IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

Just a small request to people. Maybe it's unnecessary.

I like humour and a laugh as much as anyone, and I'm certainly not a mod- but of all the threads, this is a particularly important one not to derail with puns IMO. Big barometer of the fanbase potentially.

Say what you like, but it's not uncommon for threads on here to be derailed with puns, or hasn't been uncommon in the past so maybe an idea?

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Care to elaborate as to why you could not wait until nearer the deadline?

I didn’t see any need to wait. I have good seats and don’t want to lose them.

Some years ago I had seats over the half way line in the old Williams stand. When Premier (corporate or whatever it was called) seating was introduced, I had to move and suffered with a far inferior view. I’m happy with my seats in the Lower Lansdown and will always renew them.

I respect the fact that many posters on here are angry at the new pricing. Maybe I’m too philosophical, but in terms of pleasures in life, watching Bristol City is right up there.

1 minute ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I didn’t see any need to wait. I have good seats and don’t want to lose them.

Some years ago I had seats over the half way line in the old Williams stand. When Premier (corporate or whatever it was called) seating was introduced, I had to move and suffered with a far inferior view. I’m happy with my seats in the Lower Lansdown and will always renew them.

I respect the fact that many posters on here are angry at the new pricing. Maybe I’m too philosophical, but in terms of pleasures in life, watching Bristol City is right up there.

Buying now does not guarantee anything. You could be moved anyway.

Will be renewing my daughters U19 ticket at some point but currently in Central Lansdown so will decide where is best for her and her friends.

On a personal note I took this season off after having had a season ticket for the last 20 years or so, mainly because of finances and family commitments with a one year old. I have been to about 5 games this season and yes, I got caught up in the excitement of the cup run! However I must admit I have not missed football anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I was looking to get one again for next season regardless of what happened over the remainder of this but I can honestly say I couldn’t really care about the club at this point in time. They have made it clear what they think of the fans and I have no interest in investing my time and money (other for my daughter) in Bristol Sports. Let’s face it, that’s who the money is going to, not my once beloved club.

I may have a change of heart at some point in the future but right now it’s not for me, which is quite painful to say!

Not renewed , season ticket holder 20 years , three of us would be plus £200 ish in the Dolman , bloody disgrace, the PR dept is the worst in football , never been riding so high in many years , 20k crowds  , all on side , so with no warning and with 9 weeks to go on the season that is starting to die, let’s crap on the fans, the social engineering of you will sit where we want , sod 20 years in the same place , is bad enough but being told renew  in a couple of weeks or lose your seats defies description NO other club would do that , the sad deluded bunch who sell only half the stadium to season ticket holders think they are Real Madrid , you lucky people if we allow you to buy a ticket , tossers !

17 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not renewed , season ticket holder 20 years , three of us would be plus £200 ish in the Dolman , bloody disgrace, the PR dept is the worst in football , never been riding so high in many years , 20k crowds  , all on side , so with no warning and with 9 weeks to go on the season that is starting to die, let’s crap on the fans, the social engineering of you will sit where we want , sod 20 years in the same place , is bad enough but being told renew  in a couple of weeks or lose your seats defies description NO other club would do that , the sad deluded bunch who sell only half the stadium to season ticket holders think they are Real Madrid , you lucky people if we allow you to buy a ticket , tossers !

That's the crux of the matter right there....

Luckily season tickets is not an issue that effects me to much. 

However I guess with a chance of premier league footy the club will try and ring a few extra quid out. 

I am interested in some of the comments. Football was a working class sport that was divorced from econmic reality for years. Now it is something completely different and has changed to be the replacement for religion for many. 

Do I love City. Please see my avatar but do I like the change. Not much. But then I don’t really considered myself working class anymore!

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

A wild stab in the dark, but are you by any chance a supporter of the Conservative Party?

I have to say, Original, that this is a rather sad comment just because you disagree with someone’s opinion. It reminds me of the time when Brian Redhead, a broadcaster on Radio 4’s Today programme was challenged on his political views. I quote from his obituary:

“After Nigel Lawson's 1987 budget Redhead interviewed the Chancellor and challenged him over unemployment. Lawson dismissed the criticism as that of 'a lifelong Labour supporter'. Redhead asked for a minute's silence 'while you compose an apology for daring to suggest you know how I exercise my vote, and I shall reflect on the death of your monetary policy’”

Would you like to compose yourself and apologise!

