IGNORED

Pathetic

Curr Avon

The team aiming for the play-offs dragged themselves down to the level of relegation fodder.

City were truly awful and a season that promised a top six finish is ebbing towards mid table mediocrity.

Mark Ashton must be scouting on Instagram and has failed Lee Johnson, the club and fans with poor signings in January.

Walsh and Kent are players that need a pre season and Diony looks like a booby prize in a raffle. 

Today, the music died. 

I was there. 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Ashton and Johnson are overrated. But they ain't going anywhere. 

I'm no longer sure what the philosophy is.

It's been absent for so long that I'm not confident that.. 

A) Johnson knows why it works when it works or

B) why it doesn't work when it doesn't.  Hence we can't arrest the slump. 

Still, I'm glad we ain't going up. That would rip the soul out even more imo. 

17 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The team aiming for the play-offs dragged themselves down to the level of relegation fodder.

City were truly awful and a season that promised a top six finish is ebbing towards mid table mediocrity.

Mark Ashton must be scouting on Instagram and has failed Lee Johnson, the club and fans with poor signings in January.

Walsh and Kent are players that need a pre season and Diony looks like a booby prize in a raffle. 

Today, the music died. 

I was there. 

Mark Ashton isn’t the scout.

Walsh is battling with Pack and Smith, tough pair to force your way past.

Kent won’t get a pre-season here, he’ll be somewhere else

Diony has disappointed me after the brief promise he showed v QPR.

We were poor again today, no one can disagree with that.  Johnson needs to find the reason.  Whatever he said after PNE, we weren’t great there either.  Home form is ok, away from home we’ve become a soft touch again.

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Ashton is a perfectly polished penguin who has failed us. Lee has small group of quality players, the rest are pants. 

Were you saying this when we were flying earlier in the season? And who are quality and who are pants in your view? 

I don’t think we’re far off being a good side at this level. Injuries, fatigue, and lack of depth are what’s cost us imo. 

14 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Were you saying this when we were flying earlier in the season? And who are quality and who are pants in your view? 

I don’t think we’re far off being a good side at this level. Injuries, fatigue, and lack of depth are what’s cost us imo. 

Our stand out players were players who were here before Johnson was. Kind of says it all doesn't it? Pack, Flint, Smith, Bryan, Reid? So that's nearly half the team?  Which one of those are going to stay in the summer? Do you trust Ashton and Co to replace them? I'm not so sure.

50 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Today, the music died. 

I was there. 

Yet on the radio recently you said we were nailed on for the play offs!!!

which is it?

Sanchez is being paid half a million a year but has been awful for Man U after playing 5 or 6 full games Diony has played a few games as sub and has been awful but for some reason Johnson and Ashton getting slated for the LOAN signing.   Transfers are always a gamble. Looks a good fit and it either doesn’t work out or it takes time to adapt.  Diedhiou was poor when he started as was Kodja.  Calm down guys and look beyond the obvious 

34 minutes ago, Jacki said:

At this level, I think the things that we are not good at (seeing games out, the dark arts, etc) take you a lot further than the things that we are good at (pretty one-touch football, in patches). Our pressing game looked great at times, but we can’t sustain it over 90 mins and I think teams worked that out long ago. 

13 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Sanchez is being paid half a million a year but has been awful for Man U after playing 5 or 6 full games Diony has played a few games as sub and has been awful but for some reason Johnson and Ashton getting slated for the LOAN signing.   Transfers are always a gamble. Looks a good fit and it either doesn’t work out or it takes time to adapt.  Diedhiou was poor when he started as was Kodja.  Calm down guys and look beyond the obvious 

Sanchez is on 500k a week not per year.

Who else is responsible for the loan signings IF NOT Ashton and Johnson? 

17 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Sanchez is being paid half a million a week but has been awful for Man U after playing 5 or 6 full games Diony has played a few games as sub and has been awful but for some reason Johnson and Ashton getting slated for the LOAN signing.   Transfers are always a gamble. Looks a good fit and it either doesn’t work out or it takes time to adapt.  Diedhiou was poor when he started as was Kodja.  Calm down guys and look beyond the obvious 

Have changed that for you :-)

22 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Sanchez is on 500k a week not per year.

Who else is responsible for the loan signings IF NOT Ashton and Johnson? 

I’m not saying they are not responsible, I’m just saying every loan or transfer is a gamble and my point with sanchez is that the biggest manager from the biggest club have brought one of the best players from the same league paying him the biggest wage and at the mo he looks awful.    It takes time to settle even for a player that is used to the prem  so with Diony it will take time to see if he is any good.  They will know that by how is in training.   YOU won’t be able to tell by watching him for twenty minutes here and there 

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Ashton has failed. The best chance of Premier League football for a decade has been let down by poor signings. 

There are businessmen and there are football men. 

He certainly isn't both. 

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I’m not saying they are not responsible, I’m just saying every loan or transfer is a gamble and my point with sanchez is that the biggest manager from the biggest club have brought one of the best players from the same league paying him the biggest wage and at the mo he looks awful.    It takes time to settle even for a player that is used to the prem  so with Diony it will take time to see if he is any good.  They will know that by how is in training.   YOU won’t be able to tell by watching him for twenty minutes here and there 

I've already questioned what is going on during the week at Fail and in another thread. Seems to me a fair few could do with going in tomorrow! Passing, shooting, clearances, set plays, tackling (not bottling) to name a few to begin with... 

Archived