IGNORED

West Ham

RedLionLad

There is a clear difference between understanding the reasons for the protest and frustration and the events of yesterday.

The board have lost the confidence of the fans. The fans don't feel connected with the club. The former ground is now allotments. They (the fans) were given a whole new logo they didn't want. They aren't any longer part of the Green Street scene. The fans were promised a shot at European football when they moved to Stratford....and they are well short of that. Catering is available.... at an extraordinary price.

One banner I saw on MOTD said it all. "Some people create their own storms, then get surprised when it rains".  That banner sums it up to me

14 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Look at the relegation season & Sod season they were bleak days & they did nothing to appease the fans or apologise here.

they cost the fans a lot of money

And as with the 'furore here..........there is no gun to anyone's head forcing money to be handed over.people are choosing to buy tickets,food,drink,merchandise of their own free will..........

Plenty of options to limit what's given to a club for any supporter.....

I dont know about now, but living within West Ham/Spurs terrority, when they moved to Stratford the season ticket prices were ridiculously cheap, so a lot of people were starting to go whether they were West Ham Supporters or not.

Stewarding doesn't help as mentioned above, as they are all employed by the stadium management company who have little to no experience of football supporters. Add this to the fact that there are/were so many who werent that worried about the club they were watching (due to cheap prices), it was always going to happen.

Do have to say though, not all Hammers supporters are morons (also implied elsewhere on the thread), as I know a fair few due to location etc. It's a bit like saying all City supporters are troublemakers...

13 hours ago, In the Net said:

Brady and co won't pay for them to be inside the ground.  Stewards are provided by the stadium management company, so do not have a great deal of experience at football matches - pitch invaders dream! 

Jeff Stelling looked at his screen and said he could only see two Stewards in the entire ground.

WHU have a history of lenient punishments though. Remember the Tevez affair? They hadn't properly signed him, but he scored a load of goals that got West Ham out of the bottom three - just. The normal punishment for the illegible player rule is a points deduction. For some reason the Hammers were fined £4 million and stayed in the Prem and picked up £7 million that season. :facepalm:. That final relegation spot was filled by Neil Warnock's Sheffield United. For once, I sympathised with him.

31 minutes ago, 22A said:

Jeff Stelling looked at his screen and said he could only see two Stewards in the entire ground.

WHU have a history of lenient punishments though. Remember the Tevez affair? They hadn't properly signed him, but he scored a load of goals that got West Ham out of the bottom three - just. The normal punishment for the illegible player rule is a points deduction. For some reason the Hammers were fined £4 million and stayed in the Prem and picked up £7 million that season. :facepalm:. That final relegation spot was filled by Neil Warnock's Sheffield United. For once, I sympathised with him.

The FA bosses can't spend a points deduction on expenses/holidays. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Not to mention their pathetic 'punishment' when Sakho was fielded against us and scored the winning goal. They should have been chucked out of the competition for that

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

He's got a point hasn't he.

There was a very interesting interview in yesterday's Times with Julian Dicks lamenting the sanitisation of football in particular West Ham and the lack of passion shown by some modern footballers.

The money in football benefits everybody - the players, especially the players of course, but also the Ashton's of this world earning a living by adding another management layer, the agents, the Sky TV executives, the football club owners with big egos, the Bristol Sport type bureaucracy, and all the other hangers on - EXCEPT a certain type of fan.

The money has helped some clubs finance shiny new stadiums but there is a certain type of fan that would rather have their identity and tradition. Those fans would be there if players were paid 10% of what they get now, if the stadiums were Upton Park and Highbury rather than London Stadium and Emirates, and if their team was in League One rather than the Premiership. Those fans have not benefited, they have lost, and so the owners of West Ham shouldn't be surprised to see what is going on there.

16 hours ago, Cider Army said:

Spot on !! Football is slowly killing itself ..Fans are now expected to pay above the odds,Sorry owners and players(wages) have to take responsibility..but factors above this fa etc and sky need to take a hard long look at our game..I know if west ham was my supported club I would be very p***ed off!!

Fair enough but make your point in another way rather than ruin an afternoon for fans that have spent decent money to watch a football match. Selfish morons.

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

As the bloke said if they were top five chasing Europe no one would be protesting. 

As a bloke who has been there and threatened more times than I can remember been charged by nutters trying to smash down barriers and generally been the target of bottles coins Et al. I hope Upton Park is turned into anything else but a football stadium. 

As for today. Utter toss. Pitch invasion my ass. A few blokes pissed off with losing every week and being stuffed by BURNLEY at home got on the pitch. So what. Fingers crossed they get a six point deduction and get relegated. 

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Let's remember their behaviour when Man United last visited Upton Park. Their mentality isn't entirely driven by what we're seeing this season. They were already animals. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43362861

Sweet Irony.....Only one coin though!

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Fair enough but make your point in another way rather than ruin an afternoon for fans that have spent decent money to watch a football match. Selfish morons.

Think it was already ruined when they got pumped by Burnley.

Anyone who’s day was ruined by a handful of people running on to the pitch hasn’t got that much to worry about, in the grand scheme of things.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone who’s day was ruined by a handful of people running on to the pitch hasn’t got that much to worry about, in the grand scheme of things.

