IGNORED

Positives from this afternoon

Major Isewater

A disappointing day in many ways but just let's remember that of our preferred back 4 of Pisano, Flint, Baker and Bryan that two were suspended and two were lacking match practice/fitness. That's all 4 positions badly affected. Under the circmstances a clean sheet is an achievement. 

Well said major...I'll add, lost only 9 all season, just 3 more than Wolves, and 17 places better than others in this league, of which many have far more experience, finance etc.

5th youngest squad in the league, young manager still learning and trying to get our Academy players a pathway to the first team.

Anyone would think we were near a relegation spot reading this forum.

Imagine if we had spent as much as Birmingham and had their owners and manager...actually I get the feeling some would be happy :laugh:

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Well said major...I'll add, lost only 9 all season, just 3 more than Wolves, and 17 places better than others in this league, of which many have far more experience, finance etc.

5th youngest squad in the league, young manager still learning and trying to get our Academy players a pathway to the first team.

Anyone would think we were near a relegation spot reading this forum.

Imagine if we had spent as much as Birmingham and had their owners and manager...actually I get the feeling some would be happy :laugh:

Wolves have the youngest squad and Cardiff have spent half what we have and signing players on loan like Woodrow Kent and diony are stopping academy players coming through some would say

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Wolves have the youngest squad and Cardiff have spent half what we have and signing players on loan like Woodrow Kent and diony are stopping academy players coming through some would say

Cardiff spent half what we have? They spent £6m on Madine alone. 

Main positive for me is I’m on the train home with a beer and away from the so called supporters stood behind me who moaned throughout. 

Not denying anyone the right to turn up and behave as they want but was it really necessary to call Marlon Pack a w!!*ker half way through the 2nd half? 

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

How long have Cardiff had a Championship squad and Prem players?

How long have City been in this league and had to buy players in to compete from a league 1 squad.

Have a look at Wolves, their spending, Mendes, loans etc.

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Main positive for me is I’m on the train home with a beer and away from the so called supporters stood behind me who moaned throughout. 

Not denying anyone the right to turn up and behave as they want but was it really necessary to call Marlon Pack a w!!*ker half way through the 2nd half? 

We big ourselves up but we do have some shocking fans at this club.

7 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Yeah they should never have waited that long (joke)

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Pisano is back , was immense and showed what we were missing with BW covering.

Djuric is back ,

We got a point away from home.

We didn't concede.

We're still only three points off a top six place.

Kelly got 90 mins and looks a talent.

You left out another positive, LJ not bringing on Kent.

28 minutes ago, Calculus said:

A disappointing day in many ways but just let's remember that of our preferred back 4 of Pisano, Flint, Baker and Bryan that two were suspended and two were lacking match practice/fitness. That's all 4 positions badly affected. Under the circmstances a clean sheet is an achievement. 

Given a fully fit squad, I'm not sure that would be my preferred back 4. But yes, good defensively today; midfield let us down. Thought Kelly looked assured and good to see him get a full 90 minutes.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

How long have Cardiff had a Championship squad and Prem players?

How long have City been in this league and had to buy players in to compete from a league 1 squad.

Have a look at Wolves, their spending, Mendes, loans etc.

That’s all right but of course we could have signed experienced prem players on loan in January rather than a Kent 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s all right but of course we could have signed experienced prem players on loan in January rather than a Kent 

Could we? You know the budget, or what we have left...FFP etc?

I get being frustrated...but buying and loaning players isn't just a shopping list to Tesco's.

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Djuric is back ,

We didn't concede.

How did this post warrant a snake??

26 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spent half? 8 mill on Tomlin and Madine, plus the big wages the likes of Hoilett, Bamba, Morrison, Manga are all on, I'd argue they've spent more...

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Djuric is back ,

We didn't concede.

Great that Djuric is back on the beat,and Eros has been a huge miss-but my dear fellow as for the rest you are giving it a good polish..and the turd that is our January window is pretty tricky to put a shine on...............................

Archived