IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

Not renewed, having been subject to a massive increase in ticket pricing over the last four years. Started at £160 central Williams, then increase and enforced move to South Stand, increased on return to Lansdown and now the proposed increase takes it to £499. £339 increase in four years.

8 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

I can't believe that nobody (so far) on this thread has mentioned the £50 million + that Bristol Sport invested in rebuilding AG - which is now a stadium fit for the Premier League.

During the redevelopment,  ticket prices were frozen - quite rightly, there was a lot of disruption during those two years although I should say that was a brilliant example of project management.

Not one game of football or rugby was missed during that challenging period. 

Bristol Sport is a business (get used to it) and if a business makes an investment they are entitled to a return on that investment.

So, now it is complete, admission prices are going up - to start paying back that investment. 

What is the problem here ? 

No problem if you can afford it and you're happy. If you can't and you're not, it's a problem.

The Colston hall has had a refit, it needed it, just as the tired poor facilities at Ashton Gate needed it, the ticket prices never increased as it was an investment for the long term. Because of that refit, more people attended. That's what has happened at AG, but, they're gambling on cashing in on that increase of the customer base, coming back.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

No problem if you can afford it and you're happy. If you can't and you're not, it's a problem.

The Colston hall has had a refit, it needed it, just as the tired poor facilities at Ashton Gate needed it, the ticket prices never increased as it was an investment for the long term. Because of that refit, more people attended. That's what has happened at AG, but, they're gambling on cashing in on that increase of the customer base, coming back.

I believe the Colston Hall is owned by Bristol City Council. Correct me if I am wrong but if that is the case "return on investment" is not something familiar to them,

16 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

I can't believe that nobody (so far) on this thread has mentioned the £50 million + that Bristol Sport invested in rebuilding AG - which is now a stadium fit for the Premier League.

During the redevelopment,  ticket prices were frozen - quite rightly, there was a lot of disruption during those two years although I should say that was a brilliant example of project management.

Bristol Sport is a business (get used to it) and if a business makes an investment they are entitled to a return on that investment.

So, now it is complete, admission prices are going up - to start paying back that investment. 

The extortionate price raises! For my daughter to renew her current seat it is a 100% increase in price.

Doesn’t take a genius to work it out surely?!

28 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

How about the club don’t waste money on poor players?

how about the club doesn’t waste money on 2 assistant coaches?

how about they increase the Rugby ticket prices?

how about the club stop being so fuckng greedy? Every thing is sponsored there on match day, even the red balloons that fell out the sky during the United game!!!

how about Ashton bites the bullet?

what about the extra income from being on Sky a lot?

Loads of ways for the club to save money & not enforcing it on the fans

3 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

I believe the Colston Hall is owned by Bristol City Council. Correct me if I am wrong but if that is the case "return on investment" is not something familiar to them,

Strange analogy to use to have the upper hand in a debate. The principle investment is the same, perhaps Bristol City Council value their patrons and, will be more successful than Bristol Sport in their major investments over the years to come. They certainly seem to have a higher proportion of bums on seats for events at their venue, than Bristol Sport have at theirs, but, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not renewed yet. Deliberating on it. To give in and renew because you love the club and a way of life, or to stand up to the club in the wake of some unfair policies re supporters (not customers) especially young ones and families ? ? Still not sure . 

1 hour ago, The Red Planet said:

Yes and people have the right to protest/disagree with those prices so what's your problem?

1 hour ago, The Red Planet said:

And like any business, should expect to lose customers if they alienate them. 

I don't recall "we can bump up all the season ticket prices if we tart the place up and give you a wider range of overpriced food and drink to choose from" being mentioned as a reason for the revamp. It was all about being able to earn more from non-matchday sources - which I guess they're doing.

3 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Not renewed , season ticket holder 20 years , three of us would be plus £200 ish in the Dolman , bloody disgrace, the PR dept is the worst in football , never been riding so high in many years , 20k crowds  , all on side , so with no warning and with 9 weeks to go on the season that is starting to die, let’s crap on the fans, the social engineering of you will sit where we want , sod 20 years in the same place , is bad enough but being told renew  in a couple of weeks or lose your seats defies description NO other club would do that , the sad deluded bunch who sell only half the stadium to season ticket holders think they are Real Madrid , you lucky people if we allow you to buy a ticket , tossers !

Well said mate.. disgusting!!

Not renewed, it’s going to have to wait until pay day at least.

I’m not claiming poverty but funnily enough I can’t just find a 4 figured sum of cash at two weeks notice.

I fear it’s a detachment from the reality of a normal working wage that has got us into this predicament.

I’d bet the people behind these price hikes are all higher rate tax payers who have only a fading memory of just making ends meet (or failing to). They have litttle or no empathy with the rest of us.

Quite sad really.

2 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Red Cards?

On 12/03/2018 at 16:25, lost black rat said:

i suggested earlier all supporter's showing the club a red card 5 mins before kick off and at half time  by showing the card you would be telling the club you are not renewing you session ticket or are supporting those who are not  . ok its passive but won't effect the team . 

On 12/03/2018 at 18:04, Threshing Red said:

I think that is a great idea everybody should bring a red card with them to show the club how we feel. Still not renewed yet. 

47 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Not renewed, it’s going to have to wait until pay day at least.

I’m not claiming poverty but funnily enough I can’t just find a 4 figured sum of cash at two weeks notice.

I fear it’s a detachment from the reality of a normal working wage that has got us into this predicament.

I’d bet the people behind these price hikes are all higher rate tax payers who have only a fading memory of just making ends meet (or failing to). They have litttle or no empathy with the rest of us.

Quite sad really.

Are you not able to use the 10 month payment plan? 

Not renewed. £70 increase for central dolman. I really don't want to renew with such a disproportionate increase being applied. Three other family members are affected by rises - the two oaps in the ss will probably renew and my brother who sits with me won't renew if I don't.

Archived