Just a pathetic effort all round. Embarrassing on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bollycocks. Some bloke has maybe spent £100 plus to take himself and 2 kids to watch football. Do they really want to see a few knobs interrupt their day out by running on the pitch to plant a corner fĺag in the centre circle. What exactly have said knobs achieved ? Sweet FA is the answer. There are orther ways to show your frustration in the grand scheme of things like stay at home and kick the cat !

I am surprised at Motson's claim it was the scariest he had has seen at a football ground.

70's, 80's, even 15-20 years ago and certainly before, varied grounds, while not much like the past, still had a certain edge. So, given his vast experience as a commentator, and him having been to many many matches- well...it's interesting.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I am surprised at Motson's claim it was the scariest he had has seen at a football ground.

70's, 80's, even 15-20 years ago and certainly before, varied grounds, while not much like the past, still had a certain edge. So, given his vast experience as a commentator, and him having been to many many matches- well...it's interesting.

I'm baffled by the whole thing. The horror being expressed is really at odds with what actually happened - a steward got pushed over (not attacked), an ugly bloke waved a corner flag; then there's the Jesus look-a-like on the field, a candidate for the unscariest bloke in the history of hooliganism. Otherwise lots of people booing the side and singing sack the board while congregated under the directors box - it's hardly the storming of the Bastille is it. Then you have the picture of a couple of kids sat on the Burnley bench - they're not in tears, they're calmly watching the game.  Some on here have jumped to their own conclusions before actually bothering to look deeper into the detail. Sky, Lineker and The Guardian say it's terrible, and they've parroted that opinion.

West Ham's heritage is under threat, fair play to those who've had enough. I like to think in a similar position we would also be in arms - but reading the thoughts of some posters i fear perhaps we wouldn't. 

We had a recent thread on here slamming Cardiff for not doing enough when Tan started going bonkers with his red obsession, etc., and yet the same people are battering West Ham for having the nerve to stand up and be counted. The double standards are staggering. Maybe there are better methods West Ham's supporters can use, but they've certainly given the board food for thought with their expression of anger on Sat. 

We're lucky we have Lansdown who seems to genuinely have the club at heart. But who knows what might happen in the future to us. The future of football is scary, and its us, the fans, who will be shafted. 

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

I'm baffled by the whole thing. The horror being expressed is really at odds with what actually happened - a steward got pushed over (not attacked), an ugly bloke waved a corner flag; then there's the Jesus look-a-like on the field, a candidate for the unscariest bloke in the history of hooliganism. Otherwise lots of people booing the side and singing sack the board while congregated under the directors box - it's hardly the storming of the Bastille is it. Then you have the picture of a couple of kids sat on the Burnley bench - they're not in tears, they're calmly watching the game.  Some on here have jumped to their own conclusions before actually bothering to look deeper into the detail. Sky, Lineker and The Guardian say it's terrible, and they've parroted that opinion.

West Ham's heritage is under threat, fair play to those who've had enough. I like to think in a similar position we would also be in arms - but reading the thoughts of some posters i fear perhaps we wouldn't. 

We had a recent thread on here slamming Cardiff for not doing enough when Tan started going bonkers with his red obsession, etc., and yet the same people are battering West Ham for having the nerve to stand up and be counted. The double standards are staggering. Maybe there are better methods West Ham's supporters can use, but they've certainly given the board food for thought with their expression of anger on Sat. 

We're lucky we have Lansdown who seems to genuinely have the club at heart. But who knows what might happen in the future to us. The future of football is scary, and its us, the fans, who will be shafted. 

I entirely agree that it's been completely blown out of proportion but I can imagine when all the fighting broke out between the fans in the stand (which you neglected to mention) any younger kids may have been frightened.

9 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Coins thrown I read, that's not good. Steward pushed over, a female one isn't good but it can happen when there's disorder and people seemingly losing control- hopefully she's okay.

If there were assaults, they will be and will need to be investigated.

Not just Sky, Lineker and Guardian tbh- most media come down pretty strongly on it. Perhaps they are taking, following the lead of the 3 aforementioned outlets/individuals. 

Beyond that, I agree with much of your post. Massive double standards at play as you rightly say, and yeah the future of football- and particularly how it's going over here IS scary and looks bleak for a lot of fans, and a time will come when we see more direct action.

I don't like West Ham in any shape or form, and certainly don't condone violence, but I for one say fair play for people taking a stand against the corporate style that's killing modern football. It might not be the 'right' way of doing it, but it's the only way to properly grab the media (& boards attention). It's now national news with everyone, mainly journalists, talking about the state of the game today.

As for 'organised' protests and marches, these clearly don't work (look at the 'Glazer Out' scenario at Man Utd a few years back).

Look closer to home at our own club. The recent ST announcements have led many, myself included, choosing not to renew.

West Ham have bent over and taken this new ground nonsense from Gold, Sullivan and Brady lying down for too long

DX9lDBYWkAEaTnG.thumb.jpeg.e00185b4ba50a203f48d923124cf632b.jpeg

This is no way to treat your fanbase/customers, and I'm saddened to see one of their players mucking in. As it were.

No way would we take that lying down.

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

West Ham have bent over and taken this new ground nonsense from Gold, Sullivan and Brady lying down for too long

This is no way to treat your fanbase/customers, and I'm saddened to see one of their players mucking in. As it were.

Perfect way to treat the moron. At least he won't be going onto that pitch again. Full credit to Mark Noble.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Just a reminder to City fans to get to your doctor this week/month and check your prostate is healthy. Do it today.

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Reminds me of this image..... :laughcont:

images.jpg

Archived