IGNORED

Positives from this afternoon

Major Isewater

22 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Main positive for me is I’m on the train home with a beer and away from the so called supporters stood behind me who moaned throughout. 

Not denying anyone the right to turn up and behave as they want but was it really necessary to call Marlon Pack a w!!*ker half way through the 2nd half? 

That may be why he was not at the top of his game but I would have thought  if Gerkin was arrested for a piss Pack would have been done as well.

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Spent half? 8 mill on Tomlin and Madine, plus the big wages the likes of Hoilett, Bamba, Morrison, Manga are all on, I'd argue they've spent more...

8 million is way of the mark on transfer fees but the wages I don’t know about the others as I guess you don’t know either but I’m sure promotion will cover that

The result was dismal today, but I’ve got to agree about Lloyd Kelly.

He looked a Rolls Royce of a footballer against Sheff Wed, is technically excellent, already a very tall lad and possesses good stamina.

Fully expect him to be in contention to be a regular starter next season.

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

8 million is way of the mark on transfer fees but the wages I don’t know about the others as I guess you don’t know either but I’m sure promotion will cover that

Don't know at all but I'd imagine players like that would be on decent wages that we probably couldn't afford. 6 mill for Madine and 2 mill for Tomlin is what I've heard from Sky and several newspapers though

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

So you know we have the money available to pay those players wages, and if they were available, and what constraints would be put into their contracts?

Like the constraints we have with Kent you mean,our players are not dim they would have known that unless he wasn’t played then we would be forking out extra

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

A disappointing day in many ways but just let's remember that of our preferred back 4 of Pisano, Flint, Baker and Bryan that two were suspended and two were lacking match practice/fitness. That's all 4 positions badly affected. Under the circmstances a clean sheet is an achievement. 

Against the worst side in the league with the smallest budget. There are no positives from today. It was dire. Worse than Cardiff. We look a relegation team. 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What was hard to understand,if Kent doesn’t play then we pay more of his wages

Do we? You know the exact details of his deal with us? Or what Liverpool have agreed for the future? Whether taking him may have a long term benefit and relationship for the club etc?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Do we? You know the exact details of his deal with us? Or what Liverpool have agreed for the future? Whether taking him may have a long term benefit and relationship for the club etc?

Oh come on,like our long term relationship we might have with Man City because pep likes the way we play some said on here,some people need a head wobble 

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Is this fact? I've heard it a lot, are we sure   though?

What Lee Johnson actually said was that there was a penalty clause if Kent didn’t play in a certain percentage of our remaining games.

What he didn’t say, was how many he has to play or what the penalty figure was.

I can see him getting on as a late sub quite often from here on in as a result of this..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What Lee Johnson actually said was that there was a penalty clause if Kent didn’t play in a certain percentage of our remaining games.

What he didn’t say, was how many he has to play or what the penalty figure was.

I can see him getting on as a late sub quite often from here on in as a result of this..

In place of our own young players having a game

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Oh come on,like our long term relationship we might have with Man City because pep likes the way we play some said on here,some people need a head wobble 

Part of being a manager is building relationships of trust with others. Since LJ has been here we've had Tammy from Chelsea, Pep lauding us, as did Morinho and others.  Getting a working trusted relationship with other Clubs is a massive bonus for a club like us.

The only person who's heads wobbling right now is yours, you simply don't understand how football work's behind the scenes...perhaps that's why your teeth fell out :)

You're the type of fan that would say, our own player wasn't good enough when given a go, to bring in a loan, which we did, then moan about it....oh hang on you just did :laugh:

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Part of being a manager is building relationships of trust with others. Since LJ has been here we've had Tammy from Chelsea, Pep lauding us, as did Morinho and others.  Getting a working trusted relationship with other Clubs is a massive bonus for a club like us.

The only person who's heads wobbling right now is yours, you simply don't understand how football work's behind the scenes...perhaps that's why your teeth fell out :)

You're the type of fan that would say, our own player wasn't good enough when given a go, to bring in a loan, which we did, then moan about it....oh hang on you just did :laugh:

Um no you bring in a loan player to improve your squad/team not to improve relationships with other clubs in my eyes,Tammy was a one off let’s get that right 

1 hour ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Yep, I get everyone’s frustrations but we’re still in the hunt. The positives are there if you look for them but there are a few that will never be happy 

I think the problem  here is that the play off place was ours to lose and we have.  Now we need to rely on other teams to make mistakes. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Pisano is back , was immense and showed what we were missing with BW covering.

Djuric is back ,

We got a point away from home.

We didn't concede.

We're still only three points off a top six place.

Kelly got 90 mins and looks a talent.

Djuric is back until he is crocked again

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Djuric is back ,

We didn't concede.

Fair play... :s

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Well said major...I'll add, lost only 9 all season, just 3 more than Wolves, and 17 places better than others in this league, of which many have far more experience, finance etc.

5th youngest squad in the league, young manager still learning and trying to get our Academy players a pathway to the first team.

Anyone would think we were near a relegation spot reading this forum.

Imagine if we had spent as much as Birmingham and had their owners and manager...actually I get the feeling some would be happy :laugh:

The future of the club looks good too with likes of Morrel, Andrews and Vyner etc. showing good form and gaining great experience 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Djuric is back ,

We didn't concede.

Well said. Positivity is good, need more of it.

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Positive about the season is that we are progressing, had some great cup ties, but look like we have run out of steam.

But what is meant by "running out of steam"? Surely we haven't run out of energy? Run out of confidence? Run out of ideas? 

Archived