Keep politics out of the forum 

• Admin
2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agreed, the “I’m alright Jack” mentality is modern society at its worst.

I haven’t tallied up the non renewals, to the renewed but didn’t realise or the renewed and I’m happy posts, but they ratios I would imagine are something in a 85%/10%/5% split, so there is hardly a huge lack of empathy or I’m alright Jack. It’s a free country, if someone doesn’t want to join in, they are free to do so and I don’t feel they should be castigated for that view.

As for myself, I had a season ticket for just short of 30 years, with a high POTD attendance before that, but for the last 4 years, I haven’t renewed, I finally lost heart under SOD and I will say, it’s very easy to get out of the habit of going, especially if another interest starts to take precedence, I now only go to games that don’t interfere with work ( I used to take AL, swap shifts, cajole colleagues into staying late/staring early so I could go to games) or with my fishing. And without a season ticket and not able just to rock up with cash at the turnstile, it’s easy to not bother....... that’s the voice of experience.

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I have to say, Original, that this is a rather sad comment just because you disagree with someone’s opinion. It reminds me of the time when Brian Redhead, a broadcaster on Radio 4’s Today programme was challenged on his political views. I quote from his obituary:

“After Nigel Lawson's 1987 budget Redhead interviewed the Chancellor and challenged him over unemployment. Lawson dismissed the criticism as that of 'a lifelong Labour supporter'. Redhead asked for a minute's silence 'while you compose an apology for daring to suggest you know how I exercise my vote, and I shall reflect on the death of your monetary policy’”

Don't know why anyone should be so precious about who they vote for. 

It says an awful lot about who you are, what you value in life and where your principles lie. 

Some more than others, of course. 

Not affected at all, but not renewed. Yet. Probably intend to but will wait to see if BS show some compromise. May end up getting a half season ticket. Heartened to see the ratio on here in favour of not renewed. It's not indicative of all support but heartening nonetheless. Well done all (even those who've renewed, it shows we live in a [reasonably] free country).

Please, please stop the sniping and puns and endless back and forth chains of comments. It's an interesting thread diluted by these interruptions. Please do snipe and pun and reply on other threads, there are so many to choose from. It's been enjoyable for once to just scroll through a thread and be able to get a feel for what's going on without having to skip over all the usual malarkey. 

15 or 16 consecutive years a ST holder. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to again this time but will NOT renew until this had been resolved - I haven't been affected.

A shame as I felt BS were slowly getting things right, 2 steps forward but a giant leap back here.

39 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I'm waiting for the likes Pongo, but thank you for your comment. I shall never keep politics out of my life because it impacts heavily upon it and it always will.

I am not a ST holder so have not had to make a choice but to satisfy my curiosity (and save you the hassle) I have quickly tried to add up how many have said they (and family members, friends etc) have not renewed. I make it over 160 so far - although some have said they will consider nearer the time. This is by no means accurate as I am tired and have not read every post in detail but it gives a sense of the disgruntlement out there.

Price rise of 16% from 429 to 499 in Dolman Central. Not particularly happy, but haven't had a significant price rise for a few years plus it's 100 quid cheaper than Lansdown Central. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it so I've renewed. What else would I do on a Saturday afternoon? For those struggling to pay all at once I recommend the payment plan to spread the cost, I've used it for the last 2 years. 

Dolman wing (but very near the centre) at £415 works out fraction over £18:00 per home game. Sorry, thats a bargain.  If i cannot make it, I  give it to a family member to enjoy.  The match day experience at the Gate is better than ever, on the whole great games.  

Yes, some might be disappointed with moves and family issues, but if you are strapped for cash you can buy on instalments as well ?

Think I have renewed every March time for last few years ? Whats the issue ? 

I can't believe that nobody (so far) on this thread has mentioned the £50 million + that Bristol Sport invested in rebuilding AG - which is now a stadium fit for the Premier League.

During the redevelopment,  ticket prices were frozen - quite rightly, there was a lot of disruption during those two years although I should say that was a brilliant example of project management.

Not one game of football or rugby was missed during that challenging period. 

Bristol Sport is a business (get used to it) and if a business makes an investment they are entitled to a return on that investment.

So, now it is complete, admission prices are going up - to start paying back that investment. 

What is the problem here ? 

Archived