IGNORED

Yes, The January Transfer Window - The Proven Striker

Davefevs

39 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's what I'm saying, he needed games, and even if he could play right back, it made more sense for him to go out on loan to get that experience.

The failure to sign a right back is a glaring omission, but I assume we were in for someone at some point.

Never assume . It makes an ' ass ' out of ' u ' and ' me '.

Some interesting points in this thread regarding the full backs and Diony. For me one of the biggest problems has been the loss of COD and the way we have had to change as a team. With COD in front of Bryan we are much more able to hassle and hurry the opposition down that side. Likewise, Brownhill in front of Pisano strikes me as being fairly solid. With these two in the side our team together plays very differently than with Wright and Magnússon occupying these positions. Joe Bryan being pushed forward on the left doesn't work for me either, as his pressing and tracking back are both far too inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We've needed cover at right back since before the season even started . 

I don't buy your argument I'm afraid. 

Agree but the decision in January was based on flint and baker being the CB pairing and Wright decent at RB, albeit exposed at times, with Pisano to return shortly. Maybe they thought they had enough. I don’t agree with the decision but there we go

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I don't disagree with you. It just seems like the science of your post isn't quite right

Making the case that since the transfer window ended our 2 guys have scored plenty, and no worse than any of the so-called proven strikers who would’ve cost us money have.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's what I'm saying, he needed games, and even if he could play right back, it made more sense for him to go out on loan to get that experience.

The failure to sign a right back is a glaring omission, but I assume we were in for someone at some point.

It only made sense because our manager didn't trust him.  He got away with moving Smith there when Wright was suspended.  Viner should only have gone when we secured someone instead. Major error

Archived