All you see is SL is a billionaire and that means we go out and buy whoever we want.

utterly simple.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Promotion these days cant be done on the cheap and unless your willing to invest a bit of cash, you wont be able to bring in the quality to see a season through

I don't think we will ever reach the PL in the Landsdown era. You need to be ruthless as a board and we seem to accept second best. We don't push the boat out and we also have a manager who is more protected than Arsene Wenger

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Totally agreed. Apart from Brownhill, COD (jury still out), Diedhiou, Paterson and hmmmm I don't include Baker as he was a Burt/SC moment of excellence....our signings for the money spent have been average. 

Would you not include Pisano as a good signing? Steele as a good back up keeper? & I’m not quite sure how Baker is not the current regimes signing, as they would of had to convince him to sign. Taylor has been hampered with injuries, but a no brainer at 300k, but that one pass imo pays that! Wright has been a good signing at a good price. Magnússon who although has his moments, has the ability to come good. But I would agree on Kent, has ability but not a footballers brain ( but still young ), Diony looks totally void of confidence & almost trying to hard. Engvall is a strange one I would agree, but I do agree that if he came through the ranks & doing the same, there would be less of a spotlight on him. But he didn’t & that’s football. COYR 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

What are you on about?

how do you know what our budget will be next year?

Sweeping assumptions

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

You clearly swerved the question...you have no idea of our budget, no idea about the financial restraints we may be working under, and given you’re posting history no idea about most things.

All you see is SL is a billionaire and that means we go out and buy whoever we want.

utterly simple.

I have more of an idea than most. Look at the money we have spent. On bang average players some of whom are on loan with Daddy. I am sure Alex Neil would love that kind of luxury. 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Would you not include Pisano as a good signing? Steele as a good back up keeper? & I’m not quite sure how Baker is not the current regimes signing, as they would of had to convince him to sign. Taylor has been hampered with injuries, but a no brainer at 300k, but that one pass imo pays that! Wright has been a good signing at a good price. Magnússon who although has his moments, has the ability to come good. But I would agree on Kent, has ability but not a footballers brain ( but still young ), Diony looks totally void of confidence & almost trying to hard. Engvall is a strange one I would agree, but I do agree that if he came through the ranks & doing the same, there would be less of a spotlight on him. But he didn’t & that’s football. COYR 

Pisano has played less than 10 games. Another player like Djuric who cost us a lot in wages no doubt and injury prone. Hard to judge those two. 

51 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I said in December let's not make the same mistakes as 2008. Arguably we made worse decisions. At least Carle and Adebola were effective in some games. Our Jan signings were woeful this year. All three. 

I agree that January was disappointing. I find Kent infuriating and Diony, I’m afraid, looks like someone who’s won a competition to have a go at being a footballer. He’s been comically bad. 

I do think it’s very harsh to describe Walsh as a ‘woeful’ signing though. It’s probably too early for him for this season, which may be what you mean, but to me he looks like he could be a great signing in years to come. 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It was. Performances and results have proved it and will continue to prove it

Please dont sit there and try to belittle me and others by trying to make out you have a 'superior knowledge' of football to everyone else And stop acting like you can 'see a bigger picture' that no one else can see. 

I put it to you...next season....we will not come close to the play offs. Wait and see

And this is the way it goes,and why in January we should have attempted to recruit the type of player to take advantage of the fantastic shape we were in.we didn't.

You have to,in life,grab opportunity when it presents,'go for it today as tomorrow may not be smiling.

3 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

10 years ago today we were top the championship and on our way to the premier league. A lot can change between now and the end of the season

Indeed. I remember coming away from Charlton in March/April convinced we were up. Plymouth at home grrrrrrr

12 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

But with Piano close to a return and Wright having provided solid cover, I can understand why it may not have been the top priority.

Absolutely right but this kind of reasoned thinking is lost on lots of posters who would rather slag the club off for whatever reason.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Anyone else enjoying this season?

Up to the end of December it was great, on a high, since then it’s been a downhill slide, if this continues it will be a real season of two halves and difficult to simply express as a season, but there is time to change things round, so fingers crossed, but sadly more in hope than anticipation.

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

What are you on about?

how do you know what our budget will be next year?

Sweeping assumptions

I was referring to your comment about SL not splashing the cash. I was simply saying that if our January budget and subsequent signings are a sign of things to come, we will never reach the Prem. 

14 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I have more of an idea than most. Look at the money we have spent. On bang average players some of whom are on loan with Daddy. I am sure Alex Neil would love that kind of luxury. 

Always questioned this myself. 

Are these players going to Cheltenham because it's their best option?

Are they **** is what my brain tells me. Seems a way just to help his old man out... Wrong in so many ways IMO. 

I have a strange feeling LJ will try some strange formation with either Brownhill as RWB or Smith RB, even thou Pisano should be able to handle 60-75min and Kelly should be trusted to play. Either that or we could see Baldwin or even Hegeler come in at CB and push Maggers to left back. Even thou theoretically I don’t see an issue with (left to right) Kelly, Magnussen, Wright and Pisano against Burton. 

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It was. Performances and results have proved it and will continue to prove it

Please dont sit there and try to belittle me and others by trying to make out you have a 'superior knowledge' of football to everyone else And stop acting like you can 'see a bigger picture' that no one else can see. 

I put it to you...next season....we will not come close to the play offs. Wait and see

I and several others understand what SLs long term strategy/philosophy is all about but some others don't understand it and post stuff on here that contradicts said strategy and take umbrage when that fact is pointed out.

49 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Pisano wasn't close to a return on 1 January. With our auto promotion hopes wobbling and now our play off hopes hanging by a thread Pisano still isn't fully integrated back into the the team. It's March 10 and there's only 10 games of the season left.

It was 100% a priority to sign a right back but let's face it, LJ didn't want the dilemma of having to drop either Wright (his club captain) or Flint.

44 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Well it was! Why can't people accept that the board took the cheap option again! 

You think the Board should have thrown mega bucks at getting us promotion this season?  That would have been a big mistake.  Far better to continue to build a squad that one day might be able to STAY in the premier league.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I and several others understand what SLs long term strategy/philosophy is all about but some others don't understand it and post stuff on here that contradicts said strategy and take umbrage when that fact is pointed out.

SL's long term strategy? Hes been at the helm of this club for 15 years. How long is his strategy?

All joking aside. Neither one of us has a crystal ball...but history says to me you are extremely naive if you think that the club have finally nailed it and are doing it the right way.

We have a small time mentality.

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You think the Board should have thrown mega bucks at getting us promotion this season?  That would have been a big mistake.  Far better to continue to build a squad that one day might be able to STAY in the premier league.

This is our 3rd season at this level. How many more years do you want? 

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

SL's long term strategy? Hes been at the helm of this club for 15 years. How long is his strategy?

All joking aside. Neither one of us has a crystal ball...but history says to me you are extremely naive if you think that the club have finally nailed it and are doing it the right way.

We have a small time mentality.

I’ve seen signs in the past two seasons of something completely different happening and it seems we have learned from the successes of teams like Southampton Swansea and perhaps Brighton.  We are building for the future rather than the present and that, for me, means we are getting it right at last.  Getting promoted too early might be as bad for us as not getting promoted at all.  The aim is to get there and stay there, and I think we will be in a better position to do that next season.

in any case, whatever happens it will have been a fantastic season, and one I won’t forget.  I’ve been watching City since the sixties, and this season is right up there with the best in terms of enjoyment.

Archived