IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson

Wolf Island

Come on Lee give him some game time instead of feathering Liverpool’s nest by developing that thuggish show pony. 

Games til the end of the season would suit his line-busting man-beating runs and pinpoint crosses. 

And if we don’t go up he’ll be all the more Championship ready for next season. 

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Could it be that Kent has to start like Abraham?

Seems common knowledge there is a penalty clause if Kent isn’t involved for a certain percentage of the games.

Expect him to make a lot of late sub appearances over the last few months of the season therefore...

He isn’t starting at present though so is hardly the reason that Eliasson isn’t.

He’s a bit inconsistent and to me has done little so far to justify a starting spot.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seems common knowledge there is a penalty clause if Kent isn’t involved for a certain percentage of the games.

Expect him to make a lot of late sub appearances over the last few months of the season therefore...

He isn’t starting at present though so is hardly the reason that Eliasson isn’t.

He’s a bit inconsistent and to me has done little so far to justify a starting spot.

I guess the players new about this because they have been told not to be upset

12 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I like what I've seen of Eliasson, however this season for him is all about getting used to English footy. He has some skills but like Bolasie before him is raw as  and will hoepfully develop

I like what ive seen of him but It must be hard to get used to english football when you don't get to play it.

3 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Yes, it really is. Year on year improvements. Players who were bit parts last year now key. 

Who?

#BristolCity v Burton: Fielding, Pisano, Wright, Baker, Kelly, Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Paterson, Diédhiou, Reid.

Need to get tried & tested not Swedish teens

3 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Come on Lee give him some game time instead of feathering Liverpool’s nest by developing that thuggish show pony. 

Games til the end of the season would suit his line-busting man-beating runs and pinpoint crosses. 

And if we don’t go up he’ll be all the more Championship ready for next season. 

I think Kent is shite and have said as much since the day he signed but what the **** are you on about labelling him a thug? 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well bearing in mind that Diony was LJ's first choice striker signing in the summer, ahead of Diedhiou, where does that leave our mighty leader in his signing?

just shows we have uncle Pete back on board i guess 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

So what is your point? Johnson should start Eliasson?

My point is incredibly simple, he should start ahead of Kent, Kent is not our player and hopefully never will be, his signing was totally unnecessary, we have our player and he needs game time, as I said earlier he must be ruing the day he came to BCFC.

Kent in a 4-3-3 would be better IMO.

You'd have to drop Diedhiou but something like...

Brownhill Smith Pack

Kent Paterson

Reid

Would give unpredictability...both can pull wide, both can come inside- yes Kent can, despite the fact we have played him more of an orthodox winger...

The 3 in midfield would also allow us to give Kent and Paterson more license because if the ball is lost, a 3 have a better chance of winning it back than a 2. Plus, with the ability of Kent and Paterson to come inside, we have the potential to overload and dominate most sides in this League centrally. Kent and Paterson as inside forwards...with Reid of course leading the line.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

My point is incredibly simple, he should start ahead of Kent, Kent is not our player and hopefully never will be, his signing was totally unnecessary, we have our player and he needs game time, as I said earlier he must be ruing the day he came to BCFC.

i agree with this our players should be a priority 

How can he start in front of a player that doesn't get in our team?

Sorry you've completely lost me.

Since his arrival how many starts has Kent had compared to Eliasson? and how many sub appearances has Kent made compared to Eliasson?, it was an unnecessary signing of a player who gets greedier every time he plays.

I've been saying for months that we should be playing 4-3-3/4-1-4-1. We did so against Fulham and we looked solid and created chances. I really think Johnson should look at that game and realise that if we play that way every game, then we have a much better chance of winning. I would have Diedhiou up there though. And we have the perfect player to come in for Diedhiou in Djuric. Both strikers are ideal for the lone role.

Yeah, true. Diedhiou is and has been in good form and is undoubtedly an asset- I just have reservations about this 4-4-2 with Brownhill and Paterson out wide, but also able to come inside.

I really like the idea of 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 in particlar. agreed. Problem is, who do we drop though? Or is it a case of take Reid behind Diedhiou or Djuric?

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

4-4-2 has not worked much at all since christmas. We are being outnumbered in midfield in many games. Teams have worked out how to play against us, and we have a great plan B, that Johnson won't go back to for some reason. 

I'd have the Fulham type line up. With Diedhiou up top and Reid with one other behind. Djuric is much more effective off the bench imo

Agreed fully.

Fulham's form is incredible...a run of games we all thought might derail them, they have passed with A* IMO. One game they didn't win in that run? At us. With us in the very setup you describe.

Archived