IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Nothing to do with Pizzas babber.

When you said you followed W-S-M then Manor Farm just wondered if you had time to watch City as well or if one took preference over the other. That's all.

Ah I'm with you.

I've been an ST holder for the last 2 years at City.

City take precedence at the moment but that's all been kicked massively in to touch by this. I occasionally make it to the Woodspring when theres an international break, but as it stands right now the priority is something like

1. City

2. BMF

3. Weston

(Sorry if I came across as passive aggressive earlier on. Something of a shite day so far!)

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Unless your name is Steve, Jon or Mark...

I suppose the only other reason I can think of for the original and new deadline is that for some reason Bristol Sport want as much cash into the coffers as possible prior to the turn of the tax year.  Guess they could be planning for FFP or some other sort of accounting matter that means they want money in the bank and on the balance sheet before 6 April. They can't make the deadline 5 April because they might need time to make sure all the money clears through?

I am playing devil's advocate somewhat but just trying to think through possible reasons.

Of course, the reason may simply be "they've not thought this through at all".

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I suppose the only other reason I can think of for the original and new deadline is that for some reason Bristol Sport want as much cash into the coffers as possible prior to the turn of the tax year.  Guess they could be planning for FFP or some other sort of accounting matter that means they want money in the bank and on the balance sheet before 6 April. They can't make the deadline 5 April because they might need time to make sure all the money clears through?

I am playing devil's advocate somewhat but just trying to think through possible reasons.

Of course, the reason may simply be "they've not thought this through at all".

It shouldn't be a tax issue. Corporation tax is staying the same between this financial year and the next so there is no incentive based on a rate change. Besides, CT is a tax on profits, and the club is loss making. 

As for FFP this is done by reference to the club's accounting period, which runs until 31 May each year, so again that wouldn't explain it.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just renewed my dolman wing seat at £415.  Checked what I paid last year and it was £441.  I could have sworn that the prices had gone up.

They show the price per game at 23 games though, but I'm still hoping for 19 :)

I paid £399 with a £2 fee added on last year @wendyredredrobin

22 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

@RumRed But with Friday 30th March being a Bank Holiday Thursday 29th is the final banking day of March.  Therefore even if you are normally paid on the last day of the month your wages should hit your bank account on the 29th.

Unless I am really missing something.  It doesn't seem that crazy.

Don't most people stick it on a credit card?  In which case the card statement date is more important than pay day.

Not sure if this is the thread - but no-one has mentioned the possible lack of blocks of seats in the SS of 4 or more together (assuming all those currently with season tickets eventually renew).

A typical situation could arise with grandfather*, father* and 2 children (of an age where they flatly refuse to sit with the "little kids") have to move due to inability to find the extra money - they prefer to watch the game from the side, don't want to leave their friends but reluctantly decide to move to the SS but then find that they can't sit together! 

(*or grandmother / mother or any combination of family members)

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Barkhamred said:

Not sure if this is the thread - but no-one has mentioned the possible lack of blocks of seats in the SS of 4 or more together (assuming all those currently with season tickets eventually renew).

A typical situation could arise with grandfather*, father* and 2 children (of an age where they flatly refuse to sit with the "little kids") have to move due to inability to find the extra money - they prefer to watch the game from the side, don't want to leave their friends but reluctantly decide to move to the SS but then find that they can't sit together! 

(*or grandmother / mother or any combination of family members)

That is a very valid point. I asked the club for information on availability in the South Stand for groups of 4+, but Bristol Sport refused to provide it.

It could very well be that those being socially engineered out of the Dolman or Lansdown by economic sanctions have no opportunity to relocate to the South Stand.

39 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

That is a very valid point. I asked the club for information on availability in the South Stand for groups of 4+, but Bristol Sport refused to provide it.

It could very well be that those being socially engineered out of the Dolman or Lansdown by economic sanctions have no opportunity to relocate to the South Stand.

And can’t go in the Family area as they don’t have an under 12. That is the rule isn’t it, I don’t want to relay mis information

Renewed. Not happy about my price hike in the Dolman central sections E31. 

My children's tickets have doubled in price......my ticket has gone up 14%.......

Hope Mr Lansdown realises that people have an alternative 'loyalty' (to their wallets) and, should the prices be hiked like this again next season, I probably will have to call it a day on attending AG to watch city. 

I'm genuinely disappointed by this. A club that spends a lot of time harping on about being a family club....then goes and hits the next generation of fans with a price hike of 100%.

This has put a rather negative Auora on what could have been a great consolidation season. Imagine what would have happened had Bristol Sport had thanked he fans properly for their support by freezing (or marginally increasing) the prices......at least I now what I'm going to do with the 14% pay rise I didnt get........

Not renewed, Central Dolman so affected by price increase. Unhappy at being blackmailed over keeping the seat I’ve sat in for 20+ years. I can afford it....but there are so many that can’t. Bristol Sport have ruined my football club, thanks guys.

From a very angry ‘ client’ 

Still not renewed. Waiting on further developments to see if anything changes.

If I do renew, every penny I spend on match day will be outside Ashton Gate Stadium.

No Food, No Drinks, No Programme, No Merchandise.

Bristol Sport can shove it's 'loyalty' scheme up it's Arse.  I've given BCFC 50 years of loyalty.

not renewed. central Dolman. not happy with over inflation price increase coupled with reduction in season plus benefit (15% to 10%). I have to miss a handful of games each season because of work and commitments with 3 young kids. POTD more attractive option next season although it does mean I will inevitably miss more games as having a season ticket meant I would often pull out all the stops to attend; much less likely with POTD

Not directly affected but still not renewed, and still very much undecided.

Tbh, the disgraceful treatment of @Harry by some fellow City fans has disappointed me almost as much as the unacceptable and overbearing attitude from the club. I've always felt I was surrounded at AG by like minded fellow City fanatics who were as one; now it appears a new breed may have infiltrated and usurped them.

If I don't renew - and I'm wavering for the first time in 48 years - I doubt I'll go much at all.

Being used to having a ST and therefore not really thinking about the individual match price, the prices for POTD are off putting afaic.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not directly affected but still not renewed, and still very much undecided.

Tbh, the disgraceful treatment of @Harry by some fellow City fans has disappointed me almost as much as the unacceptable and overbearing attitude from the club. I've always felt I was surrounded at AG by like minded fellow City fanatics who were as one; now it appears a new breed may have infiltrated and usurped them.

If I don't renew - and I'm wavering for the first time in 48 years - I doubt I'll go much at all.

Being used to having a ST and therefore not really thinking about the individual match price, the prices for POTD are off putting afaic.

Nogbad, if people like you don't renew the club should close the business down. 

Archived